New massive advertisement on Runescape homepage.

forestfrolic

Can someone explain how to clear are cache.

The only problem I have with this a single Jagex Mod won't tell us why its there and the fact I don't want a moderntime thing on a medievil like game. -.-

Also Mechscape hint. ::'

If you use firefox Ctrl+F5 will to a hard refresh. (that will remove any cached items for the page).

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least it isn't as bad as:

oversteppingaboundary.png

where it literally popped out of the screen, froze my computer, and would take me to the external link no matter where I clicked...

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Going off of that topic; G.I Joe's been released in theaters? *rushes off to the movies*

But in all seriousness; You don't question Joe. If he wants an ad for his movie on Runescape, he'll damn well get his ad. What are you, some kind of Cobra supporter?

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Adblock o_o

But I see it when I turn it off.

Yep... Seriously, why don't you guys use adblock. It solves so many annoyances.

<3 Firefox

It's cause they're some IE using dummies.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

in the world of internet advertising, it could be worse. MUCH worse.

I wouldnt mind if they put pr0nz up there, but GI JOE? LOL. JUST LOL.

although i still have the MA one

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

AdBlock Plus :thumbup: - FireFox is the best browser :D

Bear in mind, it is against the rules if you're f2p :-w

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

I don't really have anything against this ad. The old popups, the ones with sound screaming all the time, and the X-men one that covered half the screen I couldn't stand. This ad is actually pretty ok seeing as it doesn't interfere with anything.

120dgl.jpg

I can't see it at all, not on FireFox nor Internet Explorer. :?

I don't see, personally, how people can be bothered by it. Jagex are a company, companies aims are to make profit. This is just another way of doing so. You never spend long on the main page, it's just the portal to go to other areas so to speak. Even then, everything is accessible from other parts of the website via the dropdown boxes.

Quit yer whinin'. ;)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

At least it isn't as bad as:

oversteppingaboundary.png

where it literally popped out of the screen, froze my computer, and would take me to the external link no matter where I clicked...

The Wolfman gonna getcha!

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Im guessing its only for the people who live in the US? Cus the people that say they cant see it, all have UK as their location.
And Canada. Don't forget about us canuks. :lol:

Seriously though, is it that big of a deal? Advertising is a big part of Jagex's revenue. At least they stopped putting in huge pop-ups (*cough* X-Men Origins: Wolverine *cough*), right?

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Meh... I currently dont have it but I really wouldn't mind if I did.

JaGex are probably making a shed load of money from it, which aint bad imo.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

i wanna call it stupid but i'd probably do the same thing if i ran a website that got over a million hits/day.

(i can only hope they'll do it for more movies in the future, even if they couldn't advertise R-rated ones)

160vy.png

I like Gi Joe, I collect the action figure line and autographs of the original voice actors. I've been working on the new movie cast as well, so far have nichols, park , tatum and wayans.

I support this 110% :P

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Right click - view image details and tell me url please :)

The wolverine one looks like a flash to me

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

I personall don't see the problem or how it can possible effect people. It isn't covering anything up, or taking up space used by anything useful. It is only taking up the area that was a MA picture, which took up a fair amount of space. From a pure business standpoint, thats a hell of a lot of space that can be used for advertising and some nice extra income.

This.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20