Guide to The Elves in Runescape (4 Apr 2006) (AOW)

ElfEwin

I know there have been various guides to the quests and items related to the Elves in Runescape, so I have not attempted to replace them in any way as they are all fine examples of quality publication.

Here is my coverage of the Elves within Runescape, feel free to read, compliment, complain about, pick holes in, point out errors or generally give additions to.

THE ELVES OF RUNESCAPE

The Elves in Runescape are an ancient race. They ruled the land long before mankind ever evolved from Karamja. The Elves walked the land at the same time as the Gods and were there during the great God battles. They disappeared into the far Western lands many centuries ago.

The following is a documentation and guide to the Elves in Runescape as explored by Elf Ewin during his travels.

THE LANDS OF THE ELVES

elfgates2.png

The current lands of the Elves (Also known as Tirannwn) are vast, the main route in is through the Elf gates located to the North West of Ardougne. They can also be reached through the underground pass quest or by teleportation.

The forest of Isafdar fills most of the Elvish lands and is filled with traps and hidden paths. You need good agility and antipoisons. Never use the minimap to walk around or you will walk into the traps.

elfmap1.png

elflletya.png

The village of Lletya is situated to the South East of the forest, although it is hidden to those that have not completed Mournings end part 1.

THE CITY OF PRIFDDINAS

elfgates.png

This great and ancient Elven city is located to the North of the forests. It is rumoured to be vast and beautiful with crystal spires reaching into the sky.

Elves dont much like outsiders and so none-Elvish are not welcome.

The gates and walls to the city were only recently built from crystal material, they used to look like this

elfgates3.png

So the possibilty of access is likely with the release of Mourning's end part 3 or even by some other method as yet unknown. According to ancient records, Prifddinas is one of the oldest in Runescape and one of the only remaining cities to remain intact from the ancient God wars.

THE RESIDENT ELVES OF TODAY

Many Elves populate the lands, although it is possible to walk the entire length of Isafdar without meeting any.

So here they are...

elfiorwerth.png Lord Iorwerth. Leader of the Elf Military within the Elvish lands. Currently trying to get rid of all outsiders from the forests. Skilled on the arts of explosive weaponary and will give you a book about it if you ask.

elfwarrior1.png Elf Warrior. Combat levels 90 & 108. Basic soldier of the Elves, can weild bow or halberd.

Drops one of these when killed:

Dragon spear, Half shield, lvl 3 clues.

Rune Med, spear, javalins or daggers.

Addy large.

Mith kite or spears.

Dragon hide chest or legs.

Laws, Nats, fire or water runes.

Shark, Bass, gems, coins, seeds, half keys or tiny Elf crystals.

elftracker.png Elf Tracker. Able to track anything within the forest, one of Lord Iorwerth's men.

elfeluned.png Eluned. Can recharge your tiny elf crystals for a price, each time it gets cheaper. Minimum price 150gp. Apparently the most beautiful Elf in Runescape.

elfisl.png Islwyn. Partner of Eluned. Sells crystal bows (900k) and crystal shields (750k) after completing the Roving Elves Quest. Has a bit of a temper.

elfguard.png Elf Guard. Protects the gates to Prifddinas. If your not an Elf then you aint getting in.

Noteable that some rare wildlife also live here including...

elftigerswallowbutterfly.png The Tigermothswallowtail Butterfly

elfviceroybutterfly.png The Viceroy Butterfly

The following Elves live in the village of Lletya.

elfarianwyn.png Arianwyn. Elf Leader and one of the Guardians of the Temple of Light. An ancient tomb buried long ago and of great importance.

elfeudav.png Eudav. Runs the General store, buys and sells regular shop items.

elfdalldav.png Dalldav. Owns an archery store. Rune arrows sell from 520gp each.

elfgethin.png Gethin. Cook. Sells basic food, lobsters from 195gp each.

elforonwen.png Oronwen. Tailor, sells all dyes, wool, needles & thread. Can mend Mourner trousers if you give her fur and 5 silk. There is a spinning wheel here with a flock of sheep outside for quick wool.

elfbanker.png Elf Banker. How may I help you? There is a flax field outside this bank for quicker gathering.

elfmawrth.png Mawrth. Will not tell her age, is mother to...

elfiona.png Iona. Aged 38. Currently involved in the longest game of 'tag' in history. Is currently 'It' and probably has been for most of the last 34 years. Trying to chase...

elfeoin.png Eoin. Aged 34. The ruling champion of Elf Tag and the youngest Elf in Lletya.

elfkelyn.png Kelyn. Never been to the great city, but still dreams of the Crystal Spires of Prifddinas.

elfgoreu.png Goreu. Thinks the world is a beautiful place - and you can pickpocket her if you so desire.

elfarvel.png Arvel. Just wants to live in peace really.

elfysa.png Ysgawyn. Has no time for idle gossip with you so dont bother.

elfvillagewarrior.png Elf Warrior. Protects the Village weilding either Halberd at gates or Bow near well and upper levels. Level 90 & 108, drops the same as regular Elf Warriors with a much higher chance of tiny Elf Crystal drops.

ELVES OUTSIDE OF THE LANDS

If you think that you have not met an Elf yet then you may be mistaken. There are many agents working all over Runescape in a variety of disguises...

elfheadmourner.png Head Mourner. In charge of the Death Guard, operating in secrecy from beneath West Ardougne. Currently working for King Lathos to contain 'The Plague' situation. Resorts to torturing captives for information.

The only Elf with facial hair - unusual for Elves.

elfmournerhead.png Head Mourner at ground zero. In charge of the Death Guard on the ground. Does the day to day business of the Mourners.

elfmourner.png Mourner/Plague Healer/Death Guard. They come in a variety of types, from drunk to psycotic.

Combats: 13, 16, 18, 24 & 108. Drops vary depending on how and where you kill them, mostly bones, some quest items for the correct ones.

THE BLACK LIBRARY

Various documents, accounts and recolections from the history of Runescape. Gathered together here by Elf Ewin & Hardyboy_20.

baxbook.png Cadarn Lineage

The Cadarn Family is one of the oldest Elf clan names. Able to trace its blood line back to one of the eight families brought here by Serin in the second age. It was the Cadarn's responsibility to protect the other seven clans from any hostility encountered while colonising this new world. Not much is known about the first generations of Elves to walk this land. The only remaining documentation is the ancestory records.

Its not untill the third age that we find surviving transcripts and those are few and far between.

In the third age there was constant battling between the different Gods and thier followers. The need for protection in these troubled times made the Cadarn Clan one of the most powerful in the Elven domain.

After Centuries of fighting the war finally ended when the Gods realised that they would destroy the very thing they were fighting over. The Gods chose to agree on a pact of non-influence.

With no great threat left the Cadarn clan found that their skills were of little use in Tirannwn. At the start of the fourth age the Cadarn family spearheaded an expansion into the lands east of Arador. The occupation lasted for several centuries, before its final collapse near the end of the fourth age. With the death of Baxtorian Cadarn and his sons not yet of age to rule, the Elven clan returned to Tirannwn leaderless. The Cadarn clan lost much standing within the Elven Council at this time.

This led to cessation of all exploits within the Eastern lands and the eventual closure of all routes through Arandar.

baxbook.png Baxtorian, the Elf King

After defending his kingdom against the invading dark forces from the West, Baxtorian returned to find his wife Glarial had been captured by the enemy.

This destroyed Baxtorian, after years of searching he became a recluse. In the secret home he made for Glarial under the waterfall, he never came out and it is told that only Glarial could enter.

glarials.png Glarial's Tomb

Glarial, the only person who could also enter the waterfall. She was Queen when this land was inhabited by Elven kind. Kidnapped while Baxtorian was away, but they eventually recovered her body and brought her home to rest.

baxbook.png The Sonnet of Baxtorian

The love between Baxtorian and Glarial was said to have lasted over a century. They lived a peaceful life learning and teaching the law of nature. When Baxtorian's kingdom was invaded by the dark forces he left on a five year campaign. He returned to find his people slaughtered and his wife taken by the enemy.

After years of searching for his love he finally gave up and returned to the home he made for Glarial under the Baxtorian waterfall.

Once he entered he never returned. Only Glarial had the power to also enter the waterfall. Since Baxtorian entered no one but her can follow him in, its as if the powers of nature still work to protect him.

The Power of Nature.

Glarial and Baxtorian were masters of nature, Trees would grow, hills form and rivers flood on their command. Braxtorian in particular had perfected rune law. It was said he could use stones to control water, earth and air.

This is the beginning of the current magic using runes.

baxbook.png Eastern Settlement-

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅPreface:

This volume is meant as a historical document to tell future generations about the settlement of the area to the east of Arandar. It is suggested that you read ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅExploration of the eastern realmÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

lastsupper.png

Nice guide 0.0

Quite interesting... now we're officially ready for the final update in it! :)

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

Now you know why Waterfall was my favorite quest...all the literature.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Wow, very well done. If this site had a Runescape Lore section, that would be a very worthy addition.

Future Projects

Gods guide

An 'other guide' covering the various aspects involving the different dieties, ranging from armour, their history and mythologies, to weapons and quest stuff.

Just so you know. :)

~CB

Wow, very well done. If this site had a Runescape Lore section, that would be a very worthy addition.

Future Projects

Gods guide

An 'other guide' covering the various aspects involving the different dieties, ranging from armour, their history and mythologies, to weapons and quest stuff.

Just so you know. :)

~CB

I knew that. I was just ... um ... testing you :lol:

A very impressing guide! Im impressed. I have stickyfied it :D

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

Fantastic work! This really is superb!

The whole forum is 73% better off from you making this.

I cannot commend you highly enough. Well done pal :P

Don't you mean 73.5% :o ?

I must say, this is indeed a FANTASTIC guide! Very well done! Especially as it's just in time for MEP2 :)

Thanks for the nice comments and support, I hope you enjoyed this section. Chances are it will become much bigger once I can get inside Prifddinas and record more.

Im going to need several more bottles methinks...

lastsupper.png

There are 4 books you haven't recorded. Search the bookcases north of Arianwyn to find them.

- Prifddinas' History.

- Eastern Exploration.

- Eastern Settlement.

- The Great Divide.

I've taken the time to write them out in case you want to use them for your guide. Some of the books have spelling and grammatical mistakes which IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve reported and corrected in the written versions.

Also when you click on "Eastern Exploration" the books is actually called "Eastern Discovery".

baxbook.pngPrifddinas' History-

"It is told that the first Elves to come through the 'world gate' found a world full of beautiful woodlands and terrible beasts.

It was Seren who told the 8 families that if they were to survive in this hostile environment they must form a single community for mutual protection. Seren proceeded to show them all to a clearing in the forest, where she had already created 'The Tower of Voices', a place for all Elven kind to congregate and the future home of 'The Assembly of Elders'.

Over the following days Seren imparted her idea for a new city, a city where all Elves have access to hear her words, a city where all Elves can live in peace, a living city made of the very same crystal that she herself was comprised.

It was decided that the city should be set out in an octagon with eight walls and eight towers. Each of the eight clans would have its own segment of the city. Each segment would be edged on one side by a city wall with its opposing corner at the city centre where 'The Tower of Voices' is located. This would give each of the clans equal access to hear the words of Seren and equal responsibility for the cityÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s protection in the case of a siege.

Seren then provided one special seed for every clan, telling them that each seed should be taken to the centre of each clans segment of the city. Once there it should be planted where it will develop to form a tower. The eight clans did this and soon there were 9 great towers in the clearing, each tower had formed to meet the needs of the clan that planted it.

And so, the city of Prifddinas was born."

---

baxbook.pngEastern Exploration / Eastern Discovery-

"Preface:

This volume is meant as a historical document covering the period between 'The break out' and the creation of the eastern province. You will find the book is written from the third party point of view, this is can attempt to make this literature more objective.

Chapter 1:

The breakout.

In matters of history it is always best to understand some background to the subject you are studying, so we shall have a brief explanation of 'The break out'.

After centuries of isolated development after the god wards it was decided that the Elven domain needed to expand. With their backs to the sea there was only one way the go; East. After many years of hard work, a pass over the mountains was created. The creation of this pass is a long tale unto itself and we shall leave that subject for another time.

Chapter 2:

first impressions.

For the first time since Seren had departed, the Elven people could leave Tirannwen. They found a land in chaos, many of the races that had been dominant before the end of the god wards were on the edge of extinction or had simply vanished.

The Gnome city, which in years past had good trade with the elves, was now little more than a village. As for the Majharrat, who had never had good relations with the Elves, there was no trace. The only sign anyone had ever been there were the sacred battle grounds. Seeing the vacuum in power the Elves elected to move quickly but they first needed some security.

Chapter 3:

Treaty.

Knowing how volatile the east lands can be, the Assembly of elders concluded that the safest way to proceed was to draw up non-aggression pacts with: The Gnomes to the north; the Humans to the east, and the Ogres to the south.

The Gnomes, having taken great losses at the end of the god wards, were more than happy to find a race who did not wish them harm and signed up to the treaty immediately.

The Humans, being of many different tribes were a little harder to get any agreement from. After much time and organizaton however, the tribes concluded that a non-aggression pact with the Elves was in all their best interests.

Lastly the Elves approached the Ogres and their kin to the south.

Unfortunately without Bandos' guidance which had held these races together for millennia, the nation had fallen into bloody civil war. Making any form of a treaty with each side useless.

The Elven people decided that two out of the tree treaties agreed upon was good enough to start the colonisation of the new lands. And so the eastern province was born."

See Post 2 for the other two books.

asrhasrh.jpg

baxbook.pngEastern Settlement-

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅPreface:

This volume is meant as a historical document to tell future generations about the settlement of the area to the east of Arandar. It is suggested that you read ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅExploration of the eastern realmÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

asrhasrh.jpg

Wow, very nice guide!!!

Very interesting, makes me want to do roving elves & mourning ends lol

I know what I know and what I know might well not be what you want to know but then seeing as only I know what I know and you do not know what I know then you will not know if what I know is what you would like to know