Stuff I hate about RS

NotoriousPSC

I've been playing RS for awhile now, and here is just what really annoys me

Price limits

trying to work the ge but having my character click out of the window and run away all the time

language filters

the stupid formula for getting stuff pvp

feel free to comment or add to the list

NotoriousPSC.png

"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison

Price limits
Surely you understand the necessity?

trying to work the ge but having my character click out of the window and run away all the time
I have no problems at all using the Grand Exchange. Try to be less careless in your clicking.

language filters
The last thing I need is a bunch of preteens swearing at me.

I dislike this too. 76k-ing is not in the spirit of the game.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

Price limits
Surely you understand the necessity?

I have no problems at all using the Grand Exchange. Try to be less careless in your clicking.

language filters

I dislike this too. 76k-ing is not in the spirit of the game.

Beat me to it. Ah well.

I used to 76k to try to keep up with inflation, then I realized Barrows can be better profit and is a heck of a lot more fun.

a70c7.png

Price limits

language filters

Price limits are annoying i know, but needed.

My friend is quitting and wants to give me his 2 red phats and a blue mask, but cant due to the darn limits.

I have no intention of RWT either, so that kinda ruined the game.

I get that problem with GE, dont know what it is though.

Language filters i have mixed feelings about. Sometimes if i nearly die or something, saying sh*t or f*ck can get you a mute, which is annoying, happened on one of my accounts. But then again i dont want kids like f*ck off my spot you f*cking fat sh*tty nerd, so you cant win.

And PVP is crap, should be taken out if 76King carries on, or changed alot.

I dont like Jagex focusing on PVP, but something must be done.

Currently - Slaying to 99!

Monkeyannie.pngMonkeyannie.png

[hide=Drops]Notable drops-

Dragon- 10 Platelegs / 3 Med Helms / 10 Plateskirts / 1 Spear / 3 Left Halves / 4 Claws / 3 Ruined Armour Lumps / 200+ Boots / 3 Pickaxes

Godwars- 1 Bandos Chestplate / Shard 1 / Shard 2 / 4 Sets of ancient robes

Barrows- 250M+ LOOT Including 10 Spears (back in the day) / Guthans spear and Dharoks helm in 1 chest (at the time it was worth 8M, a big deal to many people then lol) / 8 Guthans helms / 3 Dharoks helms / 4 Veracs Helms / etc.

Other Slayer stuff- Whips 20 / Dark Bows 3 / Granite Mauls 20 / Ranging Ammys 6 / 1 Visage (steel dragons) / 40+ effigies

I play on and off. I'll play the game solidly for a month then quit for the next 3, lol.[/hide][/size]

Price limits

language filters

i agree, but what can one do?

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

Price limits

language filters

Yeah, we used to have no price limits. They are here to stay. The formulas are, too. They might tinker with them from time to time, but they are bascially here forever. Expect the formula to become more bizarre and ineffective as time goes on.

The language filters are a little annoying, but do you ever really need to use those words to do what you need to do?

The GE situation happens to me too, I don't know why that happens.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

Thank you the two who indivually broke down the things I was complaining about. I understand completely why they're there, I just enjoy complaining. Runs in the family.

NotoriousPSC.png

"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison

^ I thought it would have been fixed by now, but apparently it isn't easy to correct or Jagex doesn't want to spend time fixing it.

NotoriousPSC.png

Thank you the two who indivually broke down the things I was complaining about. I understand completely why they're there, I just enjoy complaining. Runs in the family.

I can't believe anyone would ENJOY complaining...

Anyway, nothing can be done about the price limits.

The second point is entirely your own fault.

The language filters are there to create a better environment for everyone. If you want to swear, there are plenty of other places to do so. And Jagex has already relaxed the filters a bit, allowing words like "suck", "[wagon]", "crap" and some other stuff.

I don't know about the fourth one, but I hate PvP updates too. Why should Jagex waste so much time messing around with PvP?

The GE thing pisses me off so much! The way around it as far as I'm aware is to make sure your mouse has been hovering over whatever you want to click for a second or two before clicking, and then leave it hovering there for a second or two after clicking, normally works for me but I always forget to do it lol.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

They already can. "**** you" conveys the same exact message as the uncensored version. The symbols change - yet the meaning is exactly the same. And everyone knows what someone was trying to say when they see "**** you".

Censors really don't make any sense to me. :?

They already can. "**** you" conveys the same exact message as the uncensored version. The symbols change - yet the meaning is exactly the same. And everyone knows what someone was trying to say when they see "**** you".

Censors really don't make any sense to me. :?

Yes, but the censor acts as a deterrent.

They know if they harass a player they will be reported, but if there was no censor then they could tell you off with out a second thought.

The censor acts as a point of reference to let you know if you've gone to far in your betabar.

Prism_Swords.png

I get the G.E. running away problem ALOT

I click exactly where I need to click and it makes me run somewhere I don't even click. That IS an issue. Not bringing me to where my pointer is, but directly away from the G.E. Doesn't happen anywhere else either. HATE that.

The 76k tricking is ridiculous, kinda nice they remove some money from the economy without resources, inflating the price of resources, but also making everything cost more. Learn how to run nats or something productive let the real pvp people do their thing.

Agree with the first two, rather annoying to just try to buy some battlestaves only to get 100 and then watch as your character runs away and adds a new guy to your friends list.

Language filter is fine as it is since there's no need to curse at all really and PVP isn't a concern of mines so I can't relate/disagree with that.

I can't believe people would WANT to swear. What does it do? Make you feel better? More superior? Cooler? :roll: :roll:

-http://science.slashdot.org/story/09/07/12/1433249/Swearing-Provides-Pain-Relief-Say-Scientists?from=rss

-http://www.examiner.com/x-2211-Self-Help-Examiner~y2009m7d13-Profanity-can-reduce-your-pain-and-stress

-http://www.asylum.com/2009/07/13/swearing-can-help-ease-pain/

Why would you not want to?

I can't believe people would WANT to swear. What does it do? Make you feel better? More superior? Cooler? :roll: :roll:

-http://science.slashdot.org/story/09/07/12/1433249/Swearing-Provides-Pain-Relief-Say-Scientists?from=rss

-http://www.examiner.com/x-2211-Self-Help-Examiner~y2009m7d13-Profanity-can-reduce-your-pain-and-stress

-http://www.asylum.com/2009/07/13/swearing-can-help-ease-pain/

Why would you not want to?

Yeah, yeah, scientific studies, etc etc.

But honestly, does it make you any better as a person? Would people respect you more? People would just think you're immature.

But honestly, does it make you any better as a person? Would people respect you more? People would just think you're immature.

You mean like how people excessively use the eye rolling emote? Yeah, I agree.

There are people who swear when it's uncalled for just to be cool, but you can't stereotype every person who swears as that. Ever stub your toe on something really sharp? A "Gosh darn! Fiddlesticks!" never sufficed for me.

Jagex says not to report someone if it is censored, so I don't see how it is a deterrent. More like the opposite.

I could make a separate rant about this. What the hell is the point of a censor if it is meant to be a detterant if they say, "It's okay to abuse the crap out of someone, as long as it's censored." wtf. I find that f*ck is the same as ****, just different symbols. It has the exact same meaning :| stupid rules...

disturbeda.png