Music that makes you want to kill yourself (not emo)

ElkNight

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

k00ldud95

I see where you're coming from -- MTV and popular music is, for the most part, forgettable garbage. The majority of songs I have in my library date to pre-'88.

Having said that, there are still hundreds if not thousands of incredibly gifted modern-day musicians. You just need to look a little harder to find them...

Metallica is one band that makes me particularly despondent. Personally I find everthing they've ever written to be insipid rubbish.

How could you say that to Metallica - Master Of Puppets? :o

I'd say Brokencyde and Soulja Boy are just... >_<

Yeah, I get to be a music critic. Gonna be as fiesty as possible.

Anything that was made after I was born (1988). There are a few excpetions here and there, but i'm really not interested in hearing about how you are going to cut yourself because you're a pathetic loser that can't handle anything, or how you came from a rough neighborhood because and you had to wait 3 days for your custom built ferrari to be delivered when you were 14. MTV is just such a rotting pile of trash, it really, really sad. I can't stand it. Alright, done with that little rant.

Also, any techno or grunge, though grunge was a very small thing untill Nirvana. (yeah, I don't like nirvana. Get over it.) I really like that Young album Rust Never Sleeps, but it started something really awful.

Any R&B made after about 1975 or so. Any disco, or anything resembling disco. What a joke.

Also, most punk rock is completely overrated, but not necessarily awful.

Most indie music is badly overrated. The reason it's indie is because it didn't sell. And it didn't sell because it sucked.

Above all, Country. What a sorry bunch of garbage. Johnny Cash is kind of good, and a few others, but most of it, especially modern country, is just a bunch of idiotic drunks complaining about how their girlfriends leave when they break too many of their bones.

1) You're just another typical classic rock evangelist. You clearly know absolutely nothing about music beyond The Doors, The Beatles and AC/DC, yet you try to come off as if you're interesting. I'm quite sure that a few of the bands on MTV fall outside your frankly moronic stereotyping of modern music.

2) The fact that you know absolutely zero about music is enforced by the fact that you call all electronic music techno. Nice try.

3) Indie music sells quite well in the UK, actually. For example, Bloc Party is signed to an indie label and they seem to be doing quite fine. Again, this shows that you're trying to come off as a musical intellectual - in fact, most indie bands are indie or even self-released because they want to be, not because they don't sell. Broken Social Scene is yet another example that subverts your puerile analysis of indie music: You Forgot It In People was released on an indie label, and after Pitchfork reviewed it, it was selling out in all stores everywhere.

4) LOL I LIKE EVERYTHING EXCEPT COUNTRY AND RAP YOU GUYS!

Oh wait, you're a troll and you're certainly not 21.

I can understand why people like the Jonas Brothers, Katy Perry and all of them, but what the hell is with brokencyde? That isn't catchy at all! #-o

Yeah, I decided to listen to some samples of them again on iTunes today.

It literally made me angry.

Yeah, I get to be a music critic. Gonna be as fiesty as possible.

Anything that was made after I was born (1988). There are a few excpetions here and there, but i'm really not interested in hearing about how you are going to cut yourself because you're a pathetic loser that can't handle anything, or how you came from a rough neighborhood because and you had to wait 3 days for your custom built ferrari to be delivered when you were 14. MTV is just such a rotting pile of trash, it really, really sad. I can't stand it. Alright, done with that little rant.

Also, any techno or grunge, though grunge was a very small thing untill Nirvana. (yeah, I don't like nirvana. Get over it.) I really like that Young album Rust Never Sleeps, but it started something really awful.

Any R&B made after about 1975 or so. Any disco, or anything resembling disco. What a joke.

Also, most punk rock is completely overrated, but not necessarily awful.

Most indie music is badly overrated. The reason it's indie is because it didn't sell. And it didn't sell because it sucked.

Above all, Country. What a sorry bunch of garbage. Johnny Cash is kind of good, and a few others, but most of it, especially modern country, is just a bunch of idiotic drunks complaining about how their girlfriends leave when they break too many of their bones.

1) You're just another typical classic rock evangelist. You clearly know absolutely nothing about music beyond The Doors, The Beatles and AC/DC, yet you try to come off as if you're interesting. I'm quite sure that a few of the bands on MTV fall outside your frankly moronic stereotyping of modern music.

2) The fact that you know absolutely zero about music is enforced by the fact that you call all electronic music techno. Nice try.

3) Indie music sells quite well in the UK, actually. For example, Bloc Party is signed to an indie label and they seem to be doing quite fine. Again, this shows that you're trying to come off as a musical intellectual - in fact, most indie bands are indie or even self-released because they want to be, not because they don't sell. Broken Social Scene is yet another example that subverts your puerile analysis of indie music: You Forgot It In People was released on an indie label, and after Pitchfork reviewed it, it was selling out in all stores everywhere.

4) LOL I LIKE EVERYTHING EXCEPT COUNTRY AND RAP YOU GUYS!

Oh wait, you're a troll and you're certainly not 21.

1. When did I try to come off as anything but another typical classical rock evangelist? I've been pretty up front about that. The fact that you compare AC/DC to the Beatles and the Doors shows that you don't much about music beyond MTV, Fuse, and whatever other idiotic channels that are on air. AC/DC is much bigger now than it ever was in its prime, except maybe in the brief period after the release of Back in Black. AC/DC was from a completely different time, there is no way that you can just casually just bundle them together like that as if they were all simmilar, unless you see modern shirts and hats on everyone and assume that.

2. I though that all other types of music that I didn't mention would fit nicely under "MTV Trash". All electronic music might as well be called "crap" because that is what the vast majority of it sounds like.

3. As an American, and not a British record executive, I really couldn't tell you what is selling or not selling in the U.K. Unless we are talking about british invasion music, i don't feel much need to pay attention to it. it's good to know though I guess. I doubt it's much different than American music though, which is largely a bunch of whiny brats who are middle class to rich making up stories about their hard days in the hood where they could hardly afford to buy champagne and caviar. It scarred them for life, they have to cut themselves on a daily basis to relieve the pain.

4. I can't even comprehend any meaning out of this last bit. Do you think that Johnny Cash is a rapper (he's a 60's and 70's country singer), or to you have such short term memory problems that you can't remember that i spent my entire post hitting mainly modern Rock, and only briefly mentioned Rap. I do hate it though, you got that right.

adn to your final point, it's the old unbeatable argument, "if you don't agree with me, you're a troll. Yo0u are a stooped five yeair olde kiddie and I hat u, dieee"

You aren't the first person to come up with that one, you know. You haven't read any other post than my origional post either, you need to read through the entire argument. i grew up listening to LP's that were in my basement, I never really got into the music that was being newly released, and when I had to listen to it with friends, I hated it. You aren't going to get me to give one bit of credit to MTV, either. This argument has started and was finished yesterday, you missed the boat.

In this topic, I was invited bu the OP to post music that i didn't like. i know you live in a very small, sheltered bubble, and you can't stand it when you see people who don't agree with you, but it will happen occasionally. I probably should have posted this in a forum where the group would be more friendly to "classic rock evangelists" but it's been posted, and I cant really just have them delete a two page argument.

adn to your final point, it's the old unbeatable argument, "if you don't agree with me, you're a troll. Yo0u are a stooped five yeair olde kiddie and I hat u, dieee"
Hello im new to tipit and i saw some usernams in runescap that were vry ofensive to me and my relgion. They said 666 in them and they were very offenseve and I think that rude people who put 666 in their user name shouled hav to chang them or facie being banned 4 leife.

Its very ignorent ands stupid to try to make evry one mad on perpose and if i see u in pvp i wil 0wn you for having that usrname. It make me so mad im like "WTF n00b"

On the other hand, I respect your opinion because I don't give a rats [wagon] what you listen to, at least you're listening to something other than "MTV-music".

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Hello im new to tipit and i saw some usernams in runescap that were vry ofensive to me and my relgion. They said 666 in them and they were very offenseve and I think that rude people who put 666 in their user name shouled hav to chang them or facie being banned 4 leife.

Its very ignorent ands stupid to try to make evry one mad on perpose and if i see u in pvp i wil 0wn you for having that usrname. It make me so mad im like "WTF n00b"

On the other hand, I respect your opinion because I don't give a rats [wagon] what you listen to, at least you're listening to something other than "MTV-music".

WongTong - Proudly serving up ownage on a plate since Fri Jun 27, 2008.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

1. When did I try to come off as anything but another typical classical rock evangelist? I've been pretty up front about that. The fact that you compare AC/DC to the Beatles and the Doors shows that you don't much about music beyond MTV, Fuse, and whatever other idiotic channels that are on air. AC/DC is much bigger now than it ever was in its prime, except maybe in the brief period after the release of Back in Black. AC/DC was from a completely different time, there is no way that you can just casually just bundle them together like that as if they were all simmilar, unless you see modern shirts and hats on everyone and assume that.

2. I though that all other types of music that I didn't mention would fit nicely under "MTV Trash". All electronic music might as well be called "crap" because that is what the vast majority of it sounds like.

3. As an American, and not a British record executive, I really couldn't tell you what is selling or not selling in the U.K. Unless we are talking about british invasion music, i don't feel much need to pay attention to it. it's good to know though I guess. I doubt it's much different than American music though, which is largely a bunch of whiny brats who are middle class to rich making up stories about their hard days in the hood where they could hardly afford to buy champagne and caviar. It scarred them for life, they have to cut themselves on a daily basis to relieve the pain.

4. I can't even comprehend any meaning out of this last bit. Do you think that Johnny Cash is a rapper (he's a 60's and 70's country singer), or to you have such short term memory problems that you can't remember that i spent my entire post hitting mainly modern Rock, and only briefly mentioned Rap. I do hate it though, you got that right.

You aren't the first person to come up with that one, you know.

1. You're totally right. SilverSword only listens to MTV music.

2. So there is not a single piece of electronic music that has any musical substance in it?

3. Why do you keep using that "example"? In all honesty, I think you'd be hard pressed to actually give us any examples of bands whose lyrics show any similarity to that, except perhaps some Pop-Punk. However, SilverSword was talking about Indie, so that hardly has any relevance.

If you show us that you are a bigoted 14-year-old who--although they try their hardest to pretend they do--has no knowledge of music, you will be treated as such.

Cool.

This has no relevance to the topic at hand, but you are really good to have remembered it. I knew that would come back to haunt me one day.

You aren't the first person to come up with that one, you know.

1. You're totally right. SilverSword only listens to MTV music.

2. So there is not a single piece of electronic music that has any musical substance in it?

3. Why do you keep using that "example"? In all honesty, I think you'd be hard pressed to actually give us any examples of bands whose lyrics show any similarity to that, except perhaps some Pop-Punk. However, SilverSword was talking about Indie, so that hardly has any relevance.

If you show us that you are a bigoted 14-year-old who--although they try their hardest to pretend they do--has no knowledge of music, you will be treated as such.

1. I have no Idea what he listens to other than what he has referred to in his posts. I was making the point that you cannot roll those three bands together like that.

2. We are discussing my opinion. I don't listen to much music that was made after the 60's and 70's, when electronic music supplimented other insturments, and was rarley used on a stand alone basis.I think that most electronic music sounds bad. I do listen to music, I don't listen to your music. "Substance" can mean anyting. I just posted my opinion of modern music. I hate it, or at least i hate the vast majority of it.

3. If you can't get signed by a major label, then you call yourself "indie". It's a marketing slogan. It's an image "I'm Indie dude, I'm against the mainstream."

4. And now i'm bigoted. I hear the lyrics, ok? i listen to the radio. I hear the garbage when i get dragged to one idiot's house or another by my GF. To me, it sounds like nothing but a bunch of phony statements and marketing slogans.

If you grew up largely listening to classic rock and were suddenly forced to listen to this trash, you wouldn't like it either. I am on a site full of people who will not be friendly to my opinions here. It's very clear that not much will be accomplished other than me listening to you all tell me what an [wagon] I am. I won't say much further on this.

Since you clearly have not read the previous posts and probably never will ill sum this up by pasting something I said previously:

"so what if I don't like it? I can like whatever I choose to like and not like. I enjoy being a cynical jerk, and i'll ignore any record I want. I could just as easily say that many people are incredibly ignorant about classical rock, and that they need to come out of their "small bounds". Why are you so concerned with my musical preference?

In the words of the Animals,

"It's my life and I'll do what I want

It's my mind and I'll think what I want"

nothing further to say here. btw, bon jovi's cover of that song sucked.

1. I have no Idea what he listens to other than what he has referred to in his posts. I was making the point that you cannot roll those three bands together like that.

2. We are discussing my opinion. I don't listen to much music that was made after the 60's and 70's, when electronic music supplimented other insturments, and was rarley used on a stand alone basis.I think that most electronic music sounds bad. I do listen to music, I don't listen to your music. "Substance" can mean anyting. I just posted my opinion of modern music. I hate it, or at least i hate the vast majority of it.

3. If you can't get signed by a major label, then you call yourself "indie". It's a marketing slogan. It's an image "I'm Indie dude, I'm against the mainstream."

4. And now i'm bigoted. I hear the lyrics, ok? i listen to the radio. I hear the garbage when i get dragged to one idiot's house or another by my GF. To me, it sounds like nothing but a bunch of phony statements and marketing slogans.

If you grew up largely listening to classic rock and were suddenly forced to listen to this trash, you wouldn't like it either. I am on a site full of people who will not be friendly to my opinions here. It's very clear that not much will be accomplished other than me listening to you all tell me what an [wagon] I am. I won't say much further on this.

Since you clearly have not read the previous posts and probably never will ill sum this up by pasting something I said previously:

"so what if I don't like it? I can like whatever I choose to like and not like. I enjoy being a cynical jerk, and i'll ignore any record I want. I could just as easily say that many people are incredibly ignorant about classical rock, and that they need to come out of their "small bounds". Why are you so concerned with my musical preference?

In the words of the Animals,

"It's my life and I'll do what I want

It's my mind and I'll think what I want"

nothing further to say here. btw, bon jovi's cover of that song sucked.

1. He was simply listed three popular bands that were around prior to 1988.

2. It's quite probable that that you don't listen to my music, as Classic Rock is just about the only genre I don't listen to (with the exception of obscure sub-genres of genres I don't know as much about... and Polka). You really can't say you hate the vast majority of modern music, as you haven't listened to it. It has become quite apparent that you have only listened to what is popular at the moment. Popular music is generally as such for its catchiness more than anything else. It's not like there isn't good music that is also popular, but the music that you hear on MTV on the radio is generally on there because it's appreciated by people who enjoy music for the catchiness, not the musicianship or depth of the lyrics. Hence why you seem to think all modern music has lyrics about whiny middle-class teenagers. It seems a bit unfair to base all music post-1988 on Lady Gaga or Nickelback.

3. Though Indie music may have started as a tag for bands who were unsigned or on independent record labels, it has evolved into a genre that has little relevance to what label the band is on, e.g. Death Cab for Cutie is signed on Warner, and The Strokes are signed on Sony BMG.

4. Well, yes, you are bigoted. It's interesting to me that you have yet to attack the actual musicality of modern Rock, you've only attacked the lyrics, but that's an aside. I'm not arguing the lack of talent that is present in the music played on a lot of radio stations, I just think you're missing out on a lot of great music by cutting yourself off from anything written in the past twenty years. You can't honestly say it's reasonable to think that no good musicians/composers have written music in the past twenty years.

As for why I'm so concerned with your musical preference.. good point. I have no idea. Based on that, I'll leave you alone now.

Cool.

I grew up listening to classic rock, I probably wouldn't listen to MTV music, though what you should probably do is slowly listen to other bands that are similar to the ones you listen to, then again with the newer bands. (I think I got into Dream Theater because the internet radio I used then compared them to Jeff Beck or Joe Satriani [Who they compared to Jeff Beck])

Because limiting yourself to a certain genre gets dull after a while :lol:

I grew up listening to classical music, and for years and years I told myself I hated anything rock and pop. I was just as, if not even more, closeminded than you are back then. But the moment I heard a heavy metal song, I vowed myself to explore the music world outside of classical. Limiting yourself to pretty much one genre of music isn't good for your attitude.

Also, Intriguing, How2PK and I all have rather different tastes in music and we all seem to get along just fine. You know why? Appreciation and respect. I can't really think of a time that any of us did what you did and called a collective pool of music bad. Don't get me wrong - I have certain bands I detest - but at least I try to explore the genre a little further before I decide whether or not it sucks.

You see, the thing here is: none of us said that your music was bad. You said that stuff on MTV and anything modern was bad. You also hate rap, electronic music and country, with the exception of Johnny Cash. I think you have absolutely zero right to call anyone ignorant when it comes to music. I wouldn't mind so much if you had provided reasons outside of "this is garbage", because that shows that you've put no effort at all into trying a full album by any MTV/modern/rap/elec/country artist. You strike me as a person who will listen to one song by a band and then decide, which is very shortsighted and ignorant. Albuns generally tend to flow together and will provide you with a much stronger opinion of the artist's music than a hit single will. (Even if hit singles are designed to showcase an artist's style, they don't really work. Nothing captures an artist more than full albums they've put out).

I think that you need to take a break from posting about music for a while.

:lol:

If people take Audio seriously.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Adio is always serious.

ALWAYS

Yes.

I had never heard of Brokencyde up until I read this thread.

I downloaded their album and everything.

THEY OWN.

I dont need a siggy no moar.