Virtual Stock Exchange

duncdar2

http://www.vse.marke[bleep]ch.com/Game/Homepage.aspx

It's a virtual stock exchange, all prices match that of the one in New York. It's really cool. Discuss the game and the stocks here!

I dont really pay attention to stocks.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

It's a game in the sense it's not real. But it shouldn't be in "video games" and consoles. I might try it, and shadow that might be a cool idea.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

It's a game in the sense it's not real. But it shouldn't be in "video games" and consoles. I might try it, and shadow that might be a cool idea.

I was actually considering suggesting to make an Off Topic only contest (considering enough ppl dont actually play runescape) for the title change.

1 month duration, 20k starting cash, person to make the most money by the end wins. Minimum of 5 different stocks bought/sold.

It's fun

I have to disagree your VSE is still a game and belongs in this forum and not in off-topic. It says game in the url, is says game in the description on the site and if you want you can compare this game to online poker.

tFtfA.jpg

It's a tricky thread, since it is a game but also a simulation of the stock market. When I saw it earlier, I was fine with leaving it in off-topic, but it's fine here as well.

I like the idea Shadow, last time I played this simulation I was in school. We had a classroom competittion. I didn't do too well, but I bet I could do pretty well now.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

If you have an issue with a mod moving your topic, take it up with the mod in question and don't complain about it on the thread please.

Personally i think it doese belong here, as it is a game, much as any browser based, or text based game is and they belong here too.

OT: I'd love to do a small competition here on TIF on that game, i've never played it before but i would start for a laugh if anything happened.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Scary how people think a video game and a virtual stock market are the same

I did think that it would be in off topic, but appearntly Racheya disagrees.

I'm considering moving it back to off-topic, since this is not a videogame, it is a simulation. The tip.it hegemony has stayed in off-topic, and it is a simulation as well, so I see no problem with this being back in off-topic.

I'm considering moving it back to off-topic, since this is not a videogame, it is a simulation. The tip.it hegemony has stayed in off-topic, and it is a simulation as well, so I see no problem with this being back in off-topic.

But any other simulation games would go here. Things like those virtual city sims. I consider this virtual stock exchange in the same game catagory as games like travian, or knightfight, where they are browser based text games. But yeah, del most of these posts when you guys have made the decision.

I think as long as the topic stays on the game itself, it should stay here really.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

VSE is virtual in the sense that you dont use your own money. But it's still based on the word's economy. What this means is that what happens in real life reflects on the game.

Anything posted in the topic will be a hell of a lot more of a real life discussion than a "game"

I'm not familiar with knightfight, but unless there's a real knight fighting for you that you're gambling on, no it's not on the same category.

Think of it like fantasy sports (which is allowed in the offtopic forum btw)

You shouldn't have to consider it as it should have never been done. And I have PMed her. And not it's not complaining, it's public humiliation.

Wait, then what's CoD series? It's a simulation like all the rest. A VIDEO GAME IS A SIMULATION.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

That'd be like saying playing Madden is the same as playing real football. Its not the same thing. You don't gain or lose anything by playing VSE like real stocks. When all is said and down this Virtual Stock Exchange is just a game. It'd be more scary if you couldn't tell the different.

tFtfA.jpg

Let there be no more discussion about the placement of this thread from this point forward. This thread will remain in this forum, and does not need to be moved elseware. It is a game, and therefore it belongs in this subforum. Any further discussion will be removed from this thread.

Now, if someone wants to set up a Tip.It competition, feel free to do so. I think it would be pretty fun. We'd just need someone to start the group and get a sign up list going.

i'm talking to bluelancer about this. i know he has an idea of the stock market better than anyone else. hopefully we wont have the same problem dealing with... new mods. or people who dont even make threads.

(fyi guys, i've been running a game in the music and movie forum for the last three years now)

Well, I also know a great deal about stocks and just made quite a bit and lost some on GOOG(Google) stocks.

So, where would the game go? Here, or off topic?

The symbol for the Swine Flu thing is GSK is any of you are wondering. I'll most likely set up the game since I introduced it to the boards.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

I was actually considering suggesting to make an Off Topic only contest (considering enough ppl dont actually play runescape) for the title change.

1 month duration, 20k starting cash, person to make the most money by the end wins. Minimum of 5 different stocks bought/sold.

It's fun

This should we fun. How should we do it?

koen9qy.png

It's fun

This should we fun. How should we do it?

Apparently duncdar2 is going to set it up. Shadow has a good history with forum competitions, but duncdar2 wants to host it.

Just call me Duncdar, and I have history with stocks and game creation here, question is, where to exactly put it.

It remains in this forum. I've already talked to Lion about it, and he told me this topic belongs in VG&C.