Jagex, thanks for letting me down

Zierro

It's true. Jagex sucks.

I only ask of one trifling thing from this atrocious company. I'm not asking for much at all. I've been yearning a crappy update from Jagex for the longest time now - I want them to give me an update that's worth ranting about, in RSOF that is. In other words, I want the ability to rant on their forum that they created specifically for ranting. But never do I get this. Every day I wake up and go to the update page. I always leave with a disappointed grimace on my face. None of the updates are ever worth ranting about. It's like Jagex purposely gives players what they don't want!

Why do you guys think Jagex is so opposed to pleasing their players?

Unfortunately, I still gotta have this in here since not everyone knows me and they might not catch the sarcasm. Yeah, so my proposition here is that it isn't Jagex that sucks for not making you people happy - it's you for requiring them to fulfill every last one of your ridiculously unreasonable demands. No matter what, you can always turn Jagex into the bad guy because it's impossible for an update to make every single person happy. And even if there's nothing to complain about, that won't stop people from complaining anyway (as this thread shows). So lay off the Anti-Jagex crap, irrational noobs.

Why do you people try so hard to convince yourselves that anybody who has a problem with one of Jagex's updates must be a brainwashed anti-Jagex Nazi?

People want updates. OMFG R U SRS?!?!

Obviously if Jagex comes with piss poor updates like MA people are going to complain. That doesn't mean a simple case of no more updates ever is going to solve it, of course people are going to complain about that. Some of us just want a decent amount of decent updates from Jagex. Not spectacular, and not every day. Is that really too much to ask? Obviously every update isn't going to make everyone happy, that's a given. I personally can't stand castle wars, but I know lots of other players enjoy it so I say fair enough and don't comment on it.

I don't look for ways to bash Jagex. I've been playing this game since I was a child, and I'm nearly 20 now. i've been a loyal customer of Jagex for a long time, longer than any other product. But when I see the sorry state Jagex is in now, and the quite frankly crap updates they're coming out with, yes, I'm going to complain. I'm not too bothered by the lack of updates tbh, but i can understand why other people are.

So, please, take your head out of your arse and take a look around. If people are complaining about jagex, chances are there's a reason for it. I'm pretty sure you're under the impression rainbows fly out of 2/3rds of Jagex's orifices, and i'm sorry to have to be the one who breaks the news to you.

They don't.

Zerker_jane.png

OMFG ZIERRO DONT U DARE MOCK JAGES THEY ARE THE MAN.

You really should do what 3hitm4g3u says and get your head out of your arse.

*giggles*

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

3hit, I'm talking about the people who have anti-Jagex crap in their sigs, makes up conspiracies, makes their freaking username something that's anti-Jagex - those kinds of people. The people who make a religion out of hating a gaming company. I'm not talking about an average person that just feels like making a legit rant.

So um, yeah, who has their head up their arse now? :shame:

So, please, take your head out of your arse and take a look around. If people are complaining about jagex, chances are there's a reason for it. I'm pretty sure you're under the impression rainbows fly out of 2/3rds of Jagex's orifices, and i'm sorry to have to be the one who breaks the news to you.

Why do you try so hard to convince yourself that anyone who defends Jagex at all automatically must think that they're some infallible gods with rainbow gas emitting from their pores? You see the hypocrisy here?

I never claimed to even like Jagex. I'm pretty much middle-ground when it comes to liking or disliking them. But from what I see here on these forums, people have been known to go way overboard about publicizing how much they detest a gaming company, on a fansite. I don't have to like Jagex in order to point out how ridiculous that is, so you can quit attempting to insult me in a creative manner. On second thought, it's quite entertaining. Tell me, do I also feed Jagex grapes and give them back massages while simultaneously fanning them with a leaf?

It's true. Jagex sucks.

I only ask of one trifling thing from this atrocious company. I'm not asking for much at all. I've been yearning a crappy update from Jagex for the longest time now - I want them to give me an update that's worth ranting about, in RSOF that is. In other words, I want the ability to rant on their forum that they created specifically for ranting. But never do I get this. Every day I wake up and go to the update page. I always leave with a disappointed grimace on my face. None of the updates are ever worth ranting about. It's like Jagex purposely gives players what they don't want!

Unfortunately, I still gotta have this in here since not everyone knows me and they might not catch the sarcasm. Yeah, so my proposition here is that it isn't Jagex that sucks for not making you people happy - it's you for requiring them to fulfill every last one of your ridiculously unreasonable demands. No matter what, you can always turn Jagex into the bad guy because it's impossible for an update to make every single person happy. And even if there's nothing to complain about, that won't stop people from complaining anyway (as this thread shows). So lay off the Anti-Jagex crap, irrational noobs.

Rofl, nice troll. 8.5/10 =D>

I was wondering why I could feel some sarcasm.

Might want to put disclaimers in 0.5 font when you're being sarcastic :lol: .

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

3hit, I'm talking about the people who have anti-Jagex crap in their sigs, makes up conspiracies, makes their freaking username something that's anti-Jagex - those kinds of people. The people who make a religion out of hating a gaming company. I'm not talking about an average person that just feels like making a legit rant.

Most people are just making legit rants. Then you get the Jagex fanboys (easily more than half the forum) climbing over each other to be the first one to say "omg dun like it dun play"; and while i'm sure Jagex appreciates people telling their customers to stop playing, that isn't a legitimate solution to the many faults Jagex has currently created. Most people who're complaining alot are just trying to get other people to realise that there have been alot of faults lately.

Why do you try so hard to convince yourself that anyone who defends Jagex at all automatically must think that they're some infallible gods with rainbow gas emitting from their pores? You see the hypocrisy here?

I'm just calling it as I see it. There are tons of people just like that on this forum, and unfortunately majority rules.

I never claimed to even like Jagex. I'm pretty much middle-ground when it comes to liking or disliking them. But from what I see here on these forums, people have been known to go way overboard about publicizing how much they detest a gaming company, on a fansite. I don't have to like Jagex in order to point out how ridiculous that is, so you can quit attempting to insult me in a creative manner. On second thought, it's quite entertaining. Tell me, do I also feed Jagex grapes and give them back massages while simultaneously fanning them with a leaf?

Overboard? it's no secret that Jagex has taken a huge dive in quality lately; why wouldn't the real fans detest this? As long as they show the Logic and reasoning behind their arguments, I think it's a good thing that these people are spreading the word tbh. I'm not saying it would definately change something, but the more people who see it, the better.

and I must say; you painted the picture of the average Tifer rather accurately.

Zerker_jane.png

No, the average poster would have noted something along the lines of the following:

"Lol, my lvl 90 combat familiar could kick your [wagon] in 1v1."

And in terms of logic, Zeirro had a sarcastic rant that was quite legitimate.

He made an observation: People complain.

He made a hypothesis: People will always complain about updates, regardless of quality.

He made an experiment: look at rsof or rants forums after each update.

He made a conclusion: there will always be complaining.

He published his conclusion, albeit in a sarcastic way.

I believe that's the scientific method. If you want to get into nitty-gritty details, then I could go a step further and say you are the one at fault, sir.

Ad hominem argument is most commonly used to refer specifically to the ad hominem abusive, or argumentum ad personam, which consists of criticizing or attacking the person who proposed the argument in an attempt to discredit the argument. It is also used when an opponent is unable to find fault with an argument, yet for various reasons, the opponent disagrees with it.

I believe "Sticking your head up your arse" is ad hominem, wouldn't you agree?

Granted, it's not a falacy like other flaws, but ad hominem is the equivalent of stating the sky is blue in a discussion about taxes; it's useless and makes you look like an idiot. That's why it's not nice (nor practical) to flame on a forum unless you don't mind making yourself look like a fool.

It also hinders you from making friends, unfortunately :cry: .

And in terms of logic, Zeirro had a sarcastic rant that was quite legitimate.

He made an observation: People complain.

He made a hypothesis: People will always complain about updates, regardless of quality.

He made an experiment: look at rsof or rants forums after each update.

He made a conclusion: there will always be complaining.

He published his conclusion, albeit in a sarcastic way.

Yet he failed to investigate WHY people complain, which is a key component. If Jagex are bringing out crappy updates, people are going to complain. if Jagex are bringing out no updates, people are going to complain. This is common sense. He did nothing but remark and then procede to mock this, you're looking into it way too much.

Ad hominem argument is most commonly used to refer specifically to the ad hominem abusive, or argumentum ad personam, which consists of criticizing or attacking the person who proposed the argument in an attempt to discredit the argument. It is also used when an opponent is unable to find fault with an argument, yet for various reasons, the opponent disagrees with it.

I believe "Sticking your head up your arse" is ad hominem, wouldn't you agree?

Granted, it's not a falacy like other flaws, but ad hominem is the equivalent of stating the sky is blue in a discussion about taxes; it's useless and makes you look like an idiot. That's why it's not nice (nor practical) to flame on a forum unless you don't mind making yourself look like a fool.

It also hinders you from making friends, unfortunately :cry: .

No, I'm afraid I wouldn't agree, at least not in the context I used it. I didn't use it to discredit his argument or even to insult him, merely to emphasize my point, so the rest of what you said there is irrelevant. It's more like bringing up George Bush while making a point in a discussion about obamas policies.

Zerker_jane.png

Oh, soz 3hit, I misread your post and thought you were defending jagex's reasons for not updating, not defending the complainers (which is completely legitimate). My bad, I answered the wrong statement #-o .

Now that I'm up to speed, I can write a better response.

*ehem*

If people are going to complain no matter what the action; positive, negative, or neutral; then how could you possibly know if the complainers were "OMFG, drak bowes shud fire for arroes, not twoz" or "D claws are Op (before the nerf) because of XYZ"?

Let me answer that one: by essay value. A well-written rant is usually the product of a good, logical rant. A rant that is grammatically perfect, clear, and concise has a lot of work put into it. Therefore, the author has ample amount of time to really think through their points, like on a school essay.

However, a well-written rant =/= a logical rant or legitimate rant. Take for example the eatrunearrow rant on the TIF. It is a very well written but sadly flawed and heavily biased rant that is more whining (albeit mature whining if that's possible) than it is legitimate. In contrast, a fully legitimate rant could be four lines long like "We need more room space for construction."

So how do you tell when the complainers are just whining for the hell of it or for OP updates, or when the person is ranting for a perfectly reasonable update? Read every single rant? That's impossible in a short period of time. Blanket statements maybe unfair for some, but they sure are damn useful.

Most people are just making legit rants. Then you get the Jagex fanboys (easily more than half the forum) climbing over each other to be the first one to say "omg dun like it dun play"

Where did you get those statistics? The majority of people are not Jagex fanboys. You assumed that I was one right off the bat, so I had to clarify that I wasn't. That says a little something about your argument that most users are fanboys. You just assume they are.

As for legit rants, I don't think that the majority of rants on this forum are legit, but that's a different can of worms. I'm talking about the militant Anti-Jagex mentality in general, not just limited to rants. That is what this thread is about.

I'm just calling it as I see it. There are tons of people just like that on this forum, and unfortunately majority rules.

The fanboys you're speaking about are merely a symptom of the Anti-Jagex mentality. There has been an era where the fanboys you speak of were outnumbered by the Jagex haters. But I agree that it is a much more prevalent attitude than it was a few years ago. I guess more people are just catching on.

Overboard?

So making your username on a fansite something along the lines of, "Jagex sucks" is not overboard? It's a completely reasonable thing to do? :?

it's no secret that Jagex has taken a huge dive in quality lately; why wouldn't the real fans detest this? As long as they show the Logic and reasoning behind their arguments, I think it's a good thing that these people are spreading the word tbh. I'm not saying it would definately change something, but the more people who see it, the better.

And what does "logic and reasoning" constitute as? Complaining that you'd rather have your PKing at the cost of ruining the game instead of having a game at all? I don't see what's so logical about that.

Now you're calling me an average TIFer. Tsk tsk. :shame:

It's true. Jagex sucks.

I laughed harder then I have ever laughed. At first I was like, who is this idiot ranting about having nothing to rant about yet still ranting about something, and then I see a respectable member of the community and read the little print and laughed some more.

When I die, I want the head of Jagex to put my grave in the ground.

That way he can let me down one last time.

And when I die I hope I don't remember this silly little computer game that some people act like is their life.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

When I die, I want the head of Jagex to put my grave in the ground.

That way he can let me down one last time.

And when I die I hope I don't remember this silly little computer game that some people act like is their life.

'Twas sarcasm

JacTheRipper.png

Most people are just making legit rants. Then you get the Jagex fanboys (easily more than half the forum) climbing over each other to be the first one to say "omg dun like it dun play"

Where did you get those statistics? The majority of people are not Jagex fanboys. You assumed that I was one right off the bat, so I had to clarify that I wasn't. That says a little something about your argument that most users are fanboys. You just assume they are.

Take a look around general discussion and rants. Any time somebody has a problem with the way the game works, that and various variations are usually the first solutions presented. Repeatedly.

I assumed you were a Jagex fanboy because you're mocking the complainers when they actually have a legitimate reason to complain. That reeks of fanboy to me. And would that not constitute as ad hominem?

As for legit rants, I don't think that the majority of rants on this forum are legit, but that's a different can of worms. I'm talking about the militant Anti-Jagex mentality in general, not just limited to rants. That is what this thread is about.

There's a lot of bad rants on the rants forum. I'm talking about the 'rants' behind the Anti-Jagex mentality. The things they have a problem with.

So making your username on a fansite something along the lines of, "Jagex sucks" is not overboard? It's a completely reasonable thing to do? :?

I haven't seen said username. That is quite excessive though.

And what does "logic and reasoning" constitute as? Complaining that you'd rather have your PKing at the cost of ruining the game instead of having a game at all? I don't see what's so logical about that.

Where did you see me say that was a logical argument?

Now you're calling me an average TIFer. Tsk tsk. :shame:

Well, I don't think you actually give Jagex back massages whilst feeding them grapes as that job is reserved for quelmotz.

Zerker_jane.png

I don't agree with their current leadership and the decisions he has made. As a simple player, I cann't change it no matter what I do. Hence the first part of my sig.

Second, the particular issue I take with them is this Upgrade year. I don't like it. I'm also a big fan of the movie Idiocracy, so that's why I spell it Upgrayedd.

The third part is just who I am.

I'm not anti-Jagex, I'm not anti Runescape. I simply have a different view of things than they do and do not shy away from vocalizing it.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I laughed harder then I have ever laughed. At first I was like, who is this idiot ranting about having nothing to rant about yet still ranting about something, and then I see a respectable member of the community and read the little print and laughed some more.

Yeah that's a flaw I realized too, but I decided my biggest priority here was to make a point instead of being consistent. Besides, the dumber and more illogical I sounded in the large print, the better. :P

Take a look around general discussion and rants. Any time somebody has a problem with the way the game works, that and various variations are usually the first solutions presented. Repeatedly.

Unrealistic solutions that only aim to benefit the ranter, as opposed to the community as a whole. Those aren't legit rants. You're giving the average ranter wayyy too much credit.

I assumed you were a Jagex fanboy because you're mocking the complainers when they actually have a legitimate reason to complain. That reeks of fanboy to me. And would that not constitute as ad hominem?

Even if they do have a legitimate reason (which is highly debatable but I'll let it slide for the sake of the argument), the way they are going about it is what irks me the most, and is the sole reason why this thread was created. Like I said, it's the entire Anti-Jagex campaign I'm ranting about, not just someone who finds a flaw in an update and wants to complain about it. Complaining about the game and the company are two entirely different things. When you complain about the game, this is an at least somewhat productive method of getting things done. When you complain about the people behind the updates, it's nothing short of the greatest ad hominem the universe has ever witnessed.

You're making arguments against me. I don't happen to like your arguments. Instead of making posts dedicated to insulting your intelligence and telling you that you suck, I chose the path of a logical discussion. This actually achieves something, whereas making a whole campaign against you does nothing except show how ridiculous I am. It's like a boomerang. This is exactly what the Anti-Jagex mentality is.

I haven't seen said username. That is quite excessive though.

Neither have I, which is why I added, "along the lines of". I'm glad we agree with this though.

nice fail. if you dont like jagex dont play runescape, obviously they care about their players (most of which who pay) who play runescape. they are working on mechscape right now, and with funorb as well they have quite a workload. maybe you should run 2 MMO's at the same time, and a game site, and try to please everyone.

I have lived my life to the best of my ability, but I have not been able to escape fate, anger, or pain.

Bring me the answers, and the road that leads to truth, reveal to me once and for all, how all of this will end.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.

nice fail. if you dont like jagex dont play runescape, obviously they care about their players (most of which who pay) who play runescape. they are working on mechscape right now, and with funorb as well they have quite a workload. maybe you should run 2 MMO's at the same time, and a game site, and try to please everyone.

I don't know what it is about you, but somehow you convinced me. I'll be sure to take it easy on Jagex from now on. ;)

jagex has better things to do then listen to kids ranting about the dumbest stuff on forums, they have a life you kno unlike others.

100925185951.png

3144j6q.png

3 Years Strong<3

PM TheHitman|Will in #downfall at swiftirc if your interested in a fight against Downfall Clan

jagex has better things to do then listen to kids ranting about the dumbest stuff on forums, they have a life you kno unlike others.

I don't think them having a life has anything to do with it. It's their jobs... :|

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

@Zierro: I like you. Your rant is full of win and glory.

What are you on?

Its there job to listen to our ramblings.

What are you on?

It's Jagex's job to listen to constructive feedback which they can use to improve their game and future projects, not to put up with angsty teens just [bleep]ing and moaning about the most inane stuff.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Would you be referring to barely literate 8 year olds such as yourself? If you're going to talk about getting a life, best to "kno" what you're talking about.

emot-smugdog.gif

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png