which slayer tasks to block and which not?

essiw

title says all, I have quest cape so I can use all slots (I did quit 1,5 years ago so I just recently did the slayer quest. so no points yet)

It would be nice to know which ones are worth blocking and which are not.

I do not use a cannon, I range all tasks that have safe spots. I love metal dragons so I won't block them.

My slayer master is the one in shilo.

I was thinking of blocking terrorbirds, but which ones should I block too?

72 slayer btw (if I should block higher slayer monsters tell me too, then I'll reserve space for them)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

First of all, don't block tasks first. If you melée, get slayer helm! It's really worth it

Second:

I have blocked:

Greater Demons

Black Demons

Hellhounds

And when I get 200+QP, will be kalphites, because these are the tasks I hate the most

But most of the slayer addicts won't agree with me

People usually block

Hellhounds

Steel Dragons

Iron Dragons

And Greater Demons until 127 combat (Because of wild dogs in brimheaven dungeon)

I don't honestly agree with blocking steel and iron dragons because they do give good stuff (points at siggy)

About Terrorbirds and Warped Tortoises, there was a guide that explains why they are amazing XP (Cannonable!!!)

Careful_Maim.png

The only monster I have blocked is the warped terrorbirds.

I don't agree with most people about blocking tasks, As I find many tasks people block have good benefits.

Greater demons - Yes, the wild dogs are annoying, but if you stay in the same immediate area, they will become non agressive after a while. Greaters have low defense, and don't hit you often, which makes for fast xp.

Black demons - Good crimson charm drops, in my experience nearly 50% drop rate, some other decent (not great) drops also. They have low defence, and are easy to safe spot.

Hellhounds - I don't have these blocked simply because they're one of the easiest tasks. Boring sometimes, but as they have no drops except charms, if you range, hally, or mage them you don't have to bank. Also they have a good drop rate for lvl 3 clues, if you like to do those.

Iron/Steel dragons - VERY easy to range (shield + antifire pots), good drops, chance of visage. Unless your range level is low I see no reason to block these.

I can't say much as to Warped Terrorbirds or Tortoises, as I blocked terrorbirds before I tried 'em, and I have had the good fortune never to have been assigned Tortoises.

Koanga.png

Barrows: Verac's flail, Karil's top, Karil's skirt, Guthan's skirt (x2), Dharok's plate, Torag's hammers.

The only monster I have blocked is the warped terrorbirds.

Greater demons - Yes, the wild dogs are annoying, but if you stay in the same immediate area, they will become non aggressive after a while. Greaters have low defense, and don't hit you often, which makes for fast xp.

Yes, but until you are 127 combat, they REGAIN aggresivity, like 10 minutes aggressive, 10 minute non aggressive, then aggressive again, they give nice charms but like no drops (occasional rune full helm)

Black demons - Good crimson charm drops, in my experience nearly 50% drop rate, some other decent (not great) drops also. They have low defence, and are easy to safe spot.

They literally stink! Task takes ages, crimson drop is like 3-40%, drops stink! definitely not worth it

Hellhounds - I don't have these blocked simply because they're one of the easiest tasks. Boring sometimes, but as they have no drops except charms, if you range, hally, or mage them you don't have to bank. Also they have a good drop rate for lvl 3 clues, if you like to do those.

No drops at all! Gold Charms, High defense, no good spots to kill them - Epic Fail

Iron/Steel dragons - VERY easy to range (shield + antifire pots), good drops, chance of visage. Unless your range level is low I see no reason to block these.

I agree!

I can't say much as to Warped Terrorbirds or Tortoises, as I blocked terrorbirds before I tried 'em, and I have had the good fortune never to have been assigned Tortoises.

Careful_Maim.png

I don't know what your melee stats are but I'd block steel dragons if you're under 95 att/str because they really take too long to kill (unless you range/mage obviously). Iron dragons are alright with a super set.

Greater demons are GREAT! good source of charms, rune full helms and clues. If you kill them in the wilderness volcano you won't have any wild dog problems and it's easy to bank.

Hellhounds are fine but most people complain about the lack of drops, although you get plenty of charms and a clue that can easily make up for it.

I haven't had black demons assigned for about a year; they're alright to range, but if you want to melee them you'll have to use prayer.

Some people enjoy warped terrorbirds, they have good drops but can be costly(prayer) and take a while to kill. Best thing is to get a task of them and see how you find it.

Kalaphites can be annoying due to the bad drops and superantis, but if you're ranging you can safespot the big ones right beside the entrance to the queen's lair (forgot what they're called lol) and these will provide you with a few high level herbs and a rune chain/med if you're lucky.

Skeletal wyverns are not to everyone's taste, a task of them is akin to killing a weaker KBD ~60 times, but if you don't mind using the food/pots for the chance of granite legs/visage then go for it, they aren't too bad in the end and you'll probably get a few ranarrs and some cash if you collect the bones.

Post if there are any others you're unsure about

thanks for your replys,

I will go for slayer helm but if I get terrorbirds first I block it because I really really hate it.

as I said in my first post I won't block metal drags. because I love to slay them ;)

I also won't block hellhounds because I like doing clues, and I can safespot them.

Also as you could have read in my first post I don't use a cannon, so saying to not block terrorbirds because they are cannonable is not much worth for me. So still blocking that.

Kalphites are also nice to safe spot and range (the big ones) alotugh they take a while and are poisionus they drop good and I like to slay them.

Warped Tortoises are a whole different story then terrorbirds, I won't block them because they have kind of a low defence and drop nice.

Are Greater demons really that bad? (haven't got a task of them yet)

[if you could find a world without new members fighting them...]

Also I hear storys about wyverns that they are hard, do I have to block them or are they actually nice to kill?

Black Demons do take long... not sure yet to block them or not... I would block them if I have a spot left. (honestly they don't drop good except for charms)

I never had terror dogs, are they bad?

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I don't know what your melee stats are but I'd block steel dragons if you're under 95 att/str because they really take too long to kill (unless you range/mage obviously). Iron dragons are alright with a super set.

Greater demons are GREAT! good source of charms, rune full helms and clues. If you kill them in the wilderness volcano you won't have any wild dog problems and it's easy to bank.

Hellhounds are fine but most people complain about the lack of drops, although you get plenty of charms and a clue that can easily make up for it.

I haven't had black demons assigned for about a year; they're alright to range, but if you want to melee them you'll have to use prayer.

Some people enjoy warped terrorbirds, they have good drops but can be costly(prayer) and take a while to kill. Best thing is to get a task of them and see how you find it.

Kalaphites can be annoying due to the bad drops and superantis, but if you're ranging you can safespot the big ones right beside the entrance to the queen's lair (forgot what they're called lol) and these will provide you with a few high level herbs and a rune chain/med if you're lucky.

Skeletal wyverns are not to everyone's taste, a task of them is akin to killing a weaker KBD ~60 times, but if you don't mind using the food/pots for the chance of granite legs/visage then go for it, they aren't too bad in the end and you'll probably get a few ranarrs and some cash if you collect the bones.

Post if there are any others you're unsure about

Thanks for your reply :D

thanks for the comment about greaters :)

already had a task of terrobirds, and I hate them so I will block it ;)

You just said the same thing before me :o (about the big kalphites)

also thanks for the comment about wyverns :D

Also I would like to ask, what about waterfiends? They took me quite long, becuase I don't own a gs and probably aren't going to, I uses a dragon battle axe. I don't know wheter to drop them or not. I only did 20-35 of them at one invetory of food, super pots and pray pots. but they still dropped nice things too.

Retired item crew

Also I would like to ask, what about waterfiends? They took me quite long, becuase I don't own a gs and probably aren't going to, I uses a dragon battle axe. I don't know wheter to drop them or not. I only did 20-35 of them at one invetory of food, super pots and pray pots. but they still dropped nice things too.

waterfiends personally annoy me because they use a large amount of food/prayer potions, but the drops are good and will generally pay you back for supplies used. Also they are one of the best sources of crimson charms.

Yeah if you can afford a saradomin godsword that's the preferred weapon, but I have used verac's flail most times as it is cheap and pretty fast too. Another alternative is the Zamorak spear, but that's about 2m. I wouldn't reccomend using dragon baxe as it is quite slow.

My advice is to continue accepting tasks of them if you want the charms and don't mind using prayer potions/lots of food, but otherwise I'd blacklist them until you can better handle them.

ok thanks,

So now I have:

Terrorbirds

Maybe if nothing else is on the list:

Black demons

Waterfiends

Maybe (not had as task yet):

Wyverns

Greater demons

Aslo what about those beasts from the quest contact (forgot the name of them), are they nice to kill?

And what about Suqahs. (remember I don't use a cannon)

Retired item crew

Waterfiends really?

you are sure you read the post where I explained it?

Oh and for the guy who asked my stats:

essiw.png

(don't know why it won't show 285qp but I have them ;) )

Retired item crew

Aslo what about those beasts from the quest contact (forgot the name of them), are they nice to kill?

contact is scabarites i think, they're alright if you have guthans/bunyip and pray range, but it's multiway combat and they're agressive so it can be wearing on the food, although you are generally assigned small numbers (40-60)

Suqahs are easy as hell, boring drops though, but it'd be a waste of points to block them. Just take some food, there are probably safespots around also.

Try a Zamorakian Spear. GS are actually worse then them.

I am not rich, so I don't want to buy a new weapon right now which costs that much.

thanks jonni for your reply :D there is one safe spot in the ship (where only one suqah is, but I find it rather boring...

Retired item crew

Black demons are a good task

They drop lotsa crimson charms if u do it in chaos tunnels

chaos tunnels? are there safe spots? is it multi combat? I do not own a cannon you know ;)

Retired item crew

ok thanks,

So now I have:

Terrorbirds

Maybe if nothing else is on the list:

Black demons

Waterfiends

Maybe (not had as task yet):

Wyverns

Greater demons

Waterfiends and Wyverns are very good (for waterfiends you can borrow a GS/SS/ZS from a friend 2 hours and use a.. bunyip? Wyverns are safespottable with range (check Misunderstood monsters in AoW)). Suquahs are hardly cannonable, I just melée them.

In chaos tunnels you can't put a cannon. And CT is multicombat but safespottable

Careful_Maim.png

Try a Zamorakian Spear. GS are actually worse then them.

I am not rich, so I don't want to buy a new weapon right now which costs that much.

thanks jonni for your reply :D there is one safe spot in the ship (where only one suqah is, but I find it rather boring...

no prob, if you're ranging them just take some food and a good shield with crossbow or verac's skirt or something, they're generally assigned in small numbers and the bank is close by if you need more food.

Also looking at your stats I would suggest you work towards 68 summoning as it helps with slayer loads.

Waterfiends and Wyverns are very good (for waterfiends you can borrow a GS/SS/ZS from a friend 2 hours and use a.. bunyip? Wyverns are safespottable with range (check Misunderstood monsters in AoW)). Suquahs are hardly cannonable, I just melée them.

In chaos tunnels you can't put a cannon. And CT is multicombat but safespottable

thanks, I mostly want to log out and do other stuff so lending is not a good option (never lend something is it also possible to lend it for a day?) I won't use a bunyip since I can't make them yet. (So I will if I can make them). Thanks for the wyvern reply. Not sure about suqahs yet.

@jonni,

hmm ok it is close to bank (suqahs) that made my choice I think I keep them :)

I just did 9 lvls of summoning. And I have not much charms right now (first I need to be able to make graahks to make some nats ;) ).

Retired item crew

Dont block wyverns and black demons.

Both are great sources of crimson charms and easy to kill. For wyverns, I bring a unicorn and an invo of food. I can do most tasks in one trip and I average about 60+ crimson charms an hour, which is very decent. Black demons is also 50+ crimsons per hour.

I have blocked:

Steel dragons: (slow xp, + small chance of visage not worth it). I'm already 99 ranged and mage so no use maging or ranging them.

Kalphites: Few charms, crowded, and boring

Hellhounds: Boring, crowded, only gold charms

Warped terrorbirds: No charms, annoying to kill. They are very profitable though, even when using prayer.

I cancel iron dragon tasks mostly.

Suqahs are quick with a cannon

Greaters are bearable when over 127 combat because they drop crimsons.

As you can see, the most important factor for me is charm drops. I want good summoning xp when slaying. Your choice will depend on your preferences.

my preferences are:

how much fun I have slaying these and that depens on:

1) what kind of averge invetory of drops I get (this counts if they drop charms or not, and I rather have gold charms then crimson for the free summoning xp) [metal dragons]

2) If they drop clues [jellys, hellhounds]

3) If I can range them (I like ranging more then melee but only if it is in a safespot) [bloodvelds, hellhounds]

4) If I need to use a lot prayer potions (this is a disavatage) [waterfiends]

5) how fast I can kill them (however that doesn't matter much if they drop good stuff) [disavantage]

Retired item crew

I don't block a thing. No matter how stressful the task can be i just tough it out. Waste of points if you block it and if your not going for lots of Slayer Points Burthrope it.

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

Just out my personal taste:

Skeletal Wyverns (Cba with them)

Hellhounds (^)

Steel Dragons (^)

Warped Terrorbirds (^)

Scarabites i do at pyramid (after missing my mummy)

Greaters i do at wildy volcano, no annoying dogs and its usually quite.

Black demons i do at CT with pray, charms+drops makes it worth the cost.

I use shilo so the rest are pretty nice tasks.

I would rather spend 400 points on blocking long annoying tasks as i'll make it back and some, within a few lvls. + I want to keep task count till 99.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!