Magic Armour and Invy for Iron Dragons

Clay_More12

The Spell I will use will be Fire Bolt, because I have Chaos Gauntlets \'

Could you also tell me the best Magic armour at 59 Magic and the inventory, excluding Summoning.

a70kf.png

Divine Forces | #DF on irc.seersirc.net | Most Motivated |

http://rs-df.com/forums

head: farseer helm > mystic hat

neck: 3rd age amulet (realistically amulet of glory/amulet of fury)

cape: fire cape > god cloak

weapon: staff of fire/fire battlestaff/mystic fire staff/lava battlestaff/mystic lava staff/steam battlestaff/mystic steam staff

torso: mystic robe top

shield: anti-dragon shield (do NOT use a dragonfire shield) (required)

gloves: chaos gauntlets (required)

legs: mystic robe bottom

boots: wizard boots > mystic boots

ring: seers ring (i) > onyx ring (i) > dragon ring (i) > seers ring/diamond ring (i) (go down the list), ring of wealth if you wish, ring of life has a 100% chance of working as long as you are not within melee range. The dragonfire hits a max of 5, so if your antifire runs out and you lag out, you are safe.

> denotes that item1 is better than item2

/ denotes that item1 is equivalent to item2

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin

you shall be at a distance at all times so antidragon sheild and antifire pots, nothing else matters, don't forget hatchet to get in and whatever gp it is, 375?

875gp, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks :thumbsup: Is there a staff that gives unlimited Chaos runes?

There is not. [unless I'm mistaken again... which is unlikely]

sadly not no, and i'm sure wasnt near 1k :/ probs wrong though

"This is where your remaining 875 gp comes in. Paying Saniboch allows you to enter the Brimhaven Dungeon."

Source.

...I have a weird habit of being right. ;)

Shall I bring Magic potions at 59 Magic?

That would most likely be wise. You might as well get the most bang for you buck per cast.

Inventroy should look like...?

I've NEVER maged dragons before, but I can take a random guess at what you should need:

- Runes. Obviously.

- Anti-fire pots. As many as you want, depending on how long you'll want to stay there.

- A few pieces of high leveled food, in the event that you take an accidental hit or two.

- Money for the boat ride [or whatever transportation you use to get there].

- A hatchet to get through the blockages in the dungeon.

- A one-click teleport out in the event of emergency.

- Mage potions or whatever else you would prefer to have.

I'm definitely not sure on this one, as I've never done it. I think I got everything, though.

I wouldn't bring mage pots. At 59 mage they will drain too quickly, and at any rate Mage Pots have no real use other than to let you cast spells higher than what you usually could.

As for mage armor, mystic is a cheap effective armor.

Your staff should be which ever elemental spell you are using. If you are using a fire spell, bring a fire staff. Water spell, water staff, etc. That way you won't need to bring the required elemental runes.

Stellactic.gif

don't mean to hijack your thread but does anyone know if void mage works well there?

Void mage never works well

+1, though it looks nice ::' (Actually I believe Slayanticc's guide on maging aviantese says void mage can be somewhat useful, but here it's not worth it at all).

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Void mage increases your "magic attack" (which presumably means your final attack value, taking into account magic level, magic attack bonus, and spell used) by 30%, but without a hat, robe top and bottom, and gloves, the bonus is too little. This is because while melee and to a lesser extent range get a large attack value from their weapon, magic relies on their robe's to add accuracy; with the slots taken by void the maximum visual magic attack bonus is 83. Void mage's preformance is also hindered by the fact that the max hit of magic is dependant entirely on the spell used, while void melee and range enjoy a 10% damage modifier along with a 10% attack bonus.

quit

You shouldn't attempt this until you are 70 mage and can wear Ahrim's. The extra magic attack bonus is crucial to hitting them consistently.

That's one. Even at 70 you won't be hitting often.

Those robes from FoG will sometimes supply chaos. I wouldn't depend on it though.

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]