New massive advertisement on Runescape homepage.

forestfrolic

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why don't they have a separate members homepage i hate paying to see GI-joe and lowes

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

I personall don't see the problem or how it can possible effect people. It isn't covering anything up, or taking up space used by anything useful. It is only taking up the area that was a MA picture, which took up a fair amount of space. From a pure business standpoint, thats a hell of a lot of space that can be used for advertising and some nice extra income.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Basically, it's not effecting the game at all, popups are far worse screaming hello, or that annoying buzzing fly I had to go through 20 tabs to find the thing to squat it.

also it's not a popup video like other sites have, it's just extra revenue for Jagex, if it helps them employ extra staff or put up extra worlds i'm all for it.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Weird. I just went to the main page and I'm not getting that at all (I didn't get the Wolverine pop-up either btw). I just see the regular background.

Where are you (geographically, I mean)? Maybe they're only doing it in certain places/countries.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Weird. I just went to the main page and I'm not getting that at all (I didn't get the Wolverine pop-up either btw). I just see the regular background.

Where are you (geographically, I mean)? Maybe they're only doing it in certain places/countries.

I have cleared my cache, still can't see it don't want to get rid of my cookies because they sound so tasty

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I'm only getting it on the sides, but no distortion of the main page or anything.

Maybe while it was loading your computer sneezed?

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Looks cook imo, I don't see why people are making a huge deal out of it. It's not like the ads are taking up room that was used for something important, all it held was little drawings of the new updates. Good move by Jagex, they probably got a crapload of money from this considering it takes a giant amount of space on a website viewed by hundreds of thousands per day. And for people who aren't seeing the image, I'm in the US so maybe it could be US-only advertising.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

in the world of internet advertising, it could be worse. MUCH worse.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Looks cook imo, I don't see why people are making a huge deal out of it. It's not like the ads are taking up room that was used for something important, all it held was little drawings of the new updates. Good move by Jagex, they probably got a crapload of money from this considering it takes a giant amount of space on a website viewed by hundreds of thousands per day. And for people who aren't seeing the image, I'm in the US so maybe it could be US-only advertising.

Technically, it's just the one person making a big deal about it. The rest of us are saying "we don't care."

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

They probably got paid well to do it.
QFT. I personally don't like it, but hey, it makes them money. Seeing as how I'm not on the homepage for more than 2-3 seconds at a time, I really don't care too much.
Etecoon.png

Can someone explain how to clear are cache.

The only problem I have with this a single Jagex Mod won't tell us why its there and the fact I don't want a moderntime thing on a medievil like game. -.-

Also Mechscape hint. ::'

Edit:Not firefox.