Re: Need a little advice

flypig

Hi Tipsters!

I need a little advice and views here..

I am CB 110, ATT 80 / STR 81 / DEF 88 / HP 84. I am trying to level all my melee stat to 90, as a short term goal. I am currently training at AZ..

Should I:

A. Raise Summoning to 68 and use Bunyip

I would need to spend around 2.5M to get from 58 to 68.

B. Get a full Guthan set

I would need to spend around 4M+ but the good thing is i can always sell it and get something back.

C. Just use a full inventory of food

I am not an efficient trainer, as I seldom camp at AZ beyond 1.5 hours. I also lack the endurance to stay there for days continuously.

So, what are your views? Which way would you adopt if you were me?

I appreciate any views and thank you all in advance!

:)

If I am looking further, that's because I am standing on the shoulders of Giant..!

Armoured zombies.... Aren't those the guys you use the salve amulet (e) against and pray piety?

I believe I am right, and if I am, why would you need food? Brind your best offensive gear, pray piety and protect from melee, and when you are out of prayer, just go up and pray on the alter, it takes 5 seconds. Since there is the gas around, simply deal with that with a few pieces of food, it can't really do that much damage, right?

S2buxtG.png

Armoured zombies.... Aren't those the guys you use the salve amulet (e) against and pray piety?

I believe I am right, and if I am, why would you need food? Brind your best offensive gear, pray piety and protect from melee, and when you are out of prayer, just go up and pray on the alter, it takes 5 seconds. Since there is the gas around, simply deal with that with a few pieces of food, it can't really do that much damage, right?

There are also rangers in there so either you switch pray every kill or bring a bunyip or two.

c962a1b4be.png

There are also rangers in there so either you switch pray every kill or bring a bunyip or two.

Oh, I see. (I've never been there, I train combat the man way, slayer.) Oh, and yes, to answer your main question, a bunyip is overall better. It is worth the investment, mainly because you can use it everywhere, guthans and food are limited to where you can use them. Guthans because of having to use the full set, and food becuase of drops, etc.

S2buxtG.png

Oh, I see. (I've never been there, I train combat the man way, slayer.) Oh, and yes, to answer your main question, a bunyip is overall better. It is worth the investment, mainly because you can use it everywhere, guthans and food are limited to where you can use them. Guthans because of having to use the full set, and food becuase of drops, etc.

Yes gwasha, i agree with you on the pray melee part.. but i have experimented a bit at AZs and discovered that it is faster for prayers to drain off while praying melee than the Zombies losing agressiveness.. Plus, I usually like to read RS forums and guides while training, so to make more trips up the ladder require my fuller attention (I know.. I'm lazy). Thats why I have been carrying a full invy of lobbies. Normally my lobbies will use up by the 1.5 hours of training.

I want to know in the longer run, and based on current popular training areas, is it more useful to have a bunyip or will guthans be sufficient? I know that guthans method cannot be applied everywhere, but I just need to know the general views on these 2 methods.

PS: I am also aware that in the longer run, carrying full invy of food for training is not ideal..

Thanks!

If I am looking further, that's because I am standing on the shoulders of Giant..!

Go for the bunyip. Even if you aren't camping there for long periods of time, it will still be helpful and save you food (and thus, save you a little money as well).

(Actually, I recommend training with slayer instead of AZs, but that's just my opinion ;P)

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

Yes gwasha, i agree with you on the pray melee part.. but i have experimented a bit at AZs and discovered that it is faster for prayers to drain off while praying melee than the Zombies losing agressiveness.. Plus, I usually like to read RS forums and guides while training, so to make more trips up the ladder require my fuller attention (I know.. I'm lazy). Thats why I have been carrying a full invy of lobbies. Normally my lobbies will use up by the 1.5 hours of training.

I want to know in the longer run, and based on current popular training areas, is it more useful to have a bunyip or will guthans be sufficient? I know that guthans method cannot be applied everywhere, but I just need to know the general views on these 2 methods.

PS: I am also aware that in the longer run, carrying full invy of food for training is not ideal..

Thanks!

I don't get it...don't you still have to check back if you're not praying in order to make sure you don't get killed? If you prayed, you could time yourself on prayer drain and recharge quickly then go back to whatever you were doing before.

I mean, you still have to click on the food, right?

If you wanted less involvement, then a bunyip would be worth the summoning training, so you would have to worry even less.

That said, hopefully you are indeed at the computer and not AFK training, because well, we all know that's expressly against the rules...

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Absolutely the bunyip. If you're at armoured zombies it's easily the most efficient option, and it'll probably be some of the best 2.5m gp you'll ever spend anyway. That's a small price to pay.

And you'd also be able to use better combat familiars like smoke devils at other spots. And if you went the extra level up to 69, the fruit bat is very useful for pretty much any activity. Oh yeah, and the war tortoise.

So yeah. Bunyip.

And slayer isn't that great for combat training, especially compared to AZ's.

I don't get it...don't you still have to check back if you're not praying in order to make sure you don't get killed? If you prayed, you could time yourself on prayer drain and recharge quickly then go back to whatever you were doing before.

I mean, you still have to click on the food, right?

If you wanted less involvement, then a bunyip would be worth the summoning training, so you would have to worry even less.

That said, hopefully you are indeed at the computer and not AFK training, because well, we all know that's expressly against the rules...

Yes, I know.. i still have to look back and click food from time to time.. its just that clicking food is more or less just 1-click, compared to running to the ladder and going up it.

You are also right on the part where having a bunyip might give me less involvement, lesser than clicking food, or running upstairs..

And no, i am not AFK-ing (as in going away and do something else). Its just that I like to concurrently also browse sites like RSOF and Tip.it, or watching a little movie at times.

You'll find that it's not really an AFK way to train once you get into it. Every kill your going to either be picking up the item (planks, herbs, etc.) and on the kills without a good drop you'll be picking up the charms.

Get a bunny. It's useful in any combat situation. In fact, keep on saving up charms and level up when you have enough. From 1 to 99 summoning, there is never a useless level. Being able to summon two bunyips without sipping a potion is worth it.

Stellactic.gif

You'll find that it's not really an AFK way to train once you get into it. Every kill your going to either be picking up the item (planks, herbs, etc.) and on the kills without a good drop you'll be picking up the charms.

Get a bunny. It's useful in any combat situation. In fact, keep on saving up charms and level up when you have enough. From 1 to 99 summoning, there is never a useless level. Being able to summon two bunyips without sipping a potion is worth it.

Hi Mike, what do you mean by a "bunny"? And can you summon 2 bunyips at a time..??

Hi Mike, what do you mean by a "bunny"? And can you summon 2 bunyips at a time..??

I think he means a bunyip and is referring to "recharging" your summon before your summoning points run out.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Seems like the general consensus is that getting to Summoning 68 and having a Bunyip is a better way than using guthans..

Think its time I get down to those secondary ingredients for the pouches..!

Thanks all, for helping me make up my mind!

A few little things to add

The bunyip is the best choice of course.

Bunyip with food should be enough for most activities

An enhanced excalibur can top you off in harder conditions.

If you dont have access to high rfd gloves, the best thing is the regen brace. that with rapid heal adds 3 extra hp/minute

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

I trained 99 attack and 99 strength at AZ's

Super potting, salve ammy (e), and piety

When I was doing attack I was using Whip + DFS and a bunyip, did not any food at all.

When I was doing strength and using a SS I lacked the extra defence from the DFS and was taking more damage than my bunyip could heal, so I started taking some super defence pots and I was fine again, didn't need any food

Bunyip would be the best choice imo

But I would still take an emergency food (Pineapple pizza, two bites heals 22) just in case you run across a rev when you bank (didn't happen to me once) or your bunyip ran out without you noticing (happened to me a few times)

Thanks guys for the additional opinions!

Looks like the guthans method may not apply for high level training these days.. am I right?

I personally had never trained using guthans before.. even not possible with bunyip as I am only level 58 now.

Since I have a very low endurance level, meaning i usually wander off after 1.5 hours of training, I was at first caught in a dilemma of whether to raise Summoning or go guthans (which as i mentioned, I can sell off once i reach my goal)..

[hide=]

Hi Tipsters!

I need a little advice and views here..

I am CB 110, ATT 80 / STR 81 / DEF 88 / HP 84. I am trying to level all my melee stat to 90, as a short term goal. I am currently training at AZ..

Should I:

A. Raise Summoning to 68 and use Bunyip

I would need to spend around 2.5M to get from 58 to 68.

B. Get a full Guthan set

I would need to spend around 4M+ but the good thing is i can always sell it and get something back.

C. Just use a full inventory of food

I am not an efficient trainer, as I seldom camp at AZ beyond 1.5 hours. I also lack the endurance to stay there for days continuously.

So, what are your views? Which way would you adopt if you were me?

I appreciate any views and thank you all in advance!

[/hide]

With your defence level just get a bunyip, it saves money and inventory space. But, if you're going to fight something relatively hard then guthans would always be nice to have. Personally I just use a bunyip and a full inventory of salmon for slayer now and sometimes pineapple pizza.Although, I do have the enhanced excaliber which boosts defence and heals you with the special. I'd recommend getting it, I use it for just about everything now. So, unless you don't have the enhanced excaliber, a full inventory of good food or guthans wouldn't really be necessary for most things if you have a bunyip.

Also, if you're going to get guthans don't train with it just bring it in your inventory for when you need to heal.

Summoning will pay for its worth pretty soon. Guthans on the otherhand is situational.

Personally it love guthans (the set) and veracs (just the armour), but I use them for boss hunting more then anything.

Summoning on the otherhand makes me gp while I fetch gives me a lot of hp for a very small cost, increase my exp per hour on any multi combat task, allows me to train fast and lets me have some cool pets.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Does it means that Bunyip is not suitable for Boss hunting..?

Soon, i may begin doing some mid level bosses like KQ and KBD just to try out.. Can the Bunyip method works there?

I hopefully eventually to do DK trips effectively, does the Bunyip work well there as well?

Thanks guys, for keeping the views coming in..!

Does it means that Bunyip is not suitable for Boss hunting..?

Soon, i may begin doing some mid level bosses like KQ and KBD just to try out.. Can the Bunyip method works there?

I hopefully eventually to do DK trips effectively, does the Bunyip work well there as well?

Thanks guys, for keeping the views coming in..!

For KBD bunyip is fine but I'm not sure about KQ. Also, using a bunyip at DK works great as the mage for the team because you'll only be getting hit by the smaller monsters to the side. It works for hybriding too but for duo or trio hybriding use it after your beast of burden runs out. It can work for GWD but it's better to just get the one extra level and use a fruit bat for GWD, again use the bunyip after a beast of burden for GWD.

I find the Bunyip to work for places that damage is minimal, so healing should be minimal as well. Such as monsters you kill on slayer tasks. At GWD, KBD, KQ and some DK's you get hit to high and to often to have a bunyip keep up.

As for the KBD and KQ i think a War Tort full of sharks would be better. Along with holding items it can also help you attack.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]