stop asking Jagex to raise the max HP, ITS STUPID (not rant)

Dirkmetal

I am tired of players asking for Jagex to raise the max HP in Runescape, you and I both know that this will not work with the leveling system.

The problem is the that players max hit are becoming to high for 99 HP

Many people only focus on the second half of this: the HP cap being 99.

However there is a small group of players that do look at the first part of the problem: players max hit being to high.

The first group wants to raise the max HP, but this hold many problems, for example the amount of exp it takes to raise levels above 99.

The second group wants either to A: Lower all weapons strength levels, or B: Change the defense skill so it reduces max hit instead of negating damage. The problem with A is that it would ruin player versus monster. The problem with B is that people think of defense like its dodging skill, when in fact more of a guarding skill. since they think that dodging does not fit well with the name defense they want to chnge it so that it decreases max hit instead.

The best solution to this problem is obvious (well not that obvious because many people want to raise the max HP :roll:):

Make a new skill that lowers max hit! It's so simple: It solves the fact that players are hitting to high, and there is little room for stronger weapons, also it ends this dry spell of no new skill that we've been having.

It could be Free to play also (not that they need it fight being as slow as they are already there).

Jagex said that they are making a new skill that is going to change gameplay. They said that the new skill will be F2P, if this is not what that skill is like I will cry.

Oh and one more thing, stop asking for Jagex to: "Raise teh max HP pl0xerz?", ask them to release this as a skill, both do the same thing, but this works far better.

*edit*

Before you think that this is on the wrong board, please notice that this is a rant/suggestion/prediction/Max HP discussion, so it don't fit in rant, or in suggestions

Prism_Swords.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say instead of making a new skill or raising hp limit, just keep it the same, if it ain't broken don't fix it.

Its not broken yet, all my idea does is make more room for future content expanding the life span of Runescape.

Prism_Swords.png

Raising hp is stupid, but making a new skill is much worse. For one, what would it be called? (No sarcastic name here, sorry) On top of that, how would you train it? Since you can't change an attack style to that, it would have to be like hit points, where it gains xp, with every hit. That however, doesn't make sense, since your training this "dodging skill" by hitting things over again? Then, if you trained it by damage taken, people would just camp monsters that do large hits, or small constant hits.

I say that defense needs to be changed to reduce damage, basically the opposite of attack. That way, people would actually have a reason to trian the skill.

S2buxtG.png

You're predicting the new skill lowers the hits of other players?

They mentioned it has NEVER been done before in other games, and there's a skill for that already, it's called defence ;)

And isn't dodging really just agility anyway?

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Why is everyone under the impression that I'm talking about a dodging skill?

Is it because made a statement that the Defense skill as it is now is a Blocking skill. (if you block the attack you negate all damage). I just said that to show how the word Defense was not as out of place as people made it seem.

I know I'm bad at wording things but, umm. Anyways I'm talking about a new skill that will lower max hit, not a dodging skill.

If you want me to name it then I guess you can call it Stamina, or Endurance.

Prism_Swords.png

Defense just needs to be made more useful in PvE.

That, and Attack and Strength should be combined into just 'Melee', but I know that'll never happen, and it isn't particularly related to this anyway.

Items like the Divine Spirit Shield need to be released in a way that they don't reach prices to where the average player will never see one in their entire RuneScape life.

Oh, also, where are all of you getting this about another upcoming skill?

2dgucz6.png

It wouldn't ruin Player Vs Monsters. In practically every other MMO I've played, the mechanics for fighting players and monsters were much different. I hit much better on monsters than players in these other MMOs, I don't see why Runescape can't differentiate the mechanics.

Jagex said that they are making a new skill that is going to change gameplay. They said that the new skill will be F2P if this is not what that skill is like I will cry.

How will sailing help with damage you receive? emot-frogc00l.gif

This is a rant.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Defense just needs to be made more useful in PvE.

That, and Attack and Strength should be combined into just 'Melee', but I know that'll never happen, and it isn't particularly related to this anyway.

Items like the Divine Spirit Shield need to be released in a way that they don't reach prices to where the average player will never see one in their entire RuneScape life.

Oh, also, where are all of you getting this about another upcoming skill?

I think it was mentioned in a past Q&A I don't remember which one though.

Prism_Swords.png

I like the idea of unlocking more hp levels by completing grandmaster level quests. For example, after doing a quest, you can get either a 100k xp lamp or 4 more hp points.

More spirit Armour would be cool. Elysian Plate would be like 800m.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

It wouldn't ruin Player Vs Monsters. In practically every other MMO I've played, the mechanics for fighting players and monsters were much different. I hit much better on monsters than players in these other MMOs, I don't see why Runescape can't differentiate the mechanics.

Jagex said that they are making a new skill that is going to change gameplay. They said that the new skill will be F2P if this is not what that skill is like I will cry.

How will sailing help with damage you receive? emot-frogc00l.gif

This is a rant.

Sailing increases the chance of poison (scurvy) and another way to fire c balls, it doesn't help this hp problem at all. :|

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

The easiest way for them to raise the HP cap if they ever need to would be to make one HP level worth more than one HP. Say 1.5x for 150hp etc.

However it's not quite at that stage yet.

I was thinking the same thing before I posted earlier, but it's as you said: That's the easiest way; not the best.

2dgucz6.png

WHY NOT JUST MAKE A SPELL THAT TEMPORARILY REDUCES YOUR OPPONENT'S MAX HIT (whatever factors contribute to that)...? "OmG MAcik is S0 Over POwerd."

:roll: Perhaps lower your opponent's strength bonus by a few notches? "Useable every 5 minutes" or something, so players can't spam that to the point where their 99 str opponent can't even hit a 1?

Just a suggestion, but I think it beats making an entirely new skill.

"Raise teh max HP pl0xerz?"

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I say instead of making a new skill or raising hp limit, just keep it the same, if it ain't broken don't fix it.

jagex does not seem to understand this concept

Are you saying that I should work a Jamtax?

*edit*

Did I just spam my own thread? :shock:

I must be getting tired.

Prism_Swords.png

Hp Boosting gear is another possiblity, such as the spirit shields, special armours that give +10 hp whilst worn.

Too bad Jagex would end up screwing it up by making the armor way too rare and expensive for average players to use.

maybe new minigame

35hedkh.jpg

Hp Boosting gear is another possiblity, such as the spirit shields, special armours that give +10 hp whilst worn.

Too bad Jagex would end up screwing it up by making the armor way too rare and expensive for average players to use.

maybe new minigame

Minigames seem to be the easy way out for Jagex. They always use minigames to fix something; such as instead of making skills less of a grind they brought out SC, while they could of updated the skills themselves.

How about updating the monster drop system so that certain special drops aren't all about luck, then bring out these said new items, make them untradable and then we have it fixed.

Stellactic.gif

maybe new minigame

Minigames seem to be the easy way out for Jagex. They always use minigames to fix something; such as instead of making skills less of a grind they brought out SC, while they could of updated the skills themselves.

How about updating the monster drop system so that certain special drops aren't all about luck, then bring out these said new items, make them untradable and then we have it fixed.

and make them in a new quest \'

35hedkh.jpg

Logical solution is to cut max hits and monster hp in half (rounded up of course) to leave room for future expansion. That way PVM stays exactly the same, the best weapons are still the best weapons, there is plenty of room for updates and the pkers were going to whinge anyway!

SoLawny.png