Poll: Slayer Update

Cowman_133

This week's poll asks:

What change would you like to see to the Slayer skill?

•  
    [*:3gh2hvn9] New monsters

[*:3gh2hvn9] New weapons/armour

[*:3gh2hvn9] New areas

[*:3gh2hvn9] Higher leveled Slayer monsters

[*:3gh2hvn9] Other

Thanks to Forum User simkidone for this week's poll suggestion.

>>> Vote Now! <> View the Results <<<

Still see the old poll? Press [CTRL+F5] or [Apple+R] to force a full reload of the page.

Remember, you can also submit your ideas for future polls here. (Totally desperate ;) )

~The Cow

1.png
generic_signature.png

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a tough decision for me. I've got relatively high Slayer (92) so naturally I'd like a higher level monster for me, but most likely that would also include a new piece of equipment dropped by the monster. I voted for a higher level monster.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Ugh... more weapons and armour? Slayer staff and broad bolts are ok.... but jeez i bet you guys never slay.

The skill really needs some new higher level monsters... It must be such an arduous task once you get above 85 really.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

More weapons and armour... Bandos and whips get pretty boring.

you do know that slayer armour wont be that good in non slayer stuff, because they would be made depending on monsters

P.S. i love my bandos

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

voted for higher level monsters, but really that's a very multi choice poll because i'd go for all of them. I think 90+ monsters should be a priority though

yea they are playing with us by giving all these options and making us choose one, rather then choosing all of them

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

I would change my vote to new weapons and armor. Slayer needs more incentives. Smoking Kills was a start, but not nearly a finish. Slayer needs to be profitable and rewarding. Right now, there's little reason to raise it to a high level, other than bragging rights/total levels/skill cape.

I would change my vote to new weapons and armor. Slayer needs more incentives. Smoking Kills was a start, but not nearly a finish. Slayer needs to be profitable and rewarding. Right now, there's little reason to raise it to a high level, other than bragging rights/total levels/skill cape.

Slayer is quite profitable.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

seconded, even before 83/85 you can make loads

Really?

What's the max you can make? 500k an hour with Spiritual Mages? You spend all your time getting to 83 slayer, and you could've killed Green Dragons and made that much money/hour. Abyssal demons are even worse, from what I hear, and no other monster comes close. Plus, by the time you're 83 slayer, you have the combat stats to make over 1m per hour boss hunting.

So sure it's profitable, but not for what it's worth. If you're looking for profit, slayer might be good, but if you're seriously looking for cash, slayer isn't the way to go.

EDIT: What monster before 83 makes a lot of money? Ab specs? Warped Terrorbirds? Cave Slimes? All of them are beat by other combat methods of making money.

Not really the best designed poll...

Slayer needs more high-leveled monsters than anything, not even more low-leveled monsters (there are barely any places to fit them level wise compared to the higher levels). The new monsters need new drops to make them profitable to high-leveled slayers, preferably drops that are untradable or can only be gained on task. These monsters need to be in a new area because there's simply no more room for them, and anyway, a new dungeon or cave could hold other, crowded monsters.

2496 Completionist

[hide=]

Really?

What's the max you can make? 500k an hour with Spiritual Mages? You spend all your time getting to 83 slayer, and you could've killed Green Dragons and made that much money/hour. Abyssal demons are even worse, from what I hear, and no other monster comes close. Plus, by the time you're 83 slayer, you have the combat stats to make over 1m per hour boss hunting.

So sure it's profitable, but not for what it's worth. If you're looking for profit, slayer might be good, but if you're seriously looking for cash, slayer isn't the way to go.

EDIT: What monster before 83 makes a lot of money? Ab specs? Warped Terrorbirds? Cave Slimes? All of them are beat by other combat methods of making money.

[/hide]

i don't agree with your attitude about slayer. 83 can make you more money than green dragons. plus, it takes time to look for a decent spot to hunt them, you have to make constant trips between banks AND avoid renevants. abyssal demons are the same as spiritual mages except you don't need prayer pots or items to avoid being attacked by other followers. you can make potentially more money through other drops like rune chains and pure ess. monster hunting is only good when you have a functional clan but its too much hassle to look for a decent group, an empty world, and the supplies you need each trip. the high risk of death is also a problem which is why i don't make money via monster hunting.

[hide=]

Really?

[/hide]

i don't agree with your attitude about slayer. 83 can make you more money than green dragons. plus, it takes time to look for a decent spot to hunt them, you have constant trips between banks AND avoid renevants. abyssal demons are the same as spiritual mages except you can make potentially more money through other drops like rune chains and pure ess. monster hunting is only good when you have a functional clan but its too much hassle to look for a decent group, an empty world, and the supplies you need each trip. the high risk of death is also a problem which is why i don't make money via monster hunting.

My view on slayer is that it's a good skill. I do slayer all the time, and it's the main way I train. However, it's not as rewarding as it should be. All of the benefits are outdated. Slayer needs updates to its rewards. The last real update to slayer was 2 years ago with Spiritual Mages. It's due time for another.

You can solo monster hunt just fine, and you can get way more than 500k per hour doing so (averaged out). You can make more than 1m per hour monster hunting solo.

And all you're saying are potentials. You can POTENTIALLY make more at Abby demons. You can POTENTIALLY die. You can POTENTIALLY have to world hop. But when you look at the averages, it makes a very small dent (esp. since at Tdz, you can always get your items back, all of them).

Give me a raw number, like an AVERAGE of the profit per hour of Abby demons or the best tasks. You'll find they aren't so great.

slayer is probably one of the most profitable moneymakers in the game. what do you call all the drops you get on slayer tasks, and reward points. you might want to rethink your slayer needs to be profitable comment

Dragon Drops: 5 medium helmet, 3 left shield half

Obby: Maul 1, Cape 1, Shield 1

i would like to have some rewards in the middle lvls, not only when you hit 83, i know there are still some rewards like snape seed and leaf blade and spear, hafl keys but those are common among other monster

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

[hide=]

Really?

i don't agree with your attitude about slayer. 83 can make you more money than green dragons. plus, it takes time to look for a decent spot to hunt them, you have constant trips between banks AND avoid renevants. abyssal demons are the same as spiritual mages except you can make potentially more money through other drops like rune chains and pure ess. monster hunting is only good when you have a functional clan but its too much hassle to look for a decent group, an empty world, and the supplies you need each trip. the high risk of death is also a problem which is why i don't make money via monster hunting.

My view on slayer is that it's a good skill. I do slayer all the time, and it's the main way I train. However, it's not as rewarding as it should be. All of the benefits are outdated. Slayer needs updates to its rewards. The last real update to slayer was 2 years ago with Spiritual Mages. It's due time for another.

You can solo monster hunt just fine, and you can get way more than 500k per hour doing so (averaged out). You can make more than 1m per hour monster hunting solo.

And all you're saying are potentials. You can POTENTIALLY make more at Abby demons. You can POTENTIALLY die. You can POTENTIALLY have to world hop. But when you look at the averages, it makes a very small dent (esp. since at Tdz, you can always get your items back, all of them).

Give me a raw number, like an AVERAGE of the profit per hour of Abby demons or the best tasks. You'll find they aren't so great.

[/hide]

abyssal demons aren't the best methods into making money but what i'm saying is that its good money making without any effort. you're doing almost the same thing as wcing, or fishing. you can browse other sites, use the cc more often and you don't have to focus on anything that needs your attention other than your health. the only problem i have with abyssal demons is that you may have to hop a several times to find a decent world (sorry for not pointing that out). after that, you're set.

i average around 1 whip a day and many other items which accounts for 3m? which isn't so bad. i can tell you this though, i make a lot less if i monster hunt. i used to be a hardcore GWD mh'er and i made around less than 800k because of the time wasted, the supplies spent etc. and my team wasn't so happy about it either.

slayer is probably one of the most profitable moneymakers in the game. what do you call all the drops you get on slayer tasks, and reward points. you might want to rethink your slayer needs to be profitable comment

And do you have proof? The best (by highest average profit) slayer moneymaker are Spiritual Mages. And they don't make very much at all. I can easily list 10 methods that can make more money/hour.

1. Aviansies

2. Green Dragons

3. Sara GWD

4. DKS

5. TDz

6. 26k

7. Double nats

8. Double astrals

9. Making certain summoning scrolls (eg, Healing Aura, which makes 1m/hour as someone calculated before)

10. Rune mining

11. Flesh Crawlers (there's an extra bonus one in case you think one of the above "doesn't count" for whatever reason)

I can add even more to the list if you want to take into account the worth of xp gained.

Still think it's one of the best moneymakers?

Ok, it's a decent moneymaker. It's respectable. But it's nowhere near good. And it's nowhere near good enough for the effort required to get 83 slayer.

abyssal demons aren't the best methods into making money but what i'm saying is that its good money making without any effort. you're doing almost the same thing as wcing, or fishing. you can browse other sites, use the cc more often and you don't have to focus on anything that needs your attention other than your health. the only problem i have with abyssal demons is that you may have to hop a several times to find a decent world (sorry for not pointing that out). after that, you're set.

i average around 1 whip a day and many other items which accounts for 3m? which isn't so bad. i can tell you this though, i make a lot less if i monster hunt. i used to be a hardcore GWD mh'er and i made around less than 800k because of the time wasted, the supplies spent etc. and my team wasn't so happy about it either.

You can't browse other sites while slaying, or at least not effective enough. Sure you can talk and such. But you want "easy" moneymakers? Here's a list. All of them are easier or the same difficulty as abby demons.

1. Rune mining (only 15-30 seconds of attention are needed every 1-2 minutes, if done right, which isn't very hard)

2. Aviansies

3. Green Dragons

4. 26k (or at least the EP part of it)

5. Flesh Crawlers

6. Double Astrals (debatable, but fact remains that there's plenty of time to talk with other players.)

7. Merchant armor/cannon sets

8. Farming herbs

9. MTK

10. Star mining

Your second paragraph is a little vague.

"i average around 1 whip a day and many other items which accounts for 3m? which isn't so bad"

Saying "a day" tells me nothing. I can gain 3m strength xp per day. Is that 125k xp per hour over 24 hours? Or is it 187k xp per hour over 16 hours? Or is that 1.5m xp per hour for 2 hours? It means nothing. If you told me the exact number of hours/minutes you spend killing Abyssals, including banking and other diversions such as world hopping, then we'd be getting somewhere. If you killed Abyssals for 6 hours, you'd get 500k per hour, which is decent, but not good.

With the GWD comment, I can't say much since I was never a GWD'er. However, from sources that I read, Sara GWD is 1m per hour trio'd. TDz (solo!) yields ~15 kills per hour. The claw drop rate is 1/200. In 14 hours you'll have d claws, worth 33m. That means you made 2.3m per hour. That doesn't include getting armor lumps. And the costs? Not enough to make a sizeable dent in that 2.3m, and plus you'd have to consider the normal drops and lumps covering a portion of the costs. Sure it isn't "easy money", but I gave you 10 other ways to make "easy money" and get just as much, if not more, money than Slayer.