Hegemony-V2 begins page 302

fastortoise

The grudge is not so much a grudge as a political move. Japan has gone to war with me before, and so could very well do so again.

The way I see it, everyone agreed war was stupid and not allowed.

Lol. Japan controls Japan, New Guinea, and the Philipines, they're not "packed together like sardines".

These are still tiny islands for their population.

Brazil hasn't, and won't, so *shrug* it is better for me to give it to Brazil.

Super Mega Alliances @ best way to play the game, amirite?

Obviously I have to give it to someone who plays realistically, as India in the hands of someone who doesn't would cause so many arguments (eg. "I conscript 1b troops and invade the world").

I would have thought that my attitude towards our "war" in Africa would show you that I'm mature enough not to do something like that.

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wisp

• Nero

• Seraphi

• archimage_a

Dusty, you mind if I give it to dungeonal ?

I would mind, yes.

I abdicate India to the control of Doom and the Brazilian Empire.

Please give a reason :(

We need to be able to keep up with you 3.

3 world powers?

I've changed my mind, India will go to Rocco.

And sorry Deungeon, I forgot who it was that was actually being reasonable about the war (it was mired by all the people who weren't).

Super Mega Alliances @ best way to play the game, amirite?

Neither Brazil nor Sri Lanka are in an alliance with me. If I wanted to be a [bleep] I could give it to one of my allies, but that doesn't really make much sense (the only one with a semblance of claim to India is Britannia, and that would not end well).

3 world powers?

NAP = Non aggression pact, or a variant on that.

While you may not have "signed one" you've stated that Brazil won't attack you and that's pretty much the equivalent.

We don't have a non-aggression pact, but we both realize that attacking each-other would get no where and pretty much destroy the planet.

Sort of like how the US and the Soviets didn't escalate into full-scale war from the cold war. Not because of a treaty, but because of mutually assured destruction.

I'm still at a loss to what SMA means. I doubt it means spinal muscular atrophy, though.

edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot. Super Mega Alliance lol.

But then again, how is Findenland, Jerusalem, Aether, Malaysia, Luxembourg, and Japan not a "super mega alliance"?

The thing is, we wanted to attack you and everyone told us we were getting nowhere and so we were forced to stop.

It wasn't even discussed, people just ignored Ross' suggestion of how to play a war

Game is pretty bland when the most heated it gets is debating who gets India, eh.

The thing is, we wanted to attack you and everyone told us we were getting nowhere and so we were forced to stop.

It wasn't even discussed, people just ignored Ross' suggestion of how to play a war

Game is pretty bland when the most heated it gets is debating who gets India, eh.

The war was stopped because nobody was doing anything reasonable.

Findenland "captured" my capital and lost 300 men, somehow managing to sneak 200,000 troops into Germany. And then Latino kept going back and forth as to what he was doing, so it was impossible to post my response, since it went something like this:

Latino: I attack in Africa

Me: Germanian troops pulling back in the face of massive attack, scorched earth strategy

Latino: Haha I only attacked with my air force, you just killed your people!

Me: ... Ok, then my troops haven't pulled back, since you never attacked with land forces

Latino: No! I attacked with drones!

:?

At least one person noticed my suggestion.

It seems it got drowned in a sea made up of the shoddy tactics, idiotic assaults and general stupidy that made up 70% of World War IV.

2Xeo5.png

At least one person noticed my suggestion.

It seems it got drowned in a sea made up of the shoddy tactics, idiotic assaults and general stupidy that made up 70% of World War IV.

I read it, and I think that's how we'll play the next war so nobody whines.

Awesome.

2Xeo5.png

That's fine about the whole me not getting India by the way, even though it would double my population. (though not my GDP. India would still need a lot of work since Adrenal hasn't really posted much, so it wouldn't be as bad as in real life, but not up to other owned country's standards). I also think giving it to either me, or rocco would be the best choice since neither of us have ever been his enemy.

The reason he says I won't attack him is not because we have a NAP or an alliance, but simply because it would be pointless. We would just bomb the hell out of eachother, lose hundreds of millions of people, and leave our countries in poverty and disaster.

I also think a 17 pound grenade is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. Carrying even one would make movement difficult. The heaviest normal bowling ball is 15 pounds, try throwing one of those. You wouldn't get it more than a few feet. So his grenades are considered "suicide". Even a strong person couldn't throw a 17 pound object overhand (especially not one that's compacted into a grenade sized object) for more than like 5 feet.

With the promise of cheap housing and jobs, more people are able to have kids, our growth rate has increased by 25%. (Not to 25%, just whatever our growth rate was is 25% more). Underground cities continue to be built, and people are moving in rapidly. We hope to get the former US back up to it's former population eventually, along with Mexico, as those two countries are where most of these cities are.

First testing ship is complete, it's pretty simple.

Updated basic stats for brazil:

[hide=]Population of all nations:

Total land coverage: 30,225,000 km2

Average GDP per capita (This has taken a hit due to new countries): 22,900

GDP: 28.3 trillion

Total Tax Revenue Annually: about 5.8 trillion

Total "expendable" money: 1.4 trillion[/hide]

What was your suggestion again? I missed it.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I also think a 17 pound grenade is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. Carrying even one would make movement difficult. The heaviest normal bowling ball is 15 pounds, try throwing one of those. You wouldn't get it more than a few feet. So his grenades are considered "suicide". Even a strong person couldn't throw a 17 pound object overhand (especially not one that's compacted into a grenade sized object) for more than like 5 feet.

We created the grenade launchers for a reason. And don't say we can't launch one of these with a 6000 PSI air tank.

The reason he says I won't attack him is not because we have a NAP or an alliance, but simply because it would be pointless. We would just bomb the hell out of eachother, lose hundreds of millions of people, and leave our countries in poverty and disaster.

Not to mention that if either of us somehow ended up getting the upper-hand, the other person would just start crashing spaceships into Earth.

Not to mention that if either of us somehow ended up getting the upper-hand, the other person would just start crashing spaceships into Earth.

I can do that too :(

Gonna take a look for my suggested rules myself.

2Xeo5.png

I can do that too :(

Gonna take a look for my suggested rules myself.

Yea, but once we start running out of spaceships me and Doom can start crashing shipyard and battle stations as well.

I think that by the time you both run out of spaceships, there won't be much need for anything else.

3zh5ap4.jpg

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man sleepy and blind in the eyes.

Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!

If it's the thought that counts, why aren't humans innately telepathic?

We created the grenade launchers for a reason. And don't say we can't launch one of these with a 6000 PSI air tank.

Yeah, I can. I used to have a a 4500 psi paintball gun. That shoots a 3.5 gram paintball like two hundred feet.

You said yours shoots a 17 pound grenade (roughly 1,800 times heavier) 500 feet, with a 25% more compressed tank.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Again, as Dungeon said, we need a war mechanic.

A random number generator would work.

Theres one on here, so you could take a picture of the generator result, with a timestamp.

http://www.random.org/

How would it work exactly?

Give each unit a value, or something?

Because if Dusty counter-attacked with 600,000 troops to my 200,000, and RNG said I won without a scratch, that'd be [bleep] up. Hell, even if I won with 100,000 loses it would be a bit iffy.

Well, you work out a realistic scenario, both players work out a response to said scenario and a war judge then agrees to setting the probability of each person's scenario being successful.

You run the numbers through the generator multiple times, and then the one with the most "Wins" gets to use his scenario.

The other player must adapt his tactics to fit the scenario that won.

Rinse, repeat, until the war judge feels the war can be ended, get a probability of the war ending, run the generator again.

Decide the consequences of the losing player/continue for another turn, depending on the result.

The war judge must remain completely unbiased and neutral in all of this.

Also, the war judge should probably run the generator at the time, as well.

I think that system would work pretty well.

Is this it, ross?

3zh5ap4.jpg

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man sleepy and blind in the eyes.

Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!

If it's the thought that counts, why aren't humans innately telepathic?

That's great and all, but few people here seem to understand how warfare works. I could put 200,000 troops down on the ground in western europe, and they could last for years. It's not like millions of people would be fighting eachother at once. If 1000 troops were well entrenched in a base with good anti air capabilities, and lots of supplies, they could last against millions of enemy troops, in theory. The defender almost always has the advantage. That's why the Axis lasted so long in WWII, even though they had a lot less people, and killed way more Allies. Imagine in real life, an army of 1,000,000 is up against new york city. All civilians have been evacuated, and there are 10,000 defenders throughout the city. The defenders could hide in thousands of different buildings, set traps, ambush small groups, and probably kill a huge chunk of the attacking force. The city has tens of thousands of buildings and alleys, and sewers, and access tunnels. The attackers would have to go building to building, room to room, in order to defeat the defenders, even though they outnumber them 100 to 1. Now imagine the defenders have 25 million square kilometers to hide in. That's why Germany would still have an advantage even if they were outnumbered 10-1, if they used the correct strategies.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

"Hi, I've got a winbutton so you can NEVER HAVE FUN IN A WAR WITH ME AHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHA"

You weren't getting anywhere. Maybe he would've lost Africa, but there's no way with Brittania and Russia's support you would've even gotten near Europe.

I never intended to. I just wanted some fun.

Latino: I attack in Africa

Me: Germanian troops pulling back in the face of massive attack, scorched earth strategy

Latino: Haha I only attacked with my air force, you just killed your people!

Me: ... Ok, then my troops haven't pulled back, since you never attacked with land forces

Latino: No! I attacked with drones!

I don't really think that's how it happened. (Though I agree most of it was a mess)