F2p prayer is unreasonable

Guest mauranius

I'll say this again, we have no need for bury-x because we have already worship-x at both houses altars and the ecto-thingy.

If you keep insisting that F2P is a full game on its own and have no link to P2P whatsoever, then keep this is mind: it's a free game with limited updates, what you propose is something so very few players have a use for (the crippled account players who wants to max out F2P), the majority of F2Pers would have a better use of updates to the combat triangle than anything else.

A free game should be rant-free.

It isn't always about members! F2p can have an update that doesn't effect p2p.

Your talking like they should get 1 update a year and be happy with it.

They can have two updates that don't involve members, there is no written law that jagex have to conform to, they could have a months worth of updates just for f2p if they wanted to do so and you can't stop them.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say this again, we have no need for bury-x because we have already worship-x at both houses altars and the ecto-thingy.

If you keep insisting that F2P is a full game on its own and have no link to P2P whatsoever, then keep this is mind: it's a free game with limited updates, what you propose is something so very few players have a use for (the crippled account players who wants to max out F2P), the majority of F2Pers would have a better use of updates to the combat triangle than anything else.

They can have two updates that don't involve members, there is no written law that jagex have to conform to, they could have a months worth of updates just for f2p if they wanted to do so and you can't stop them.

wth! that update would effect members. it would help p2p a lot! but its just you guys dont realize it. maybe your doing slayer or training and you pick up bones. have full inv and just do "bury x". it will affect all, just members not as much.

wth! that update would effect members. it would help p2p a lot! but its just you guys dont realize it. maybe your doing slayer or training and you pick up bones. have full inv and just do "bury x". it will affect all, just members not as much.

I know that but I just wanted to make the point that it doesn't matter how many times f2p gets updated or if them updates effect members or not.

perfetc_666.png

what i just don't understand is that anybody would be against it. it would help everybody, maybe not the members much, but its still an update that would improve runescape for everybody.

Its called human selfishness and greed. Look for it in wikipedia or Google.

People don't want to give others their "special privileges" as a member.

Well then the fact remains that it is false selfishness. I am not asking to make it easier, I am not asking to get more xp, or to make it cheaper. I am asking for "bury x" an option that would be enjoyed both in p2p and in f2p (though f2p more), on top of that it will be beneficial to our health and makes the skill a little more enjoyable.

By denying f2p an option like this, what is their gain? You really want flaws in runescape? I would like an enjoyable game, whether you pay for it, or not. It is a minor adjusment for which the coding obviously is already there since many skills have it. It will not be beneficial for xp rates and it will not be cheaper so it will be just as hard. I will only spare my tendons and perhaps make it possible for me to chat while burying, which makes the skill less of a nuisance.

I don't see why some members wouldn't want this to be envoked on the entire game..... I just really don't get it. Do you hate us so much that you don't even grant us with the crumbles of your table?

ohhh I'm gonna have a fun time replying to all these posts!

Jagex have no interest in updating something that won't benefit their paying costumers, that would piss off too many paying costumers and make some of them leave while cathering to non paying costumer will only encourqge them to not suscribe. F2Pers choose not to pay and benefits from members features and upgrades.

I know Jagex could do that, it's their game. They could upgrade more features for F2P if they wanted, but that would be a bad business move. First rule of business : keep the costumer happy while making money. I am a costumer, F2Pers are not. They are simply enjoying a ride, not THE RIDE.

When I'm doing slayer, I don't waste time burying bones unless they gives at least 30 xp... Sorry but it would not be a ground breaking upgrade to members. All X-features are slower than clicking used to be. I wouldn't want to waste my time with an interface while slaying, I want top effiiciency.

Its called human selfishness and greed. Look for it in wikipedia or Google.

People don't want to give others their "special privileges" as a member.

Sorry Quelmotz, but this is a sad post. I don't want Jagex to spend their time on F2P because I pay to play for added benefits. You may call that greed and selfishness but I could turn it back on all you asking for F2P upgrades as whinners, cheap and undeserving of Jagex attention.

If Maur doesn't want to get carpal tunnel from trainning prayer, I strongly suggest he becomes member as trainning the skill will take less time and he will have a varied gameplay to access.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

When I'm doing slayer, I don't waste time burying bones unless they gives at least 30 xp... Sorry but it would not be a ground breaking upgrade to members. All X-features are slower than clicking used to be. I wouldn't want to waste my time with an interface while slaying, I want top effiiciency.

well fine then when your killing dragons. i dont think you'd want to miss your chance of a ton of prayer xp through b bone burying!

I will only spare my tendons and perhaps make it possible for me to chat while burying, which makes the skill less of a nuisance.

If you don't like trainning the skill, then you are not enjoying your time playing. This is a game. When you are not having fun, you are not playing, you are working.

I would only see such behavior from someone who is playing to gain a status.

don't see why some members wouldn't want this to be envoked on the entire game..... I just really don't get it. Do you hate us so much that you don't even grant us with the crumbles of your table?

What I really don't get is why someone who enjoy this game so much (top player gotta mean something right?) would not pay to access all the features members has to offer. The crumbles of our table are so cheap that I fail to see how someone could not find a way to raise the money to pay for it.

Like someone said in another post : skip 2 hamburgers or a 6-pack of beer or a pack of cigarette or one movie rental a month and you're set for members.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

well fine then when your killing dragons. i dont think you'd want to miss your chance of a ton of prayer xp through b bone burying!

I simply click on the bones while fighting them, timing my click as to not miss a whip hit. Sorry, that would definitely be a useless feature for me and top serious slayers.

langerkiller.png

Well in my opinion it shouldn't be in the first place have been this way. I know no other game that deliberately has said; well for finishing 1/15th of our full game you will have to click 2 million times. And I am not only asking this for myself!

If prayer would be more enjoyable more people would continue playing, thus increasing the percentage of people that will eventually pay for the game.

And remember that runescape started as a free game, and that they only made p2p to give people a more extended view of the game, even if this have to mean the full version is only a tiny scrap of the full extended game. It should be possible to have fun in f2p & p2p, and I don't see clicking 2 million times as enjoyable.

You might know I play guitar, and after prayer it is not possible or me to play my guitar because it hurts so freaking much. Not any game should be disadvantageous to your health, I even find it more ridiculous because it is a very small not much time taking update with such a beneficial result.

I agree that as f2p I don't need to ask much because I don't pay. But I have the full right to make suggestions to improve the game, and the only thing some angry members have against it is that it would be beneficial for f2p and not much to them, so we shouldn't get it. This my man could be called economical racism, or at least a very selfish reasoning.

You could compare it to the real world. In my country all people above 18+ have a voting right, the all have basic rights no matter what they can pay. I have the right to suggest improvements, I have the right of ranting and I even have the right to ask Jagex for updates.

It was well known in medieval times that the greatness of a country could be estimated by the treatment of the least fortunate, by that I can deduct you are not a great man.

You are a funny one Maur. If playing RS hinders your performance at guitar, you should make a choice between the 2. This is a game, something you should enjoy. Looks like you are not enjoying prayer trainning, solution : don't train it.

I too play guitar and if playing RS would cripple me, then I'd stop right away. No matter how close I'd be to a F2P "legend". My health is more important than some internet status.

Sure you can make suggestion, I can also reply that it's not a great priority to implement this for the player base as not many paying costumers would benefit from this. I'm not an angry member, I'm just saying that what you are asking should not be a priority. This is something useful only for hardcore F2P players who train prayer, those who usually never support the game by paying for upgrades.

In your country, who has the better chance to have a word with your president? A dirt poor kid or a wealthy and influencial business man? It's all about context.

So from your point of view, F2Pers are less fortunate? From my point of view, they are simply not willing to pay for members benefits.

You keep talking about your full game... where is your highscore? Tip.it's forums... pretty far from the main website. Where are posted your full game news? Ohhhh that's right, they are often included in the midst of our news, a tiny part when that happens.

langerkiller.png

to all people that are against this idea. why just give me an explanation why you are against it. all i've heard is. just become a member, or some other version of that. just explain why you wouldnt want that update.

I would simply have no use for something like that as every members would. Having to go through an interface to bury my dragon bones while slaying would be pretty inneficient and a real pain in the wrist! We already have worship-x and offer-x that offer better xp per bone, this feature would be as useless as silverlight.

I wouldn't want Jagex to devote enegy on this while neglecting some new skills, quests or minigames.

langerkiller.png

to all people that are against this idea. why just give me an explanation why you are against it. all i've heard is. just become a member, or some other version of that. just explain why you wouldnt want that update.

I would simply have no use for something like that as every members would. Having to go through an interface to bury my dragon bones while slaying would be pretty inneficient and a real pain in the wrist! We already have worship-x and offer-x that offer better xp per bone, this feature would be as useless as silverlight.

I wouldn't want Jagex to devote enegy on this while neglecting some new skills, quests or minigames.

lol neglect skills quests and minigames? you know as well as i do that it would take them less than a minute to make that update, and in that case also take it away. if you ever realized that you wont be FORCED to use the "x bury" option! its not like you can't still just click on your bones. and other than that your just saying its not useful for members. it would be useful for non members though, and jagex does care about non members ill bet you. non members are their key to getting even more money. if non members aren't satisfied with the game, they won't become members. so if you have another argument that i can destroy go say it, if not shut up.

Wow, great post Alksei! Very well written and not at all hard to decipher!

Seriously, have you ever cook before the x-feature was added? It was a pain in the wrist that I would give you, but it was also quicker. Knowing Jagex, adding a feature like this would not take a minute to implement. Look at all the bugs that are surfacing lately at about every update. Please, if you are gonna exagerate when posting, make sure you don't look like a fool anymore, there are people reading this.

The only thing Jagex should do to get more members is make their member game so entertaining that only fools would not pay to get added benefits. If they make their free game too fun, the F2Pers would be satisfied and have no incentive to get members.

The OP has played this game for several years, you could say that he probably loves playing this game, yet he hasn't upgraded to members... Does that mean he's not satified with the game? If he were to get that update, would he be satified enough to get members? You could bet on it that he would still stay F2P.

Once again Alksei, I praise your powerful debating skills. I can't wait to see you destroying my arguments with your technical grammar and your skillful use of the capital letters.

langerkiller.png

This is something useful only for hardcore F2P players who train prayer, those who usually never support the game by paying for upgrades.

In your country, who has the better chance to have a word with your president? A dirt poor kid or a wealthy and influencial business man? It's all about context.

So from your point of view, F2Pers are less fortunate? From my point of view, they are simply not willing to pay for members benefits.

You keep talking about your full game... where is your highscore? Tip.it's forums... pretty far from the main website. Where are posted your full game news? Ohhhh that's right, they are often included in the midst of our news, a tiny part when that happens.

F2p support 7% of the game, not a huge number but what is 7% of 1 million? Which jagex easily makes.

Were excatly did obama come from? I am pretty sure it was the ghetto. :?

Maybe they don't want to waste £42 a year on a game.

The last part doesnt make sense.

By the way what is the definition of trolling. :?

It's all about you isn't it.

God pull your head out your [wagon] and relise other people exsist.

Mauranius could probably become a member but he wants to 99 every f2p skill 1st, I could be wrong but it is a possibility.

JAGEX shouldn't have made the game a chore to do and they have seen that with updates like cook x so it is possible that this will be put in the game, they might have just over looked it.

This made me laugh.

"Look at all the bugs that are surfacing lately at about every update"

Does that mean we should stop updating all together?

perfetc_666.png

my reply in bold in the quote

This is something useful only for hardcore F2P players who train prayer, those who usually never support the game by paying for upgrades.

F2p support 7% of the game, not a huge number but what is 7% of 1 million? Which jagex easily makes.

So they support 7% of the game by having to play with adverts? These adverts are all they contribute, which is to say not much.

I was making a point that democraty is not about equal rights when you really look at it. Do you think some ghetto kid can have an audience with Obama because the president once lived in a ghetto? Get real kid, this is not how the world works.

If you think you are wasting 42£ a year playing this game, you are what I would classify as a dumb consummer.

Making a point about their statement of F2P being the full game. It might not be a demo (because saying that will result in a wave of denial from F2pers with supporting evidence from Jagex) but it is certainly a crippled version of the extended game.

Baiting people to engage in a debate by either claiming false statements or incendiary comments on a subject. On TIF, the fastest way to troll is to claim Jagex never intended to battle RWT but were really trying to mock their own costumers.

Nope it's about the paying costumer.

My head is definitely not in my [wagon] and I "realise" there are other people in the world. Some pay for members, while others won't pay and still want upgrades.

Mauranius could probably become a member but he wants to 99 every f2p skill 1st, I could be wrong but it is a possibility.

He could, I bet he won't though. He probably want his name on the very important list of F2P top players that is displayed on TIF (now that's trolling right there, flame on!!!).

JAGEX shouldn't have made the game a chore to do and they have seen that with updates like cook x so it is possible that this will be put in the game, they might have just over looked it.

I don't think they have overlooked it... they actually already have introcued it! Get your head out of your [wagon] and go worship some grounded bones at the ecto or even offer some bones on your house altar. This is not an overlook, this is a members benefit.

This made me laugh.

You must have some reading troubles because it was clear that this statement was made in response to Alksei saying that implementing a feature like that would take 1 minute. If you can't understand such comparison, come back here when you are done with elementary school (this is another troll attempt in case you haven't noticed)

langerkiller.png

Hmm, I see. First of all, in order to play an expansion, you have to own, and install, the original version of the game. This is a law amongst video games. If p2p were an expansion, after all, it would require you to follow suit, yet, you can simply circumvent f2p. I think of p2p as more of a sequel to f2p, much like the ".Hack" games, where the world is the same, but the general story is much different, much so that it is considered a completely different game, though part of the same universe. How people consider something plays no part in what it actually is.

Second, if training a skill on Runescape begins to become hazardous to your overall health, Jagex tells you to stop playing. A doctor would tell you to stop playing. Other people will simply tell you "you're an idiot". Suffice to say, crippling yourself for a potential lifetime, opposed to paying ~$5 US, must be an immense choice for some people.

I am not against an update to add a "bury X" option to the game, for all players. I do not maintain that members should horde their privileges, although, I do enjoy the quote: "Give nothing, but take from them everything!". I do, though, like to give people something to think about when they're posting some insufferable rant, in the wrong forum, for the wrong crowd of people. Tip.it forums do not own Runescape, nor do they influence how Runescape is updated. Thus, I will argue you with all my power, and attempt to taunt you until all your argumentative power is completely drained. This is how I function.

my reply in bold in the quote

So they support 7% of the game by having to play with adverts? These adverts are all they contribute, which is to say not much.

Again what is 7% of a million? That is atleast what f2p earns jagex cos jagex earn way more than 1 mill per year.

I was making a point that democraty is not about equal rights when you really look at it. Do you think some ghetto kid can have an audience with Obama because the president once lived in a ghetto? Get real kid, this is not how the world works.

Well if a black ghetto kid and a brainless tryant can get in the white house and run a super power I am pretty sure a kid can get an audiance with him

If you think you are wasting £42 a year playing this game, you are what I would classify as a dumb consummer.

I enjoy playing runescape but I still consider it a waste cos I am not getting anything from it, the only things I don't consider a waste are things I need to live.

Making a point about their statement of F2P being the full game. It might not be a demo (because saying that will result in a wave of denial from F2pers with supporting evidence from Jagex) but it is certainly a crippled version of the extended game.

actually any body with an IQ over that of a rock knows it is the full game and p2p is the extension

Baiting people to engage in a debate by either claiming false statements or incendiary comments on a subject. On TIF, the fastest way to troll is to claim Jagex never intended to battle RWT but were really trying to mock their own costumers.

Ahh, I always wanted to know.

Nope it's about the paying costumer.

f2p are paying though, not directly with there money but also with there time.

My head is definitely not in my [wagon] and I "realise" there are other people in the world. Some pay for members, while others won't pay and still want upgrades.

Like I mentioned before f2p is the full game and in order for it to be a full game it needs to be functional and I think any body would agree over 2 million clicks is far from functional or reasonable.

He could, I bet he won't though. He probably want his name on the very important list of F2P top players that is displayed on TIF (now that's trolling right there, flame on!!!).

Very important ....?

I don't think they have overlooked it... they actually already have introduced it! Get your head out of your [wagon] and go worship some grounded bones at the ecto or even offer some bones on your house altar. This is not an overlook, this is a members benefit.

yeah, cos I made a point that you think is wrong I have my head up my [wagon] and in order to fix that I need to bury bones :lol: Epic fail.

This made me laugh.

You must have some reading troubles because it was clear that this statement was made in response to Alksei saying that implementing a feature like that would take 1 minute. If you can't understand such comparison, come back here when you are done with elementary school (this is another troll attempt in case you haven't noticed)

And you must have spelling difficulties go check the previous quote.

It would take 1 minute therefore not distracting them from anything else and because it is so simple to implement into the game how many bugs can there be, even if there was a bug it wouldn't be that hard to find it so jagex could smooth it over in testing.

If putting in the game and testing it took more than an hour I would be very, very shocked.

Hmm, I see. First of all, in order to play an expansion, you have to own, and install, the original version of the game. This is a law amongst video games. If p2p were an expansion, after all, it would require you to follow suit, yet, you can simply circumvent f2p. I think of p2p as more of a sequel to f2p, much like the ".Hack" games, where the world is the same, but the general story is much different, much so that it is considered a completely different game, though part of the same universe. How people consider something plays no part in what it actually is.

Second, if training a skill on Runescape begins to become hazardous to your overall health, Jagex tells you to stop playing. A doctor would tell you to stop playing. Other people will simply tell you "you're an idiot". Suffice to say, crippling yourself for a potential lifetime, opposed to paying ~$5 US, must be an immense choice for some people.

I am not against an update to add a "bury X" option to the game, for all players. I do not maintain that members should horde their privileges, although, I do enjoy the quote: "Give nothing, but take from them everything!". I do, though, like to give people something to think about when they're posting some insufferable rant, in the wrong forum, for the wrong crowd of people. Tip.it forums do not own Runescape, nor do they influence how Runescape is updated. Thus, I will argue you with all my power, and attempt to taunt you until all your argumentative power is completely drained. This is how I function.

Oh ... my ... god.

:lol:

You sound like a tool.

perfetc_666.png

Oh ... my ... god.

You sound like a tool.

If that's what they say about education these days, I'm worried about the state of the world. I suppose a personal attack amidst a losing battle is all you've left in your repertoire? Point, set, and match good sir.

You know that over 90% of the p2p-ers rant about updates they have gotten? And you know every single f2p would be honored with just a little tiny scratch of what you get.

I am not saying we deserve anything, but I am hoping that with my suggestions I could make the f2p world better to benefit ALL players as well as Jagex (an improvement in f2p means more players continue playing)

My point is clear, I want a game that is reasonable doable, for me it will be already too late (an update like this probably won't get through before I max f2p).

However I find it sad in the deepest part in my hearth people disagree with me on the simple fact we do not pay, and frankly I am disappointed at tip.it because I have gotten much better result on RSOF, and TIF used to be better at all points than RSOF.....

and by the way you should know I am one of the few f2p-ers that opposes things as skill capes because things like that should remain p2p.

Though a million :thumbsup: for the people on this thread that kept the old spirit of TIF alive.

Maybe you forget but people like me have a purpose in the game, people look up to me in the f2p world and thrive to be like me. Not many will be able to resist the temptation of membership and thus in that way I contribute in an extra way for this community.

However I like to end my post with how sad I think it is that still a few p2p-ers think this way... just sad

I'll state again, that I personally have no interest in what updates Jagex implements in f2p. I can also say that I've no clue why so many snobbish members see reason to horde their precious membership privileges as if they were made of solid gold. There's really no reason to care, and to be honest, those who do care, are probably in the dreaded "young, or not-of-age" group. I don't see what massive implications the addition of a "bury x" option would create, sending ripples, no, tidal waves, through the very foundations of Runescape itself. Not that I've ever trained prayer in f2p, but I can imagine, it would lift the grievances of hundreds, or simply get people to plain keep shut about it. Of course, again, TIP forums probably wasn't the best place to add this little tidbit, but I suppose In such situations, you get to see how people really are. I love to spark some debate, and I indulge in the fervent responses I get, you may get frustrated, but, that's the fun of it! I'd now like to point you in the direction of beautiful little piece by a Robert "redpaw" Jung, which quite frankly clears up these misconceptions you seem to hold about how people conduct themselves on the "intarwebs": http://www.fenixdev.net/welcome.php

Oh ... my ... god.

You sound like a tool.

If that's what they say about education these days, I'm worried about the state of the world. I suppose a personal attack amidst a losing battle is all you've left in your repertoire? Point, set, and match good sir.

I could go over point by point why I disagree but it is so much easier to laugh at you, It sounds like your trying to use big, long, complicated words to make yourself sound smart.

By the way ... I hate tennis.

If you feel like you personally have no interest in what updates Jagex implements in f2p then why are you postong on a thread that is about improving runescape.?

perfetc_666.png