F2p prayer is unreasonable

Guest mauranius

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet that is agony, since I just noticed under your sig your 3 levels away from what I assume to be a perfetc f2p player.

It's eatng me from the inside, I am mining rune ore like 200 a day and I am not getting closer, I keep put at halfway because bbones increased so ridiculously I am just getting tired & angry.

I should be able to end the game by maxing, no by staying "whoa look me I am nearly maxed" I could make faster GP, but for that I'd have to merch or 26k trick, two things I really do not like doing since it is against the game spirit (moral objection as you please).

Shall I log on tomorrow and kill loads of mossies and give you the bones. :lol:

aww cute ;) but nah I need to make it on my own, but I still like to whine about it :P

:lol: Don't say I never offerd.

Wouldn't slaughtering mossies yourself be quicker than runite mining? You could probably kill them the same speed as me and it would break up the monotany by killing mossies between the burying.

Some people would think your last post was evil :twisted: (number of posts)

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

Does prayer being so tedious in f2p make you wish you could train it in members?

Good, then Jagex is doing their job.

I highly doubt it in his case, since he is already so close to maxing out in f2p. Regardless the point is there should be a decent alternative to prayer than it is currently in f2p. Nobody says it should rival the speed or cost of training the skill in p2p but right now the skill is simply ridiculous.

I think bury X is ftw.

Hardly anyone would complain.

Typo I think. A few thousand selfish snobby [wagon] p2p players like ^^ (look above) will complain as if the sky was falling and Jagex could stop it by lifting a finger but didn't.

Ok they might complain until there peanut sized brain realizes that they are still a million times better off, and will go about there day as normal.

Yeah. It wouldn't do much harm to Jagex because no one's going to quit over such a silly reason, but who wants people complaining, whining and flaming you?

I'd like to invalidate this entire argument by first saying that: F2p is not a full game. Similarly, p2p is not an "expansion," it is the full version of Runescape.

You pay a recurring service charge in order to open the full version of Runescape, the membership fee, in order to unlock certain services which you have agreed to pay for, which you agree to in that "User-License Agreement" that no one seems to take note of when you create your character. This agreement also states, that by choosing not to pay for the full version of Runescape, you do just this: You agree that you will not have access to features typcial of the full version of Runescape, namely new quests, skills, options, methods, etc.

The free to play version of Runescape, now, is just like a demo, as someone pointed out earlier. It is a restricted, or limited-access version of the full game (which you must pay for). You're simply given a small taste of the full game, in hopes that you will soon pay for the full version of Runescape. Jagex doesn't update f2p because they needs to, it's simply out of a whim, as you're not in any position to even receive updates. This may seem harsh, yes, but it is the truth.

I'd like to invalidate this entire argument by first saying that: F2p is not a full game. Similarly, p2p is not an "expansion," it is the full version of Runescape.

You pay a recurring service charge in order to open the full version of Runescape, the membership fee, in order to unlock certain services which you have agreed to pay for, which you agree to in that "User-License Agreement" that no one seems to take note of when you create your character. This agreement also states, that by choosing not to pay for the full version of Runescape, you do just this: You agree that you will not have access to features typcial of the full version of Runescape, namely new quests, skills, options, methods, etc.

The free to play version of Runescape, now, is just like a demo, as someone pointed out earlier. It is a restricted, or limited-access version of the full game (which you must pay for). You're simply given a small taste of the full game, in hopes that you will soon pay for the full version of Runescape. Jagex doesn't update f2p because they needs to, it's simply out of a whim, as you're not in any position to even receive updates. This may seem harsh, yes, but it is the truth.

Well in concurent reaction to your spark of insanity; Jagex has stated on many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many ocations that F2p is considered as the full free game in their opinion and p2p is the expansion which you have to buy. Jagex updates f2p (a better full game may contrapt more slaves in their p2p empirium)

If your worried about about your health why not be a member for 1 month and just do dragon bones on alter or (my fav) the ecto ... no body will ever know. :lol:

i have a feeling maur has the money to pay for p2p. but wth why would he do that? he is 3 levels away from maxing out f2p and now he's supposed to stop? and...i also think that maur has just been looking for a challenge. he thinks p2p is just...too easy. he is maxing out f2p so when he is maxed out, he'll become p2p and get more 99's in a breeze because he has so much rs expierience.

now to the real subject about this thread. i totally agree with you maur. they have "x" options on everything now adays (which i dont understand why they dont puy "all" options on everything. it would be way easier) except for prayer and maybe 1 or two other things. i don't really think its unfair that p2p gets "x offer" options but what i think is just weird is that they don't have an "x bury" option. its just tedious clicking over and over again. its not really f2p that has the problem (it's just that p2p has a different way of "burying" their bones, if they didn't have their altars and their ecto place they'd have the same problem as you maur), its just that jagex has been too stupid to realise some f2pers actually train prayer. and while talking about an "x bury" option, i'd also like a "burn all" option for firemaking. that would also be very handy.

i have a feeling maur has the money to pay for p2p. but wth why would he do that? he is 3 levels away from maxing out f2p and now he's supposed to stop? and...i also think that maur has just been looking for a challenge. he thinks p2p is just...too easy. he is maxing out f2p so when he is maxed out, he'll become p2p and get more 99's in a breeze because he has so much rs expierience.

I have been told. ::'

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

Ignorance is in the eye of the beholder, and on the same note, arrogance is often confused with cynicism, or skepticism. I don't simply spew random garbage If there's not but a shred of truth to it all, it's simply not good principle.

While p2p may seem like an expansion, due to the fact that it adds onto the f2p game play, rather than the other way around, this is universally incorrect:

1.) An expansion, by definition, is adding onto a previously existent platform, or game. The difference with Runescape being, you never have to play f2p to actually begin playing members, as in an expansion, where one would have to "own" the original game in order to play the expansion content. P2p is readily available to begin play from day 1, as such, it is it's own game. F2p, on the other hand, while you may begin playing from the very start, has everything that p2p potentially has, just most content is heavily restricted, or inaccessible. This is characteristic of a game demo, not of a fully functional game version.

2.) In addition to the above statements, content updates are a general attribute in terms of full game versions. As with almost all major games, even those with expansions, the largest number of updates are typically primary to the original game version, with sparse, incremental updates that come to the expansions, typically when bugs, or game mechanics are in need of fixing. This is simply based on deduction, and is generally true.

Again, using some deductive reasoning, I draw the above conclusions simply from the fact that p2p does not rely heavily on the game mechanics present in f2p. Rather that p2p is a very independent game, per se, in regards to f2p, which is very characteristic of a full version game, contrary to an expansion.

Furthermore, in a legal sense, neither arrogance nor ignorance play a part in any form of contracting. What you agree to, is generally what you get, this is the essence of a binding contract. I never said the conditions of the contract cannot be appealed, nor did I say Jagex isn't allowed to throw a couple freebe's out of kindness. I simply meant, ranting about it will literally get you nowhere but square one.

You are one of the F2P players I can actually have some respect for. However, we have the same problem in members. We save for items, and they go up. We stock up items to sell, and they crash. As for the offer x, that would have people clamoring for burn-x and catch-x number of fish. I am sorry, but I can't support any idea of offer-x. As for the prices, we have the same problem with dragon bones now.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Ignorance is in the eye of the beholder, and on the same note, arrogance is often confused with cynicism, or skepticism. I don't simply spew random garbage If there's not but a shred of truth to it all, it's simply not good principle.

While p2p may seem like an expansion, due to the fact that it adds onto the f2p game play, rather than the other way around, this is universally incorrect:

1.) An expansion, by definition, is adding onto a previously existent platform, or game. The difference with Runescape being, you never have to play f2p to actually begin playing members, as in an expansion, where one would have to "own" the original game in order to play the expansion content. P2p is readily available to begin play from day 1, as such, it is it's own game. F2p, on the other hand, while you may begin playing from the very start, has everything that p2p potentially has, just most content is heavily restricted, or inaccessible. This is characteristic of a game demo, not of a fully functional game version.

As you said, an expansion is an addition to the game, much of F2p is RS classic after which the expansion RS2 was made by which certain skills would be only available for paying members --> the extended version of the game. Also your argument is false since I can buy a game with an expansion never having to play the full game, just directly every aspect. However it still stays the expanded version. Also JAGEX itself has stated they consider F2p as the full game, it doesn't matter how you feel about it

2.) In addition to the above statements, content updates are a general attribute in terms of full game versions. As with almost all major games, even those with expansions, the largest number of updates are typically primary to the original game version, with sparse, incremental updates that come to the expansions, typically when bugs, or game mechanics are in need of fixing. This is simply based on deduction, and is generally true.

Again faulty, because most updates are there to expand the game --> more expansions. And F2p get's updates but it is general a well thought through game

Again, using some deductive reasoning, I draw the above conclusions simply from the fact that p2p does not rely heavily on the game mechanics present in f2p. Rather that p2p is a very independent game, per se, in regards to f2p, which is very characteristic of a full version game, contrary to an expansion.

I can say this: All game mechanics are EXACTLY like f2p mechanisms for the exception of the expanded features. Why otherwise is a skill like smithing over 90% the same? The same concept is the base for both the full game as the expansion.

Furthermore, in a legal sense, neither arrogance nor ignorance play a part in any form of contracting. What you agree to, is generally what you get, this is the essence of a binding contract. I never said the conditions of the contract cannot be appealed, nor did I say Jagex isn't allowed to throw a couple freebe's out of kindness. I simply meant, ranting about it will literally get you nowhere but square one.

Since it's a full game it is meant also to possible finish it, so they should improve certain features

I'll say this again, we have no need for bury-x because we have already worship-x at both houses altars and the ecto-thingy.

If you keep insisting that F2P is a full game on its own and have no link to P2P whatsoever, then keep this is mind: it's a free game with limited updates, what you propose is something so very few players have a use for (the crippled account players who wants to max out F2P), the majority of F2Pers would have a better use of updates to the combat triangle than anything else.

A free game should be rant-free.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

You can say what ever you like about p2p being the full game and f2p being a demo but your wrong, simple as.

If you want to carry it on further contact JAGEX or make a thread about it.

It's mostly a matter of opinion, sure F2P is a full game, but in comparison to P2P it's a pretty small-sized game. I'd say it's an incomplete version of a full game.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I'll say this again, we have no need for bury-x because we have already worship-x at both houses altars and the ecto-thingy.

So just because I can build a small house I don't need to build a bungalow/mansion?

Just because there's an alternative to something doesn't mean you don't need to improve on that "something".

You are one of the F2P players I can actually have some respect for. However, we have the same problem in members. We save for items, and they go up. We stock up items to sell, and they crash. As for the offer x, that would have people clamoring for burn-x and catch-x number of fish. I am sorry, but I can't support any idea of offer-x. As for the prices, we have the same problem with dragon bones now.

"x options" can only be used for items you already have its not like ok. i now want to cut 28 yews or catch 28 fish. the "x burn" option could be possible since you already have the items.