am i the only person that doesnt like pixel art sigs?

MattSinclair

they seem to be getting out of hand recently, and personally I dont like it. Everywhere i look, i always see a pixel sig/post. I have had a go at pixel art before and i understand it isnt the easiest art there is, but i just think its getting out of hand

anyone else think this?

Yes, yes, I couldnt agree more :D

Ofcourse, there are people that make nice ones, like Zimlem, The Jeppoz, Lan Hakari, but the main part of the pixelart posted here is junk, IMHO..

I know it takes time, and tis hard to do, yes..I can make pretty decent pixelart myself, but I dont like doing it..

I think this fad has been long enough already..

Please dont make a flamewar out of this, this is purely my opinion..

tipitsigte0.png

Ofcourse, there are people that make nice ones, like Zimlem, The Jeppoz, Lan Hakari, but the main part of the pixelart posted here is junk, IMHO..

I know it takes time, and tis hard to do, yes..I can make pretty decent pixelart myself, but I dont like doing it..

i just do it cuz i REALLY think it FUN to do. i do doing it more then normal sigs.

i just do it cuz i REALLY think it FUN to do. i do doing it more then normal sigs.

Ah yes, I see..

But Im sure half of the people who recently started doing pixelart, are doing it because they saw how much money you can get with it..

Im not saying you did, but Im sure there are some..

tipitsigte0.png

Ah yes, I see..

But Im sure half of the people who recently started doing pixelart, are doing it because they saw how much money you can get with it..

Im not saying you did, but Im sure there are some..

well im sure alot of them did.

but 4 me making lots of money off something i really enjoy doing is a bonus

It's better then the smily sig hype.. :o

And it's also more original. Everybody has their own style, which you can clearly see in pixel sigs. Its better then some people copying other people's style. :roll:

yes its not getting out of hand but its becoming more popular and u have your own style ( i personally think jeppoz's is the best) on the other hand smile sigs are more of a style not type

i hope i explained this in english normal people can understand (besides me)

but im not that into it but i respect what i call the gods of pixel art on this froum jeppoz, lanhikari, and zimlem i try at it and i don't produce very good results but im getting better and sometimes it actually is fun

Im not into pixel sigs either, but people who do them really put a lot of time and effort into them.

And for that they should be respected, even if it is not top-notch quality. In the same way, rather than call Zezima lifeless, you could respect the amount of time and effort he's put into RuneScape, even if it is only a game.

I know that seems irrelevant, but I'm trying to make a point, that being:

Someone may not be the best at what they do, but you should respect their efforts. That's what counts. Sure, in real life that's not going to cut it, but giving respect won't cost you anything, and it'll make other people feel a whole lot better.

well i personaly don't like abstract sigs that much. 80% of them are more or less the same standard derived from a bunch of tutorials that keeps reviving itself now and then...adding this...changing that...but still the same concept i could see 5 years ago (not here, in general). It requires photoshop and internet explorer to make a nice abstract sig and some effects/Styles are so much abused nowadays...The render abstract are a bit better still they soffer of the "already seen" problem. Then come the brushed abstracts. Those are my favourite cause u can see a certain personal style in them...even if referrals are still visible. But for sure they have their own pulsing heart inside. (even cause ppl that makes them usualy work hard and gets nice results). And then comes pixelart...I'm totaly new to this style but as u should have seen on these boards i got a bit addicted to it. I learned from nothing. 0 tutorials. 0 referrals. Just opened Mspaint and started drawing according to my past ages lasting experience of free hand works. (dunno how much that helps...but it's still more similar to pixel art than abstracts are...) Of course u need to put a lot of effort in those works to achieve a nice result and starting a project it's more like a personal challange to go over your limits since there's no way to get backup in pixelart. No way to cover mistakes but redraw...and so on. Plus no1 can copy you since style is very very very personal in any of the graphical expressions....drawing...facial expressions....colors...themes....and in pixel stuff i think the gap between some1 that works hard and some1 that wastes a couple of minutes is way wider than it is on other forms of digital art.

I gotta recognise there's a trend for pixel sigs , whose quality is very variable, but that's maybe cause some ppl noticed how good they could be. Plus fresh air is always welcome i think...

Then we don't have to forget that every1 has a partciular tast for arts...still i personaly can't admire something not my fav style that's however done with a lot of work and labour.

Keiphus?

Im pretty sure he wasnt the start of this..

Yes, I know he started doing pixel signatures way back, but since te return of scape, I think it were Bow (Zimlem) and Lan_Hakari (sp?)

But yeah, normally fads dont last this long ;)

Smokie, I do repsect them, but its just getting too much...

Oh well, it will die out anyways, soon enough almost everyone will have Pixel Signatures, and then the ones who want to stand out go buy different ones, because everyone else has pixel signatures..

At least I know Ill never use a pixel sig :P

tipitsigte0.png

But of course... Keiphus started pixel sigs long before this board and in this board...If you remember the text? ah yes... and people just grew off that and more and more people started it and look at it now...

You know..I also just realised..

The creator of this thread, actually helepd getting the pixel stuff started, as he made some pixelart before he got a temp ban, and he got back, and now its all pixel pixel pixel :P

Kinda stupid actually :lol:

tipitsigte0.png

I love pixel art :) It's amazing how some people can make such beautiful images by painting a pixel at a time. It takes skill and loads of time.

Whether it's original or not, I don't care, nor whether there are many that do it or not.

I think it's amazing and those that can do it, don't stop! :P

P2P :: 1836 ST :: 91 MAGE :: 90 RANGE :: 85 PRAY :: 245 QP :: 124 CMB

it's just like saying don't use Photoshop, or don't use Bryce...don't use MS Paint...that sounds stupid, doesn't it.

the "fad" as you call it can be made into so many different things, that's why it's so long lasting i think. smilie sigs are just that. smilies. but pixel sigs can be amde into most anything.

ooh well. i like it anyway.

korla3eaqd3.jpg

it's just like saying don't use Photoshop, or don't use Bryce...don't use MS Paint...that sounds stupid, doesn't it.

the "fad" as you call it can be made into so many different things, that's why it's so long lasting i think. smilie sigs are just that. smilies. but pixel sigs can be amde into most anything.

ooh well. i like it anyway.

yeah i love the fact that when theres a post on a pixel sig

ya think '0o0owht#hat will it be?' where as if some1 ses rate my new abstract, u alredi seen it before reli