Is the quality of food declining?

Zierro

i found what looked like a fried roach in mine 7 years ago while on a road trip and swore off the place!

Guess it really is authentic Mexican food after all. ::'

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i found what looked like a fried roach in mine 7 years ago while on a road trip and swore off the place!

i've been back for the sweet twists now and then though.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

-sigh-

As for Taco Bell being low quality, I can tell you, from an insider's POV that yes, it is crap. The beef is about 20% beef, and that's being generous. The rest is oats, water, and spices. All of the meat they use comes precooked, frozen, and in little plastic baggies that they stick in water for half an hour.

This is why I no longer eat Taco Bell. And if I do ever get the urge, it's a cheese quesadilla and a 7-layer burrito. But I haven't been there in like 3 years.

You just love making Mexican jokes, eh?

Taste is objective?
you cannot define taste into a measurable quantity, What i enjoy you might not and what you enjoy, I may not.

That's "subjective", actually. Just felt the need to point that out. Objective is when it can have a measurable quality, and doesn't depend on interpreter opinions (also why cheerleading and gymnastics are not technically sports, but that's a story for another time).

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Welll I know that the actual quality of the food is going down, but in my opinion taste is still alive and kickin'. I LOVE the direction fast food is going with these $1 menus, awesome food for cheap as hell. I could practicly live off McChickens(Try them with McDonalds buffalo sauce and you will cry tears of joy). Not to mention I can get full at Taco Bell for like $2.50. But yeah I know it's all unhealthy as anything could ever be, but I still love the taste. :thumbsup:

you cannot define taste into a measurable quantity, What i enjoy you might not and what you enjoy, I may not.

Like Lenin said, you got subjective and objective mixed up.

Yeah, but so far it seems to be your and your buddies who have noticed the decline in a cheap fast food chain - could be a change in management or something to that chain. For scientific data you would need a large sampling of a variety of people nation wide - not off topic of a fansite who has users known to [bleep] and moan about everything jagex does.

Firstly, I tend to defend Jagex when I see someone complaining about the RWT updates and whatnot.

Secondly, you're missing the entire purpose of this thread. The whole reason I made this thread was to get this large sampling you're talking about, so I can verify if it's true or not - that's why I'm asking the question on an internet forum. I'm getting responses from different people around the country and globe.

Again one taco bell fan out of how many? You could be psychologically bored of taco hell and want change - so could your friends.

You are still buying cheap quality food - Economically food costs have risen over the years - meaning for taco bell to still offer the 99 cent tacos and burritos - something has to give - a major reason they use rice much more now - it's cheap. It's the lowest end mexican fast food (And maybe fast food) restaurant on the market .

I find these quotes quite contradictory. You're telling me that we all just psychologically think things are changing and that it's a coincidence, then you go on to tell me why the quality has been declining...? Or maybe I'm misinterpreting what you meant.

I've noticed that the quality of service from restaurants/fast food joints has decreased. The sandwiches have become smaller. The companies don't even bother putting their logos on napkins anymore. Condiments upon request only, etc.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

The last McDonalds I had didn't taste great, neither did the last BK.

Not noticed much of a change in frozen foods, although there is a slight lack of taste in them compared to the past.

The reason is the anti-crap campaigns. They make them reduce the fat, sugar and salt in foods by a considerable amount. There not even seasoning stuff right as its unhealthly.

It pees me off as I'm underweight and they keep reducing the fat in the foods I eat and then complain I need to put on weight.

Come on if a obese persona can't control what there eating why take it out on the rest of us. Its the obese persons issue not mine.

You can put on/ lose weight eating either healthy food or junk food you know... its the quantity, if calories in > calories out then you gain weight, if calories out > calories in you lose weight. It's not the weight which is the reason they took a lot of the crap out, it's how unhealthy it is for you.

The last McDonalds I had didn't taste great, neither did the last BK.

Not noticed much of a change in frozen foods, although there is a slight lack of taste in them compared to the past.

The reason is the anti-crap campaigns. They make them reduce the fat, sugar and salt in foods by a considerable amount. There not even seasoning stuff right as its unhealthly.

It pees me off as I'm underweight and they keep reducing the fat in the foods I eat and then complain I need to put on weight.

Come on if a obese persona can't control what there eating why take it out on the rest of us. Its the obese persons issue not mine.

You can put on/ lose weight eating either healthy food or junk food you know... its the quantity, if calories in > calories out then you gain weight, if calories out > calories in you lose weight. It's not the weight which is the reason they took a lot of the crap out, it's how unhealthy it is for you.

Yes more calories = more unhealthly.

So by reducing the calories they increase the amount of food you need to consume. In effect meaning to gain weight with the newer more healthly versions (you can't get hold of the old full fat ones as its a recipe change not a new product) you'd have to eat more food. But wait your still eating the same size of meal therefore you feel full from the same sized meal even though it has less calories.

Like I said making it harder for me to put on weight.

For example if item x used to contain 500 calories per portion and I felt full after 2 portions then I would consume 1000 calories when I was full.

Now item x has reduced the fat/calorie content by 20% so to get the same amount of calories I would have to consume 2.5 portions. But I can't consume the extra half a portion as I feel full.

In effect I'm losing 20% of my calorie in take.

Just like I said by reducing the fat in the foods there making it much harder to gain weight without drastically changing things. This is all down to people not understanding, when you feel full stop eating.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Man. I guess you guys in the states run around eating fast food 4 days a week and the rest you eat "healthy" canned food. What the hell, seriously! :? Get some real food from a place that actually doesn't suck and I'm sure you'll realize it's not declining. At all.

Wexexx.png

Wexexx.png