NCAA Football!

FunPhish

OSU...eh... It's Big 10 football. It's not as good as it used to be. It's good however that Michigan seems to be coming around, now if OSU can finally win a big game, then mabey it will get the respect it deserves.

I actually read an interesting article on the Big-10 erlier today,

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/3711/whats-best-for-ohio-state-and-the-big-ten-2

It's about how the Big-10 needs to improve their rep in a smart way, schedule more mid-sized and semi-large programs that they can actually beat. It also talks about them maybe not even playing in the Rose Bowl. I mean being honest the Rose Bowl has just been an embarrassment for the Big-10 over the last decade, every year their rep just takes a punch to the ribs. But I guess that isn't going to happen due to the tradition of the Rose Bowl. Anyways I just thought that was an interesting way to look at things, good article. ESPNU usually has some good stuff if you ever want to read up on CFB.

Ill read after I post this, looks intresting actually

Go Dawgs!

Our first game was the sloppiest I've ever seen us play. However, the game last Saturday was my first as a student and probably the best live game I've ever seen.

Beat Arkansas!

Arkansas has not been to shabby of late (It's early season of course lol) But it should be a good game either way. Cant wait for the first game :thumbsup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been waiting FOREVER to bump this. A lot of the things I said have turned out to make me look stupid, on the other hand some of the things I've said are looking pretty good right now. Anyways I don't have time to completely express my feelings over the last few weeks of the season, but for now, ROLL TIDE! :D Anyways I'm sure some of you have some thoughts on what's been happening, let's get this thread going again.

I've been follow Washington and Oregon. Both have been doing amazingly well, maybe Washington not so much but they've been doing a lot better this season then the past few.

They didn't win a game last year.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

... Go Red Raiders?

... No ....

Houston and UT are Texas' best hopes. UT is an obvious one, but Houston usually gets destroyed by everyone but Rice. A&M is really quiet this year, too.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Clemson has blown some real close games so far this year. We are literally a couple plays away from being 5-0, our offense keeps choking. Oh well, the season pushes on we can still win the ACC.

My take on the last couple of weeks:

SEC:

Florida will lose at least 1 game if not more this year.

The Auburn vs Alabama game decides the SEC West and one representative for the BCS national Title. How sick is this, instate rivalry determines who plays for a conference title and national title.

I predict and dream of an Alabama vs Miami national title game

Georgia fans can cry more about that penalty, their Defense lost that game for them.

Pac-10

What a joke of a conference

I've been really impressed with Oregon's secondary running backs after losing their starter after the first game

USC and Cal both suck this year though USC is getting more done then Cal

Stanford just might win the conference title

ACC

Miami is the real deal

Florida State sucks

Its ANYONE'S game right now for the ACC title, like always. Talk about conference balance.

Clemson vs Miami for the ACC title

Bobby Bowden is in the fight for his life at FSU, I give him 1-2 more years...1 being this year.

I really enjoy watching Miami football now. I used to hate them. They play clean football, no more thugs, they are a good representation of the ACC. Something great is brewing in Miami, watch out.

Big 12

Havn't heard to much noise this year

Oklahoma....sucks for you huh. Miami raped OU literally in the 2nd half. And no, it wasn't just because of Bradford.

I havn't payed a lot of attention to texas this year, but i havn't heard much about them either.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

Pac-10

What a joke of a conference

I've been really impressed with Oregon's secondary running backs after losing their starter after the first game

USC and Cal both suck this year though USC is getting more done then Cal

Stanford just might win the conference title

No mention of Washington?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Not on their bandwagon. An improvement, yes no doubt...just not there yet. Made some noise with a good win but that happens at least once every year with someone. Also for the Pac-10, for being such a highly touted back, Best at Cal has not impressed AT ALL. There go his Heisman dreams.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Oregon played a great game Saturday. Was the only NCAA football game I watch. They beat USC for those who didn't watch and now can easily be called the number 1 in the pac 10 this year and for sure have placed themselves in the Rose Bowl.

tFtfA.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Bump! Lots of changes and developments lately.

Clemson like I said earlier now is playing for the ACC Championship! Can't wait. We get a rematch with a GT team that we almost beat before. This week though its rivalry week, big games going on. I told you to watch out for Auburn as well, and they almost upset Alabama.

I'm taking the ACC to go 2-1 against SEC opponents today. GT over UGA, Clemson over USC, and Florida beating FSU.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

Tim Tebow got his [wagon] handed to him tonight by Bama... Although I can't stand Alabama and HATE Nick Saban, I'm glad Florida lost and I got to see Tebow cry.

Tebow crying made my night!

25fa770bf1ed86088caf9deb0c0d7754-getty-.jpg

I am not a Bama fan but I am an SEC football fan.. Go MSU Bulldogs!

peace,

Vann

My Clemson Tigers lost today :( Ah so close!! Was an amazing game, and CJ Spiller proved he should be a real Heisman candidate.

Now we get to go get CHEATED out of a bowl game because the TERRIBLE FSU team is going to grab the Gator Bowl some how....

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

ROLL TIDE good GOD!! Watching us destroy the Gaytors was only topped by seeing Tebow cry his eyes out. I guess I can't blame him, he had so much at stake with that game. This is shaping up to be the best season in Alabama football history, which is saying a lot for a team with 12 National Titles. If we make that 13, along with Ingram being our very first Heisman winner, it's safe to say this season will be immortal in my mind and in the community in which I live. I mean Mount Cody with the 2 blocked FG's to beat Tennessee, that game winning drive against Auburn in the iron bowl, it's crazy. I never really could much relate to the old traditions of the Crimson Tide but now after this season, I understand what all of those things mean. One day this season will be legend, those blocked kicks will be made into portraits hung in our local McDonalds and other businesses. Last year, even when we were 12-0 I felt like we were so beatable, this year I feel as if we actually ARE the best team in the country. Texas watch out, if Nebraska held you to 13 you are in for a world of hurt against our fire-breathing defense. Not to mention we just hung up 32 on the nations best D, good luck stopping us. I know it's early to be saying this, but it's hard to imagen a situation where Texas beats us.

Also side note, WTF Boise vs. TCU?? Put them up against traditional powerhouses. Have Florida v TCU and maybe Iowa v Boise? I know the bowl selection isn't set up great, the Fiesta basically took what they were given, but come on!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey good luck vs Texas A&M, I'm sure you guys will win that one. I do the Bowl Mania on ESPN.com and I have the SEC going 10-0 lol, I don't think that will actually happen but I couldn't find a game to pick against them. I guess Ole Miss vs OK State is shaky, as well as Tennessee vs VT, but I think both teams are capable of winning. But thanks for the good luck, hopefully we both come out on top this bowl season.

How about the first bowl to start to season? That was a really good game for wyoming :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Brian Kelly may have broken my heart, but I'm happy for him finally getting his dream job at Notre Dame.

I only wish that he'd stayed to coach the Sugar Bowl. I'm not sure they'll be able to do it without him.

The Pitt vs UNC game tonight was pretty good. I'm glad Pitt held them off. They're one of the only "tough games" on UC's schedule.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

They won't. I don't see Cinci having a chance now. And Brian Kelly just signed his retirement contract. Notre Dame kills coaches and ruins their careers.

My Clemson boys won last night! Great cap off to a terrific season. 8-5, #2 in the ACC, and playing in the ACC Champ game with a first year head coach. CJ Spiller, setting records every week up until the last week of the season, and still left out of the Heisman voting. Disgraceful. He'll be able to laugh in their face when he's taken in the 1st round of the draft. Thank you CJ Spiller for 4 amazing years at Clemson. Best running back in college football as far as i'm concerned.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

Wow.

Out-manned, out-matched, out-gunned.

To put it bluntly, UC's defense was Tim Tebow's [bleep].

I wonder what Brian Kelly was thinking during while watching this one.

Hell, as of this post the game isn't even over yet. Well, it's over, but there's still a quarter left to be played.

On the bright side, the Bearcat won the Capital One Mascot Challenge. <_<

But I digress.

A couple of great games today. I gained a bit of faith in Tyrrelle Pryor. I wasn't impressed at all in the vast majority of the games that I watched of his before this game. Maybe he does have something...

The Northwestern/Auburn game was more than interesting. The final few minutes and the overtime were the highlight by far, especially how Auburn thought they won the game 2-3 times before they actually did. I feel bad for the kicker though, he had 2 chances (at least) to win/tie the game and then his injury prevents his team from extending the overtime. As they always say, the kicker is the loneliest job on the football team when you lose and the most popular when you win.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

For those of you that don't know, Texas Tech's head coach, Mike Leach, has been fired thanks to third-string receiver (and little [bleep] rich boy) Adam James. Here's the story. Leach was the reason Tech's on the map in the Big 12 - usually considered the second hardest division next to the Southeast - seeing as we have the least funding and damn near the last pick in players.

We won the Alamo Bowl at least, despite Leach not coaching for it. From what I hear, James plans on staying at Tech. He must not realize that we're really a small town and most people in Lubbock are just about ready to kill him - including students, professors, and guys big enough to rip him in half.

Ah well. It's a damn shame.

Yep, TT just made a mistake. I heard James was a wimp anyway and was always causing problems. Mike Leach is WEIRD, don't get me wrong....the guy is a nutcase but he's a fine football coach that is about to make one program great.

I hear Tommy Tuberville from Auburn might be looking at the job, interviewed today/yesterday. He's a good coach too but not sure he's a good fit for TT. Theres not much competition in the Big 12 next year....

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

Tuberville and both offensive and defensive coordinators are the major ideas for coaches. Tuberville will probably get it, though.

[bleep]ing Bama. Can't believe McCoy got hurt. Gilbert is going to be a fantastic quarterback, but this is practically his first game and he's a tiny freshman, and you can tell how nervous he is. Looks like a loss for UT, but there's still a quarter left, so we'll see what happens.