Music that makes you want to kill yourself (not emo)

ElkNight

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once believed that nothing mainstream was good until I heard Radiohead's Kid A. Changed me for the better, did that album.

Released in 2000.

In 2000, Pop was mainstream. Like "I love you baaaaaby, dont ever gooo"

Now it's rap and hip hop.

Like "Yo dawg me and my homie Snoop Doggy Dogg jus' chillin in da back smokin' weed bangin' [garden tools]" :|

Fact is, I used to shun everything as bad before I listened to it. I also find mainstream hip-hop highly entertaining, and the same goes for mainstream pop.

My turn to be a whiny little [bleep] about mainstream subculture in the UK, right?

Over here, we're still in that whiny, pointless post-punk revival fad. We've had some real monstrosities of bands such as Editors, Foals, the Libertines and Franz Ferdinand. I honestly can't think of a single GOOD post-punk revival band. I would much rather people here listen to hip-hop than this self-righteous, indulgent garbage. If you want to make me lose my mind you can just sit me in a room and blast out Babyshambles or something like that.

The pretentious indie attitude of most younger people in the UK is horrible. I once recommended my friend a couple of my favourite indie rock bands (as I thought he liked indie rock, not this revival stuff) and he comes back with "this [cabbage] sucks, I'm TOO INDIE for it". Now, I wonder - does the music actually promote this snobby attitude, or do the kids themselves take it upon themselves to act this way? Most of the people into revival bands I know act like this, and it makes striking up a conversation with music incredibly hard because I just end up getting shot down every five seconds for "not being indie enough for us".

The attitude of the music, bands and kids that listen to it sums up why post-punk revival makes me want to commit ritual suicide.

It's kinda like Run DMC over here, all the kids are into it. And if you say you don't like it, they usually call you uncultured. Even though you know they don't even listen to Run DMC, they just buy the t shirts, because it's the newest fad. If you recommend another rapper, they says they're too old school.

What do ya know, idiocy travels all over the world.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

In south aus, I think there is literally no 'fad' or anything. Just listen to the radio and thats what everyone uneducated in the world of music listens to. It's like "Oh hey I like 'Flo Rida' so i got all his songs". Apparently Eminem is old because he used to be mainstream in like 2002 and is again now. Atleast his rapping is somewhat funny and makes sense..

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I have a friend who - just out of the blue - will sigh: "Damn, I just hate pop."

He's quite the elitist. It's a bit of a problem, he's one of my best friends. :(

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

That atrocity that jaerk posted in the OP - made my ears bleed.

Why would anyone combine pop with screamo. Techno, electro thing was OK.

But, what I really dislike is the death bands like : Waking the Cadaver

[hide=Song Example][yt]uCBSX0XDSVI[/yt][/hide]

And really hilarious.

^Lol at the real lyrics.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

^Lol at the real lyrics.

They're sick, [developmentally delayed] and pretentious - right ?

They're full of perfection, any metal band should have lyrics like those, anyway thanks for the laugh :lol:

On topic: there isn't actually music that makes me want to kill myself no matter how bad it is, although I try to stay away from it, like the video jaerk post.