Tireless Run - Does it still have a place in runescape?

SacredFlam3s

well, i was doing a farming run with a spirit terrorbird, and i was wondering, does it still have a place in rs with the run energy update, which allows you to rest and get all your energy back in a matter of seconds. i personally think it does, in places like sara gwd, but not in much other places. WHat do you think?

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

The rest update, useful as it may be, can never truly replace Tireless Run. Gaining energy instantly is still better than having to take a twenty-second break.

The main advantage is that you can keep running while using the scrolls, while resting requires you to stop moving in order to restore energy.

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK

yes, but after awhile it can still add up costwise. and with 99 agility, you could probably run long enough now since the armour and you get it back alot faster.

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

yes, but after awhile it can still add up costwise. and with 99 agility, you could probably run long enough now since the armour and you get it back alot faster.

Not really :? The scrolls are 32ea (pretty much hit a price floor ATM). 1k scrolls are 32k. 1k scrolls lasts a long time, so it doesn't add up, anyone can make the money back by that time.

They're definetly less usefull since people can run to most places without energy restoring methods. There still are some uses though. Running from var to Bork requires a few scrolls (I run out at the zammy monks), Treasure trails, penguins, farming (they're still invaluable for this).

In some ways they're even more usefull, now that the prices have gone from insanely low to INSANELY low.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

The rest update, useful as it may be, can never truly replace Tireless Run. Gaining energy instantly is still better than having to take a twenty-second break.

The main advantage is that you can keep running while using the scrolls, while resting requires you to stop moving in order to restore energy.

I'd agree here. The only difference is that you have to do a bit more clicking. :P

j0xPu5R.png

I actually can't think of any situations where you might run out of run and there is no better familiar to use than a spirit terrorbird :?

I mean, at sara gwd team it's now better just to bring a healing familiar and some sweets, and while zmi'ing you only need half an energy pot every 10 runs or something.

2dvjurb.png

For Runecrafting I stopped using them since the update. Can run for 20-25 trips without stopping once. Occasionally I just click-walk to somewhere and all the energy just restores by the time I get back. Never out of energy ftw!

I do use Tireless run for uh.. Penguin hunting No wait.. I don't use tireless run anymore haha! :D Don't care either really, just raised my summoning to 68 so I can bunyip / war tortoise / mith minotaur. No use for that old terrorbird anymore :D

For the game, for anyone without 50 agility it is extremely usefull. Especially if they are on a quick-gathering skill. But can hardly think of anything. They are dirt-cheap now, so if you ever EVEN CONSIDER you MIGHT run out.. you can use them. There is seriously no reason not to use them other then not having 52 summoning because the cost is so neglectable. I throw away stuff more expensive then that.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg