Your views on file sharing and piracy

jasignhagj

Eh, it'll probably catch up to you eventually. Go steal from wal mart if you have to steal. Or some store like that. Half the time employees wouldn't even care.

Bull-[cabbage]. If one of the detectors go off, the people standing at the front will automatically treat you like you are a criminal.

HELL no. The detectors at the mall go off on you whenever you have any merchandise from GameStop. If you have a GameStop bag the people just wave you on and go back to reading a magazine.

I used to shoplift little things, might do it again. Like the other guy, I don't want praise, I just do it. It's almost instinctive for me.

From what I heard employees at a place like wal-mart don't even have the right to go stop you if you just walk out and the detector beeps. It's sort of sad really.

They do, my friend used to steal Airsoft BB's by going to the bathroom and pouring them into a zip-lock, one time an employee was in the bathroom and he got stoped and they cornered him in the vending machine area. :shock: He got away though but he did get his shirt riped. :lol:

He could have pressed charges. That's how [bleep]ed america is.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stealing is a strong word there, buddy. Sure, nobody is getting money from it, but nobody is actually losing anything. It's as if the pirate would never have bought it anyway, no harm is actually done to anyone.

Then how come U2 is selling concert tickets for $300 per person? To make up some of their losses from pirating, that's why. I used to be indifferent regarding pirating, but $300 to see Muse (opening for U2) is just plain ridiculous.

Risk going to jail for stealing U2 songs? At least make it worth stealing.. :roll:

Signature_FFVIIAC_Cloud.png

Toxicity02.png__

I'd be willing to bet that the fall in U2 song purchases is due to a lack of interest period. And they're selling tickets for that much because they can, and using pirating as an excuse.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

He could have pressed charges. That's how [bleep] america is.

You have rights to defend yourself right? We have none. Point a gun at me and turn the safety off and I can't knock you out in defence. #-o

Also, our laws make us perfect for complete Government control, too bad the Government are too stupid. They banned fireworks in Canberra (nation capitol, where parliament is) they now have angry people with matches.

Australia is [bleep]ed up. We are the convict country, and guns are harder to obtain than hardcore drugs.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

He could have pressed charges. That's how [bleep] america is.

You have rights to defend yourself right? We have none. Point a gun at me and turn the safety off and I can't knock you out in defence. #-o

Also, our laws make us perfect for complete Government control, too bad the Government are too stupid. They banned fireworks in Canberra (nation capitol, where parliament is) they now have angry people with matches.

Australia is [bleep] up. We are the convict country, and guns are harder to obtain than hardcore drugs.

It's sort of like when two people have a fist fight at a young age. Only the winner is punished.

Stealing is a strong word there, buddy. Sure, nobody is getting money from it, but nobody is actually losing anything. It's as if the pirate would never have bought it anyway, no harm is actually done to anyone.

Then how come U2 is selling concert tickets for $300 per person? To make up some of their losses from pirating, that's why. I used to be indifferent regarding pirating, but $300 to see Muse (opening for U2) is just plain ridiculous.

Risk going to jail for stealing U2 songs? At least make it worth stealing.. :roll:

The piracy excuse is lame, Bono is just a money-hungry bastard which is why he charges such insane prices on tickets. And U2 is horrible as a band, but I can't help the tastes of others. But that's for another thread entirely. And as far as I know, no one has actually gotten arrested for piracy, let alone charged.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

• 2 weeks later...

The Sony HQ in Mexico was raided by police recently, for selling an album they didn't have the rights to sell. :o

What happened was this singer had a contract with Sony Music to produce 7 albums, after which his contract expired and he moved over with Universal. Sony Music later got some songs that didn't make it to his albums and started selling it as a new CD. The police took 6000 copies of the CD and the master recordings.

What's the maximum penalty per song from Gross Commercial Copyright Infringement? The way I see it Universal will probably have the rights to sell those songs, and will press to have Sony Music fined the maximum about as possible. They will probably do it anyway to bring down Sony Music.

What was that you said about piracy and filesharing being bad, Sony?

I'd provide a link to it, but the site I read it from is blocked at TAFE. :cry:

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/6165994/Blur-and-Radiohead-join-forces-to-battle-Government-over-proposed-piracy-laws.html

Blur and Radiohead are among a host of bands calling on the Government to abandon proposals to cut off the internet connections of people who illegally download music.

They said plans announced by Lord Mandelson, the Business Secretary, to suspend the internet accounts of those who engage in filesharing will criminalise a whole generation of their fans.

The Featured Artists Coalition (FAC), a new group set up to represent the interests of recording artists, which also includes musicians from Pink Floyd, argued that despite the damage that file sharing does to sales of their records, it can also encourage people to buy concert tickets and merchandise.

Ed OBrien, the Radiohead guitarist, said: My generation grew up with the point of view that you pay for your music. Every generation has a different method.

"File sharing is like a sampler, like taping your mates music. You go, I like that, Ill go and buy the album. Or, you know what, Ill go and see them live. Whats going on is a huge paradigm shift.

Dave Rowntree, the drummer with Blur, added: The fact that file sharing goes on, and is as popular as it is, is an incredibly positive thing for the music industry. The fact is that music is so popular that people are willing to break the law to get it."

The musicians said they believed that file sharing is bringing their music to the internet generation who have not been brought up listening to the radio.

Nick Mason, drummer with Pink Floyd, said: The last thing we want to be doing is going to war with our fan base. File sharing means a new generation of fans for us."

But Geoff Taylor, chief executive of the British Phonographic Industry, said: We could hardly have more legal download services than we already do, and they have not eliminated piracy. It is the peer-to-peer downloading that is holding back investment in more services.

What Government is proposing in the temporary suspension of accounts as a last resort is a set of measures that are proportional and balanced.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I disagree. Charging $300 per person may be to make up for piracy, but I think they're probably just doing it because people will still buy and they get more money. They're doing it because they can.

Of course, the only way to truly know would be to ask U2.. But there you go.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche