Poll: Slayer Update

Cowman_133

First off im not talking camping slayer monsters, im talking doing slayer tasks in general.

Cool, that's the way to do it.

Unfortunately, that's even worse. Camping slayer monsters is the fastest way to make money off slayer. If you just do tasks normally, you'll make even less. If you want to count profits from just doing regular slayer, I could easily double my list. I trust I don't have to do that, though, since you get my point by now.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a cheaper slayer dart that hits higher.

I want them to do for Magic what they did for Range with Broad bolts.

Range, and Melee both got HUGE bonuses after the Smoking Kills quest, but Magic got NOTHING :wall:

Prism_Swords.png

Higher levelled updates, so the higher levelled people shut up and so I have more things to work towards, and that's always a good thing to get you more interested in skills. :thumbup:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Slayer is perfect the way it is. Better magic might be better, but magic slaying isn't really the way to go as most creatures are easier to kill with melee/range. There are few that can be used magic on. And the slayer dart is really only used at barrows and DKS. And there are better magic methods for hose areas as well.

But magic needs a general updatea s well, not just one for slayer. And yes i agree a higher level slayer monster would be nice. Maybe 95, seeing as im 92 it will give me something to look forward to.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

I think I may be on of the few that actually voted for a new area. While I agree that Slayer could sue a bit of everything on the list, if a new area was added, wouldn't that mean more monsters, possibly even some new ones?

I really don't think we need a lot more equipment/armour, instead just new slayer areas and monsters would make the skill more enjoyable with more options.

I voted new armor/weapons. But it's only been recently that these items have saturated the market enough to become average. I don't think it's time for new items such as these.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I don't really understand why anyone thinks that Slayer is in such need of updates...for the love of god could we get something new/fun/creative for mining and smithing? It would be one thing if the only place you could get Rune armor was from smithing...but christ you can walk up to a store and buy as many rune platebodies as you want to. We need an overhaul of the armor/weapons system here in this game....bump everything down a notch IMO. Make rune mining like level 70, all rune smithable at 80-85, and then at 85 mining and smithing, introduce a new, more powerful metal AND DONT MAKE EVERY MONSTER IN THE GAME DROP THE STUFF ffs. Defeats the purpose of having skills AND monster drops.

Monster drops ruin the potential of so many skills in this game, its ridiculous. Imagine if all of a sudden, level 80 crafters could make an Abyssal Whip from leather. Wouldn't that ruin the Slayer skill? Well basically the reverse happened to smithing. Rune smithing used to be amazing because there was a lot of stuff you could only get from player smiths. Now every monster level 70 or higher seems to drop some kind of rune armor.

Some other skills could use love...Make a super rare kind of wood, similar to rune ore. New bows, revitalize fletching...hell make new crossbows too and make it so that you can only get the limbs from players who smithed them. A lot of skills need work in this game and I am sick of it going to Slayer, one of the newest skills... <.<

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I chose more monsters. I love the slayer skill just because of the cool monsters in it! The fact that you have to use specific weapons on specific monsters is good too. :D Also, new areas would be nice. There are more than enough skills available to make good money with. I don't think Slayer needs that.

There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity. Take care where you cross over. ~ S. Brewer

Weapons/Equipment.

Slayer is too focused on melee (black mask and salve are examples) and should be given more equipment choices.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

other

id prefer a new slayer master

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I think this poll is faulty in the sense that new slayer monsters is so similar to higher leveled slayer monsters, and likewise, either of those two options will almost always result in the option of "new weapons/armor."

I want another option.

Higher leveled slayer monsters that drop new armor/weapons.

lol. Just could be me, but I wasn't satisfied with the options I was given.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

I would change my vote to new weapons and armor. Slayer needs more incentives. Smoking Kills was a start, but not nearly a finish. Slayer needs to be profitable and rewarding. Right now, there's little reason to raise it to a high level, other than bragging rights/total levels/skill cape.

slayer is probably one of the most profitable moneymakers in the game. what do you call all the drops you get on slayer tasks, and reward points. you might want to rethink your slayer needs to be profitable comment

And do you have proof? The best (by highest average profit) slayer moneymaker are Spiritual Mages. And they don't make very much at all. I can easily list 10 methods that can make more money/hour.

1. Aviansies

2. Green Dragons

3. Sara GWD

4. DKS

5. TDz

6. 26k

7. Double nats

8. Double astrals

9. Making certain summoning scrolls (eg, Healing Aura, which makes 1m/hour as someone calculated before)

10. Rune mining

11. Flesh Crawlers (there's an extra bonus one in case you think one of the above "doesn't count" for whatever reason)

I can add even more to the list if you want to take into account the worth of xp gained.

Still think it's one of the best moneymakers?

Ok, it's a decent moneymaker. It's respectable. But it's nowhere near good. And it's nowhere near good enough for the effort required to get 83 slayer.

abyssal demons aren't the best methods into making money but what i'm saying is that its good money making without any effort. you're doing almost the same thing as wcing, or fishing. you can browse other sites, use the cc more often and you don't have to focus on anything that needs your attention other than your health. the only problem i have with abyssal demons is that you may have to hop a several times to find a decent world (sorry for not pointing that out). after that, you're set.

i average around 1 whip a day and many other items which accounts for 3m? which isn't so bad. i can tell you this though, i make a lot less if i monster hunt. i used to be a hardcore GWD mh'er and i made around less than 800k because of the time wasted, the supplies spent etc. and my team wasn't so happy about it either.

You can't browse other sites while slaying, or at least not effective enough. Sure you can talk and such. But you want "easy" moneymakers? Here's a list. All of them are easier or the same difficulty as abby demons.

1. Rune mining (only 15-30 seconds of attention are needed every 1-2 minutes, if done right, which isn't very hard)

2. Aviansies

3. Green Dragons

4. 26k (or at least the EP part of it)

5. Flesh Crawlers

6. Double Astrals (debatable, but fact remains that there's plenty of time to talk with other players.)

7. Merchant armor/cannon sets

8. Farming herbs

9. MTK

10. Star mining

Your second paragraph is a little vague.

"i average around 1 whip a day and many other items which accounts for 3m? which isn't so bad"

Saying "a day" tells me nothing. I can gain 3m strength xp per day. Is that 125k xp per hour over 24 hours? Or is it 187k xp per hour over 16 hours? Or is that 1.5m xp per hour for 2 hours? It means nothing. If you told me the exact number of hours/minutes you spend killing Abyssals, including banking and other diversions such as world hopping, then we'd be getting somewhere. If you killed Abyssals for 6 hours, you'd get 500k per hour, which is decent, but not good.

With the GWD comment, I can't say much since I was never a GWD'er. However, from sources that I read, Sara GWD is 1m per hour trio'd. TDz (solo!) yields ~15 kills per hour. The claw drop rate is 1/200. In 14 hours you'll have d claws, worth 33m. That means you made 2.3m per hour. That doesn't include getting armor lumps. And the costs? Not enough to make a sizeable dent in that 2.3m, and plus you'd have to consider the normal drops and lumps covering a portion of the costs. Sure it isn't "easy money", but I gave you 10 other ways to make "easy money" and get just as much, if not more, money than Slayer.

I dunno, zaaps. I made over 250M from 1-99 Slayer doing all tasks + camping for a little bit at slayer only monsters like abyssal demons and dark beasts when bows were 3.7m each. (I got like 13 of them at that time.)

Either way, slayer has accounted for at least half, if not more of all the total cash I've made in game. Yes, it took a while but it's also a very respected cape and 99 and I think that + the cash and charms (for 99 summoning) made along the way was worth more than monster hunting,

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

But how long did 99 slayer take you? And does that include the cost of equipment/cannonballs/potions/barrows/food?

I'm not saying Slayer isn't a good skill, or that it's not impressive. I'm also not saying that it isn't profitable. What I am saying is that it's not profitable enough for the effort required. If you sent those hundreds of hours you poured into slayer on something else, you could've had a lot more money in the end, just without the 99 slayer stat.

But how long did 99 slayer take you? And does that include the cost of equipment/cannonballs/potions/barrows/food?

I'm not saying Slayer isn't a good skill, or that it's not impressive. I'm also not saying that it isn't profitable. What I am saying is that it's not profitable enough for the effort required. If you sent those hundreds of hours you poured into slayer on something else, you could've had a lot more money in the end, just without the 99 slayer stat.

Well, heres some food for thought. What if you look at the fact that while you train slayer, you are getting normal exp in whatever combat style you want to use. Does that affect how much of a "reward" you should get from slayer? Because hypothetically, your MAIN goal could be to get maxed melee combats by just doing slayer tasks. So then what you are really focusing on is training melee, but then you get tons of "Free" slayer experience, without focusing to specifically train Slayer.

Don't get me wrong, I also think slayer needs some better rewards. After all, 83 slayer is currently better than 85...and 85 is way better than 90. And 90 isn't even halfway to 99 and 99 slayer has virtually no benefit...But, a lot of skills are like this, and I think that Slayer is pretty glamourized right now, so we could be asking for updates to some virtually worthless skills like smithing, fletching, or firemaking.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Well, heres some food for thought. What if you look at the fact that while you train slayer, you are getting normal exp in whatever combat style you want to use. Does that affect how much of a "reward" you should get from slayer? Because hypothetically, your MAIN goal could be to get maxed melee combats by just doing slayer tasks. So then what you are really focusing on is training melee, but then you get tons of "Free" slayer experience, without focusing to specifically train Slayer.

Very true. However, consider this:

After a certain point, slayer xp is useless. That is different for different people. For most, it's after broad bolts/slayer dart at 55. There's little point in gaining anything after that, unless you simply want slayer levels. So unless you're going for 99/maxing, there is little point in training slayer after your break-off point.

In addition, slayer is much, much slower xp than simply camping at the ideal monster. Dhing skeleton monkeys is 140k+ xp per hour. Slayer is half of that, at best. Armored Zombies are also over twice as much xp than slayer, and it includes that precious "profit" that slayer "offers".

So if you really wanna look at the rewards v. time, slayer is pointless. Your greatest reward in slayer (at the present time), is the ability to use broad bolts and slayer dart. (Correct if you think I'm wrong, but I'm certain that every "reward" past level 55 has a better alternative that requires lower/no slayer.) After that, slayer xp is pointless, so you are essentially more than halving your xp for added no benefit. Of course, this argument is negated if you're aiming for the slayer skill cape.

What are the "benefits" of slayer? According to Jagex, it's money and xp.

Money: I've proven this, there are tons of better options that slayer.

Xp: Slayer gives you much slower melee xp, not to mention ranged and magic. What about total levels? In all the time you saved, you could get many more total levels in skills such as fletching or cooking. So what good is slayer xp? It's good for level 55 and level 99, otherwise, it's pointless as well.

Don't get me wrong, I also think slayer needs some better rewards. After all, 83 slayer is currently better than 85...and 85 is way better than 90. And 90 isn't even halfway to 99 and 99 slayer has virtually no benefit...But, a lot of skills are like this, and I think that Slayer is pretty glamourized right now, so we could be asking for updates to some virtually worthless skills like smithing, fletching, or firemaking.

It needs better rewards, but that could mean anything. Slayer needs better rewards for the huge amount of time and effort it requires. We don't need to give slayer an update like Spiritual Mages. The boots were way too cheap and they came way too often. We need something like boss monsters for slayer. Then there may be some point.

I'd like to reassert that I also love slayer. My slayer level is fairly high and it's how I train my combat stats. I train slayer because I enjoy it. However, it is far too lacking in its rewards. If you name me one benefit of slayer, I bet you I could name you a non-slayer alternative that can do far better. Slayer is a great skill with great potential. But it needs better rewards.

New monsterssss

I've been in a cycle of nechs, daggs, and metal/black dragons.

:|

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]