Is the quality of food declining?

Zierro

Maybe we're just being paranoid, but my friends and I think we've been noticing this. Slim Jims have a chewier texture. Doritos have less flavoring on them. Hotpockets taste horrible. Taco Bell tacos are disgusting now. Even plain white bread has a different taste (or lack of one) to it.

Has anyone else noticed a pattern? Are companies putting less love into their food to combat the recession? What's going on?!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd honestly say that most foods have been tasting worse recently for me aswell. Oh, and tacobell always tasted horrible ;)

Crunch Wraps are delicious though.

Isn't it because as you get older your sense of taste starts to go? That might be why older people like foods that we hated as children.

The only thing that hasn't lost it's taste to me is BBQ sauce. Good ol' BBQ sauce!

Also all the things you've mentioned, Hot Pockets, Taco Bell, and Slim Jims, have always been bad.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I prefer to cook my own food and eat lots of whole grains. My food is tasty and my bowels are firm. Eating healthy means eating freaking tasty.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Meh. I was thinking about that eating popcorn. All about the money. Although to be honest, a lot of the crappy corn that isn't good-looking enough to be sold on the cob is sold to popcorn companies.

Food still tastes pretty good to me, though. Especially nutter butters. Mmmmmm.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Maybe its a sign that you should start eating healthy stuff.

I wish I had that luxury. I only eat whatever is cheap.

You can eat like a king cooking and preparing your own food that's much more healthy for you rather than spending craptons of money (a day's worth of food costs less than the average fast food combo) on greasetraps.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

You can eat like a king cooking and preparing your own food that's much more healthy for you rather than spending craptons of money (a day's worth of food costs less than the average fast food combo) on greasetraps.

I can buy two Whopper Juniors for two bucks and be full. What healthy foods can I buy for two bucks that fill me up as much as those whoppers? Something besides rice and noodles.

PS: I'm not really trying to argue here. I hope you are right that I can eat food that taste just as good, is cheaper, is filling, and healthier, but from what I've seen at grocery stores and the likes, eating healthy is expensive, at least where I live.

Ive noticed slightly that peanut butter does taste as well as it should. Mabey I'm a little paranoid, but it could be that the quality is going down, ever so slightly.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Do you make your food from scratch or is it canned/frozen/boxed?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

You're complaining about the quality of food from a from fast food restaurants? Really?

Keyword: declining

It's right in the title.

And I'm not really complaining about it, just moreso wondering if anyone else is seeing this declining pattern my friends and I think we're seeing.

You're getting older, eat some goddamn vegetables.

Anyways, this observation can easily be refuted by comparing the ingredient composition from the above products for it's respective years.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

people using taco bell as a standard of quality for food as a whole seriously can't talk about food quality declining.

Thats like a hobo saying "houses are not made like they used to be!"

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

people using taco bell as a standard of quality for food as a whole seriously can't talk about food quality declining.

Thats like a hobo saying "houses are not made like they used to be!"

And why is that? I used to love Taco Bell. Just because you never did doesn't mean I can't use it as an example.