• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wisp

• Nero

• Seraphi

• archimage_a

I had an idea that we start from the stone age with no tech, apart from the wheel and how to make fire.

We have a blank map of the world (no country names or anything or Borders).

Obvioussly this new idea will mean that we won't have as much technology (which might make fighting much more fun)

we will have to decide our culture and also have diffrent attributes based on our culture. For example a god-fearing nation might be scared by people wearing demon masks or whatever.

We should have atleast three problems with the culture and three attributes.

we then progress through time and at certianl periods we go at 10 years for a day to get through boring times.

Over time we will all get some base techs (like electricity)

Actually that's fairly decent, except for the electricity thing, since there'll be a technology cap.

And I meant we get some tech caps at certian points in time (so say if someone researchs something like electricity which makes them really powerful)

meatlover.png

Okay if people are formally claiming peices of land I am calling southern china (the part with gun-powder)

I already called southern China...and I thought we were only claiming land, not civilizations or tech.

Though I take it we haven't decided anything in the 2 hours I was gone.

Has doom even posted since we started discussing this? :blink:

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Okay if people are formally claiming peices of land I am calling southern china (the part with gun-powder)

I already called southern China...and I thought we were only claiming land, not civilizations or tech.

Though I take it we haven't decided anything in the 2 hours I was gone.

Has doom even posted since we started discussing this? :blink:

actually I believe I said that I have dibs on china before you did also you mentioned that you wanted the mongols...

my post

Also Ive got dibs on china so to speak.

yours

Dusty just wants to conquer Europe again. :P

I'll take somewhere in east Asia, either Mongolia or southern China.

It would appear that I beat you by a good 2 minutes :blink:

LNYvk.png

I don't really want to advance past late medieval times, or it could turn into another version of this, and I don't really want that to happen.

We could also try one without any tech research at all, just a set date, with set tech from that time, and so battles would depend on army composition, morale, size, and the general's competence rather than who has the biggest and baddest toy on the block.

Grim, I'm pretty sure we're not claiming civilizations, only land. So if we're only having 10K-100K people each, you can't claim all of China. Thus your original claim doesn't really count. I'm sure if we need to though, we can be close neighbors or something.

Not like we've actually decided on anything...

And we can set the day:year ratio so we go slow enough to still be in the (late) medieval ages after 100+ days.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Grim, I'm pretty sure we're not claiming civilizations, only land. So if we're only having 10K-100K people each, you can't claim all of China. Thus your original claim doesn't really count. I'm sure if we need to though, we can be close neighbors or something.

Not like we've actually decided on anything...

It was mostly a claim to culture and yes as we each have something like 10-100k people it would be easy to live as neighbors.

LNYvk.png

Well I am moving all of my colonists and putting up the 1k helios orbs I got into the earthlike planet in the eresu system.

In other words the clones which I bought from RPG have come into adult hood (the nano enhancements speed up growth among other things).

LNYvk.png

Persia is Iran, so Babylonia/Iraq is open.

I think time period needs to be clear soon, as it will cause confusion on who is what nation, since allot happened to the various empires over the course of history. Hex, we should use old names to avoid confusion such as this. As the time progresses, you can change it accordingly. Also, perhaps earlier on we can have a day = several years, but later on slow it down to a year (after hitting some date). Ill just stick with Phonecia, btw.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

We do need to decide a time period. I vote 300 BC, what say you?

I think that's a little too late on in history, but that is just me.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!