TWR multi clanning rule?

Tizi

well currently TWR's multy clanning rule is you cant be in more then 1 clan thats in TWR, Which i think is unfair because, it would let some clan member be in say Collision and another clan in twr. I think multi-clanning should be you are only allowed to be in one clan total. What do you guys think?

http://rs-downfall.com Join the Community, if you're already in a clan register and become a clan friend!

Downfall Since September 6, 2008

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this post should be in the TWR forum but I have a reply thought of so I'll speak my mind now.

Multi-clanning is a phenomenon widely discouraged among the clan community. I consider it to be "NH" to be in more than one clan at once. However the TWR rules about multi-clanning only serve to help clarify how the TWR works.

In order for there to be fewer disputes, it makes sense not to allow clans with members already in a TWR(country clan, team, or even main clan) to join. This is simply out of necessity as from my understanding there have been many disputes about this.

If a person is in Collision (not on the TWR) and in a TWR clan, it really isn't the business of anyone involved in the TWR, as nothing is affected.

Tip.it (the TWR in particular) shouldn't have to enforce a no multi-clanning policy, as that is really up to the discretion of the Clan leaders and the member in question.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Multiclaning can be considered unloyal, and it is indeed a problem alot of times, like when 2 clans got an event at the same time, or they fight themselves , but I think the TWR rule is ok, because as long as that someone isnt in two + TWR list they dont affect the ranks.Is not like them being in a clan outside of TWR give their clan any kind of advantage , or affects the ranks in anyway,infact I would say it gives the TWR clan a disadvantage cuz they might prefer to be warring/pking with their other(s) clan rather than the TWR one.

If that person however is in two TWR list then it indeed would affect the ranks and would be unfair, so I think the rule is ok.

gene.png

gene2.png

gene3.png

person who won the most awards: Generaldesor

RETIRED

I think this post should be in the TWR forum

It might; however, considering after the weekends wars are usually over, they start to get flooded with declarations and I don't want this to be buried.

We are currently discussing this particular TWR rule at a length and we'll be watching this topic; aka, it won't go unnoticed ;)

hzvjpwS.gif

This better not ban us from being in teams...

:lol: I love reading Downfall Comments.

Back to the original question "I think multi-clanning should be you are only allowed to be in one clan total. What do you guys think?"

I think as long as your in one TWR clan its okay since Most TWR clans don't do pvp it shouldn't interfere with there other Pvp clans and most wars take up to 30 minutes in Cw and also depends on type of war it is. so you still have alot of time to be in pvp clan if you have dedication and time to attend there events. So yea person being in OTHER CLANS and also TWR i don't think it should be against" rules "

mosthated2.jpg

red.gif?t=1251559872

bestflamer2.jpg

I think this post should be in the TWR forum

It might; however, considering after the weekends wars are usually over, they start to get flooded with declarations and I don't want this to be buried.

We are currently discussing this particular TWR rule at a length and we'll be watching this topic; aka, it won't go unnoticed ;)

Ok, fair enough.

Back to the original question "I think multi-clanning should be you are only allowed to be in one clan total. What do you guys think?"

I think as long as your in one TWR clan its okay since Most TWR clans don't do pvp it shouldn't interfere with there other Pvp clans and most wars take up to 30 minutes in Cw and also depends on type of war it is. so you still have alot of time to be in pvp clan if you have dedication and time to attend there events. So yea person being in OTHER CLANS and also TWR i don't think it should be against" rules "

That's pretty much what I think, although I managed to say it without flaming :thumbup:

polvCwJ.gif

Infact it doesnt give unfair advantage ,but disadvantage cuz I seen pvp clans and twr clans hosting events at the same time,I can give a real example. demigod259, he was in Downfall and Corr, and he alot of times didnt war for us cuz he was pking with corr.

Unloyal yes, but it doesnt really affects the ranks, if a clan doesnt mind multiclanners in, it shouldnt really be a problem for the TWR.

Besides , theres alot of country clans/teams in the TWR.if the rule ever gets changed, this clans/teams would obviously be either excluded of the rule, or the TWR itself.

Sparze, what numberz said isnt that stupid, because some teams are in the TWR, yet I heard laikrob said someone shouldnt be on the ml of two twr participants,and I saw TKO posting their "clean" list (with no other people from clans in the TWR) wich is nice, because if they warred with them, now that would be unfair, and bad for the ranks.

And numberz, this is just a discussion topic, they havent modified it yet, and being in a team or country clan isnt considered multiclaning, is called a team and a COUNTRY clan for a reason.

As in TWR speaking, you would be allowed to be like in TKO or LND , but I think they wouldnt allow you to war for them, wich is good.

gene.png

gene2.png

gene3.png

person who won the most awards: Generaldesor

RETIRED

Infact it doesnt give unfair advantage ,but disadvantage cuz I seen pvp clans and twr clans hosting events at the same time,I can give a real example. demigod259, he was in Downfall and Corr, and he alot of times didnt war for us cuz he was pking with corr.

Unloyal yes, but it doesnt really affects the ranks, if a clan doesnt mind multiclanners in, it shouldnt really be a problem for the TWR.

Besides , theres alot of country clans/teams in the TWR.if the rule ever gets changed, this clans/teams would obviously be either excluded of the rule, or the TWR itself.

Sparze, what numberz said isnt that stupid, because some teams are in the TWR, yet I heard laikrob said someone shouldnt be on the ml of two twr participants,and I saw TKO posting their "clean" list (with no other people from clans in the TWR) wich is nice, because if they warred with them, now that would be unfair, and bad for the ranks.

And numberz, this is just a discussion topic, they havent modified it yet, and being in a team or country clan isnt considered multiclaning, is called a team and a COUNTRY clan for a reason.

As in TWR speaking, you would be allowed to be like in TKO or LND , but I think they wouldnt allow you to war for them, wich is good.

O god no i wouldn't be allowed in TKO nd LND o no ... Dude TKO is the last Team i would want to join . But thanks for clearing this up for me mate really appreciated

mosthated2.jpg

red.gif?t=1251559872

bestflamer2.jpg

I also think that the current rule doesn't affect the wars for TWR now, but it might stop TWR from getting bigger clans in the future. For example, if Corruption possibly wants to join in the future, the "teams" on TWR will have to, or will be asked to take Corruption members off their memberlist. It's not a big problem, but it's a barrier for them to cross. In that way I think having more teams on TWR might be holding back the TWR.

Animum debes mutare, non caelum.

wallpaperageofwonderssh.jpg

You know, the current rules could make it so I could add random non TWR-clan members to my ml and say they're Legendz. Not gunna mention names, but I've noticed this happening in one TWR clan. Now I don't know why this is done, but at the moment this clan is getting away with it, and scoring some big wins as a result.

I just don't know how this can be changed without some sort of argument or opposion, bring back the old rule, and there will be a lot of fuss and chaos. Not change it, and there's still fuss and the odd chaos, as well as what I'd call cheating. Not for me to mention on public boards though.

New account: Jack

You know, the current rules could make it so I could add random non TWR-clan members to my ml and say they're Legendz. Not gunna mention names, but I've noticed this happening in one TWR clan. Now I don't know why this is done, but at the moment this clan is getting away with it, and scoring some big wins as a result.

I just don't know how this can be changed without some sort of argument or opposion, bring back the old rule, and there will be a lot of fuss and chaos. Not change it, and there's still fuss and the odd chaos, as well as what I'd call cheating. Not for me to mention on public boards though.

LOL i know witch clan your talking about ::'

mosthated2.jpg

red.gif?t=1251559872

bestflamer2.jpg

I also think that the current rule doesn't affect the wars for TWR now, but it might stop TWR from getting bigger clans in the future. For example, if Corruption possibly wants to join in the future, the "teams" on TWR will have to, or will be asked to take Corruption members off their memberlist. It's not a big problem, but it's a barrier for them to cross. In that way I think having more teams on TWR might be holding back the TWR.

But then how do you decide which clan/team they fight for? I see a few ways around it.

Personally I don't have an issue with someone "multi-clanning" as long as they are legitimately in both clans. For example, when we fight Corruption in pvp I fully expect and understand to see several DH members there, and vice versa.

What I don't like, is as JC said, some clans adding random people to their memberlist just to win a war. However, ML locks can be instituted if a particular clan is becoming a problem. It would be nice to see some sort of rule in place about this though I don't know how easily it could be enforced.

And then the quintessential issue: what if clans with common members are going to fight a TWR war? For example Corruption and TKO. I think this really depends on what the clan officials decide amongst themselves. In general multi-clanners have a "main" clan, then a "country" clan, a CWA team, etc. Most "main" clans that allow "multi-clanning" don't allow other main clans; for example I couldn't join Legendz while still being in SE. However, I could join team TKO, or a country clan, a skilling clan, etc. The catch is Se always has to be my priority, and in general this is a rule that is enforced globally amongst "main" clans. This leads me to think that the problem will probably fix itself. Using my example of TKO vs Corruption, all Corruption members on TKO ml would likely have to fight for Corruption unless they had permission from a leader. I can't say for sure if things would work this way, it's just my general impression.

polvCwJ.gif

o.O i agree with JC :thumbsup:

Clans are getting away with adding random mems from non-twr clans.... and it is absolutely ridiculous! Tbh multi-clanning should be defined as any member being on more than 1 "Official Clan List" .... teams/miscellaneous shouldn't be considered as multi-clanning but being on more than 1 official list (TWR or Non TWR) is multi-clanning.. and there is no other way to describe it.

hope that was readable... typed on itouch... =/

>> DF-RUNE-WILL<<

>> DOWNFALL COUNCIL SINCE OCT 08' <<

Be Part of the Downfall Today!:

Click For Downfall's Site!

#Downfall on swift irc

>>110+ Clan (108+ for Fa) - 85+ Def. - 70+ Mage - 15+ Rune sets - TS3<<

o.O i agree with JC :thumbsup:

Clans are getting away with adding random mems from non-twr clans.... and it is absolutely ridiculous! Tbh multi-clanning should be defined as any member being on more than 1 "Official Clan List" .... teams/miscellaneous shouldn't be considered as multi-clanning but being on more than 1 official list (TWR or Non TWR) is multi-clanning.. and there is no other way to describe it.

hope that was readable... typed on itouch... =/

But what I want to know is why you think the TWR has the right to define multi-clanning in such a straightforward way? Multi-clanning of some sorts is seen as completely respectable.

Personally I think that sometimes people are looking for reasons that a loss isn't there fault. It simply comes down to the fact that sometimes mass-recruiting will give you a win, you either deal with it or do it yourself.

polvCwJ.gif

Ok, I also stated this rule in the Got a Idea/comment/suggestion to TWR?

Well just say for a example, Legendz needed members to beat Crimson Raiders, so they chose a clan to pic and add them to their ML with the Clan knowing, so for example Legendz picks Wilderness Guardians members and adds them to their ML, 48 houts before the War, the ML is locked, so no changes to the ML whatsoever. This is alright for Legendz, as they added WG to their ML. The War day, Legendz masses a collosal 90 members out of 200, while Crimson Raiders pulls a lowly 20, now what are the odds of Legendz + WILDERNESS GUARDIANS vs Crimson Raiders? a very small chace for Crimson Raiders right? so after the War, Legendz wins blah blah blah, they make a TWR topic claiming they win, TWR hands over the points to Legendz, nothing happeneds.

Now, was that a fair War? NO, Legendz added a whole clan to their ML before the ML lock which is not breaking the rules, but then adding members form ANOTHER Official Clan, so this is why the rule should apply outsaide of TWR.

a70kf.png

Divine Forces | #DF on irc.seersirc.net | Most Motivated |

http://rs-df.com/forums

Ok, I also stated this rule in the Got a Idea/comment/suggestion to TWR?

Well just say for a example, Legendz needed members to beat Crimson Raiders, so they chose a clan to pic and add them to their ML with the Clan knowing, so for example Legendz picks Wilderness Guardians members and adds them to their ML, 48 houts before the War, the ML is locked, so no changes to the ML whatsoever. This is alright for Legendz, as they added WG to their ML. The War day, Legendz masses a collosal 90 members out of 200, while Crimson Raiders pulls a lowly 20, now what are the odds of Legendz + WILDERNESS GUARDIANS vs Crimson Raiders? a very small chace for Crimson Raiders right? so after the War, Legendz wins blah blah blah, they make a TWR topic claiming they win, TWR hands over the points to Legendz, nothing happeneds.

Now, was that a fair War? NO, Legendz added a whole clan to their ML before the ML lock which is not breaking the rules, but then adding members form ANOTHER Official Clan, so this is why the rule should apply outsaide of TWR.

And was WG ok with that? Legendz needs to find members to be warring that are ok with the multi-clanning aspect, and many aren't. It's up to the clan accepting the fight (CR) to realize that Legendz is doing this and get a matched war instead.

While I agree that this isn't fair, the question still rises about how to enforce a multi-clanning rule.

Ps. I in no way mean Legendz is actually doing this, just making an example.

polvCwJ.gif

Well You could get someone to check the opponments ML and list all the names that are in the Official Clans, then reply in the declaration, of all the Multi-Clanners, and let the Leaders sort out.

a70kf.png

Well You could get someone to check the opponments ML and list all the names that are in the Official Clans, then reply in the declaration, of all the Multi-Clanners, and let the Leaders sort out.

But obviously the leader of Legendz would refuse to remove them, saying they are part of the clan by proper means.

Once again, using LGZ as an example.

polvCwJ.gif

Oh you was still talking to my point, ok its simple as this, Lgz would remove them after the War and with my point,

If they do not, then obviously its Rule breaking which means they lose points and Crimson Raiders gets auto points.

a70kf.png

Oh you was still talking to my point, ok its simple as this, Lgz would remove them after the War and with my point,

If they do not, then obviously its Rule breaking which means they lose points and Crimson Raiders gets auto points.

who cares about the freaking points its about witch clan is stronger is #1 the points don't mean nothing when you get your as kicked by another clan that is ranked lower then you.

mosthated2.jpg

red.gif?t=1251559872

bestflamer2.jpg

This is a very hard decision. I can see the pros and cons both ways. If every member was only allowed to be in 1 clan, including outside of TWR, this would cause a lot of issues. However, as Jc said earlier, clans adding a good amount of members before a war from clans outside of TWR and using them to gain an advantage in wars is the true problem. I know you can enforce memberlist locks, but the only way this would be effective is to enforce it the day the war rules are decided on, and even this could be flawed if these members stay on the memberlist forever and keep warring with them while in another clan outside of TWR.

crsigl.png

§ Crimson Raiders Veteran | skull_crossbones.gif Ex Downfall Warlord | bcouncil.gif Ex Team Vendetta Council