F2P Boss Monster - Elvarg | 30+ supporters! | NEW! Support siggy's!

nerdboyxxx

Hawk, may I ask what you use tp draw those up? Or do you hand-draw and then scan? :)

Hand draw in pencil, ink, then I (usually) scan, then color in pencil (for reference), then go over the lines with the pen tool in GIMP, then add solid color, then add shading (which I haven't gotten to yet). I occasionally use my default lines by using color to alpha and color selection in GIMP (so no fooling with the pen tool) It's apparent in the mage set, I used the pen tool on the robe, but not on the hat or headdress. The lines are a little thinner when I don't go over them with the pen tool.

AND FINISHED MELEE! WHOO!

Draconic_Melee_Concept_Art_by_hawkxs.jpg

Its a good idea, although those drop rates are horrible. Some of the rune drops are rarer than GWs hilts....

Thanks for the feedback, I'll look at some alternative drop rates and change them.

Thanks Hawk for the melee set, I'll update the main post now ::'

disturbeda.png

This is only slightly off-topic, but I'll be making sort of a variant of the draconic helm for my brother's halloween costume, it'll be black and blue though. Will get pics when it's done for the heck of it.

This is only slightly off-topic, but I'll be making sort of a variant of the draconic helm for my brother's halloween costume, it'll be black and blue though. Will get pics when it's done for the heck of it.

I look forward to seeing what you've done :)

disturbeda.png

FIN IS ARMOR!

Draconic_Mage_Concept_Art_by_hawkxs.jpg

Draconic_Range_Concept_Art_by_hawkxs.jpg

Lovin' it.

Mage consists of Robe Top, Robe Bottom, a Draconic Headdress (available to all 'sets'), and a Draconic Wizard's (Mage's?) Hat.

Range consists of Draconic Body, Draconic Chaps, and a Draconic Coif.

Full character pic is coming soon! (nerdboy feel free to add these to the first post! :thumbsup: )

At the moment I'm thinking I'll place an altar inside Elvarg's lair, where you fight her, but with a little catch; the more players inside the lair at one time, the longer the limit each player has on using the altar. For example:

1 Player in Lair: Altar can be used every 1 minute(s) per player

2 Players in Lair: Altar can be used every 2 minutes per player

3 Players in Lair: Altar can be used every 3 minutes per player

4 Players in Lair: Altar can be used every 4 minutes per player

5+ Players in Lair: Altar can be used every 5 minutes per player

This puts a reasonable limit on the numer of players fighting Elvarg and should ensure that you can solo, as well as group efficiently.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions please put them forward :) thanks for the support guys.

Also, since this thread is becoming a bit popular, should I create an RSOF thread for this idea? Might add a poll or something :P

The only problem with that timer system on the alter is say that you're soloing and, as so often happens, some noob comes along to crash/leech/whatever. Now he's just doubled your prayer restore time without actually aiding you in any way.

There is always gonna be a problem when trying to add stuff. While I agree with Orioles I think it's not to much of a problem. To even get to this point you'll need to have done both quest. You can't be that much of a noob to done both quest and then just sit and leech. Since the quest is probably geared to level 80 and above F2P (rough guess) my guess is this place will be cworded already if it catches on and 9 out of 10 players would come here to get the drops. Just make her aggressive so when a player does come in they will get attacked so no one can really come in a leech. Also players have a way of getting other players to leave, I've seen it so I think this works fine.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

At the moment I'm thinking I'll place an altar inside Elvarg's lair, where you fight her, but with a little catch; the more players inside the lair at one time, the longer the limit each player has on using the altar. For example:

1 Player in Lair: Altar can be used every 1 minute(s) per player

2 Players in Lair: Altar can be used every 2 minutes per player

3 Players in Lair: Altar can be used every 3 minutes per player

4 Players in Lair: Altar can be used every 4 minutes per player

5+ Players in Lair: Altar can be used every 5 minutes per player

This puts a reasonable limit on the numer of players fighting Elvarg and should ensure that you can solo, as well as group efficiently.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions please put them forward :) thanks for the support guys.

Also, since this thread is becoming a bit popular, should I create an RSOF thread for this idea? Might add a poll or something :P

The only problem with that timer system on the alter is say that you're soloing and, as so often happens, some noob comes along to crash/leech/whatever. Now he's just doubled your prayer restore time without actually aiding you in any way.

There is always gonna be a problem when trying to add stuff. While I agree with Orioles I think it's not to much of a problem. To even get to this point you'll need to have done both quest. You can't be that much of a noob to done both quest and then just sit and leech. Since the quest is probably geared to level 80 and above F2P (rough guess) my guess is this place will be cworded already if it catches on and 9 out of 10 players would come here to get the drops. Just make her aggressive so when a player does come in they will get attacked so no one can really come in a leech. Also players have a way of getting other players to leave, I've seen it so I think this works fine.

The quest, although the requirements are minimal, is geared to 90+ players, but even they will have a hard time getting through the quest because of the two quest bosses you fight at the end.

I knew there would be a problem with leechers, so I made the range attack hit all players in the room (because of the whirlwind attack, it can spread so it will hit all players). This makes it unavoidable to take damage. And because of the higher levelled requirements it stops people from just leeching and waiting for drops, etc.

And I will add a note under the statistics so people know she is aggressive to the first player who enters :)

disturbeda.png

Okay guys, added an RSOF thread. Please post all constructive criticism/new suggestions here, and add your support on the RSOF, NOT ON THIS THREAD. A J-Mod isn't going to see the support you guys give here, and I really want it to be worth your time.

disturbeda.png

well, first off:

Kudos to designing pretty much an entire quest.

please add me to the support list, I think this is a great idea.

the level requirements and everything look good, this is supposed to be challenging.

my f2p friends would love this!

thorin_328.png

"Maybe someone should help you with that."

"Sir, I'm president of the Electronics club,

the math club, and the chess club, if

there's a bigger nerd in here, please, point him out."

well, first off:

Kudos to designing pretty much an entire quest.

please add me to the support list, I think this is a great idea.

the level requirements and everything look good, this is supposed to be challenging.

my f2p friends would love this!

The quest took me ages and it still isn't finished. I'm going over the dialogue and stuff at the moment to check everything. An updated version is coming soon :P

thanks for the support, please add your support on the RSOF as well!

disturbeda.png

Sorry i havn't posted in ages.

Gradz for putting it on Runescape thread. A lot of copy pasting?

Anyway with the range attack (Again) I don't understand how it can hit so high. Maybe make the Helm reduce the hit down by 3 or something?

Same with melee. Since it uses all 3 styles can we make melee attack first person closest to her? Just like GWD <3:

Just another Pwnage Runescape player

Melee player

ARRRGGG!! Stupid RSOF. :wall: I can't even find your post anywhere. Do you happen to have a link or two that well take people directly there, but I keeping running into similar, some less throughout like Elvarg quest. ::'

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Sorry i havn't posted in ages.

Gradz for putting it on Runescape thread. A lot of copy pasting?

Anyway with the range attack (Again) I don't understand how it can hit so high. Maybe make the Helm reduce the hit down by 3 or something?

Same with melee. Since it uses all 3 styles can we make melee attack first person closest to her? Just like GWD <3:

I'll change the range damage soon, but I'm kinda busy with the quest and tidying it up. Yeah there was a lot of copy paste :P

I'll change how she attacks also. I'll still make sure that the first person to enter is attacked first, but whoever gets closer to her/hits the most damage will become her new priority target :)

And I don't know what the hell is up with the RSOF thread, it keeps happening to me as well. I'll add a direct link now :)

disturbeda.png

I totally support this thread, F2P needs a boss monster. \'

Thanks very much :thumbsup:

I don't see my name on the support list. :(

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Sorry dude, I was doing homework when I checked your post :P I'll add it now. Please also support on the RSOF thread!

disturbeda.png

Sorry dude, I was doing homework when I checked your post :P I'll add it now. Please also support on the RSOF thread!

I can't post on RSOF :(

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention