New massive advertisement on Runescape homepage.

forestfrolic

There is no need for this topic, use Adblock Plus & Firefox or quit your yapping.

You don't decide whether a topic is needed or not. If people want to discuss this, let them.

Anyways, personally I don't understand why Jagex would want an advertisement like that. Sure, they get paid well for ads like these, and it's probably a customized advertisement which was specifically asked for by the advertiser... but this makes the Runescape website less appealing and thus might cause people not to sign up on Runescape. An appealing website is important to attract new users with no experience to the game, and this ad just makes the site look terrible, imo.

Glad I don't see it.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a topic similar to this one when they had the wolverine popup add.

I now know why Jagex was so willing to lose money on certain aspects of their game, cause they can do crap like this and get it back. Seriously, they need to stop with this new add campain soon or people are going to head other places. People come to runescape because of the "clean" feeling, if they wanted to be bumbarded with adds they could go elsewhere. Im disapointed in all this add stuff recently. I pay for the game and was told it would be add free, now i have to deal with this crap because they need to make up for lost profit else where.

Lame -.-

Where do I start with this complete joke of a post. Tell me what changes to RuneScape that Jagex have done that haven't overall played as a benefit to the RuneScape community? Jagex don't do updates just for the sake of it.. That costs money, too, you know. They're willing to lose money, yes, TO MAKE RUNESCAPE A BETTER PLACE OVERALL!. People aren't going to head to another place because of the adverts on the main page, where the hell did you get that idea from?! I'm not going to go to a website, and when I realise there's ads (OMG NO!@!@! -.-) exit that page. People come to RuneScape for the clean feeling, lol. Do you know what the clean feeling is? Clicking on one of the servers and actually playing the game! The main reason that most people visit http://www.runescape.com is to play..RuneScape, believe it or not. The front page is simply a "portal" that contains links to everywhere else on the RuneScape website. You pay for the GAME Yes... To play RuneScape! You're not "dealing with this crap", you're simply visiting one page to go to another to spend hours of time enjoying what's there.. What is it with you people? Jagex is a company, you know? Companies aims are to profit, not make a loss.. and if advertising on the front page is something they want to do, who the hell are you to complain? STOP PLAYING, IF THAT'S THE CASE! They can do whatever the hell they want.

I don't see what the film advertisers are thinking. If F2Pers won't pay $6/month to upgrade from a demo (to the full game) they play 12+ hours/week, why would they pay $7.50 to go see a 2 hour movie?

As repeated over and over and over again; F2p is NOT a demo, it IS the game. P2p an expansion pack. You name to me one "demo", please, Jonathanshi that you can play for as many hours as you want and have full advantage of all the skills available to you, and where you can do just as much as a P2p'er with what's available to you.

To reply to the other thing you said, there's a massive difference between playing an online game for 12 hours than 2 hours doing something in real life. Especially when it comes to going to the movies, you're going to enjoy that 2 hours of relaxation, no? You (generally) don't have to pay with a credit card or other methods of "plastic money" when going to the movies, you can pay by cash. Not everyone can pay for membership so easily as they can for normal things in real life...

Anyway, the advertisements gone for now, expect more in the future and probably another topic by someone complaining.. some people these days. :|

RIP Michaelangelopolous

It's not like you're staring at the homepage for hours, so it doesn't bother me a single bit. Let them get a few extra bucks for it, and it does hurt us at all.