Dragon slayer quest

irocksockes1

:thumbsup: Hey everybody i just started the dragon slayer quest, and my combat level is 51. does anybody have any advice for me on fighting elvarg ; like what combat level i should be? :o

lolcat

runescape-2.jpg

I did not photoshop that "1" in my signature, i made it more noticable.

Thats my combat level 61

Bring a teleport with you, bring Lobster or better food for Elvarg, and proper melee armor and you'll be fine. ;)

I think I killed elvarg at level 60 without a lot of difficulty. This was back in the early beginnings of RS2 though, so there might be easier ways to go about it now.

hzvjpwS.gif

would using magic in addition to melee be good or should i just use a rune 2h sword

You must use a Rune Scim + Anti-Dragon shield, unless you're found of dying then stick with a rune 2h

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Im going to assume your f2p

helm--rune full

ammy--power

body--rune chain

legs-rune plate

boots--doesnt matter f2p

rune scimmy+antidragonfire shire

whatever gloves

just bring lobsters or swordfish along with a strength pot and runes for a teleport.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

lvl51 is high enough, I did it at lvl 52. (many many years ago) buy rune armour, don't forget your antidragonfire schield. buy str pots, and take as many food with you as possible if you go to elvarg, also take a teleport with you (maybe you aren't lucky the first [few] times) also pray melee would be handy. [also don't forget to go to the secret wall first, because if you die or teleport you will have to fix the boat again]

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

would using magic in addition to melee be good or should i just use a rune 2h sword

No.. Most Dragons are strong against Magic :?

Take good armour lots of food and teleport runes. Maybe a Strength potion as well? And most of all the Anti-Dragonfire Shield.

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

I did it at level 40. Rune longsword is more effective against elvarg (use stab) than rune scimmy or rune 2h. Bring at least addy armour and swordfish and teleport runes. On my first try, i had to tele out with Elvarg extremely close to dieing because i panicked and waste food lol yeah

everything thing rune (armour wise) lobsters and str pots bring fally teleport..and ur done

except for the plate ;) that has to be addy since you can't wear rune

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

everything thing rune (armour wise) lobsters and str pots bring fally teleport..and ur done

except for the plate ;) that has to be addy since you can't wear rune

lol i know i meant rune chain

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png