20,000,000 bow and staff?

Old

My most trusty side-kick with 99 range is still my level-50 magic short bow :3

Melee has a nice non-degradable 20M sword (Bandos Godsword). Shouldn't range and magic recieve a high-end-non-degradable weapon? D:

thatguy3.png

My most trusty side-kick with 99 range is still my level-50 magic short bow :3

Melee has a nice non-degradable 20M sword (Bandos Godsword). Shouldn't range and magic recieve a high-end-non-degradable weapon? D:

thatguy3.png

Melee doesn't use up expensive arrows/runes.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

Melee doesn't use up expensive arrows/runes.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

Haha. Wait, are you serious? BGS sucks.

Anyway, Range does hit a limit in equipment fairly early, with the Rune Crossbow being the strongest and best weapon.

However, as it has been said, Melee doesn't use up as much expensive runes/arrows.

That which is in dire need of updating is magic, as range has good weapons all round, for specs and combat in general.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Anyway, Range does hit a limit in equipment fairly early, with the Rune Crossbow being the strongest and best weapon.

However, as it has been said, Melee doesn't use up as much expensive runes/arrows.

That which is in dire need of updating is magic, as range has good weapons all round, for specs and combat in general.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Melee doesn't use consumables (other than more food) so their infinite-use weapons are more expensive. Range's best weapon is the Crossbow, which can hit seriously high with the Dragon bolt special, or even just normal rune bolts. The D'bow is also good for its special.

Magic already has an expensive weapon, the Master Wand.

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

Melee doesn't use consumables (other than more food) so their infinite-use weapons are more expensive. Range's best weapon is the Crossbow, which can hit seriously high with the Dragon bolt special, or even just normal rune bolts. The D'bow is also good for its special.

Magic already has an expensive weapon, the Master Wand.

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

BGS still hits really high and often on certain things that most people would consider ranging.

And it costs quite a lot over time to hit 'decently'. Most people would want fast kills at dragons. And the best bolt for that is a Dragonstone Bolt (e), second best is a Diamond Bolt (e) - Both over 1k each.

True that.

Not really, as magic can stall people and hit over 20 easily. Blocks peoples teleports and can poison them, also steal health and give it to yourself.

I agree with the OP. The Dark Bow just isnt good enough, and the PvP weapons are good, but cost too much since you can lose them!

A good one handed weapon (Dragon Crossbow ZOMG) with a decent spec may do well really.

That aside, I got hit in the 30s in CWFFA by a voider using Zanik's Xbow. I wasnt praying nor was I wearing god armour. Whatever happened made me love it.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

BGS still hits really high and often on certain things that most people would consider ranging.

And it costs quite a lot over time to hit 'decently'. Most people would want fast kills at dragons. And the best bolt for that is a Dragonstone Bolt (e), second best is a Diamond Bolt (e) - Both over 1k each.

True that.

Not really, as magic can stall people and hit over 20 easily. Blocks peoples teleports and can poison them, also steal health and give it to yourself.

I agree with the OP. The Dark Bow just isnt good enough, and the PvP weapons are good, but cost too much since you can lose them!

A good one handed weapon (Dragon Crossbow ZOMG) with a decent spec may do well really.

That aside, I got hit in the 30s in CWFFA by a voider using Zanik's Xbow. I wasnt praying nor was I wearing god armour. Whatever happened made me love it.

But you can't do all of that at the same time, teleblocking cannot be done on ancients spellbook :( And mage is pretty much useless against someone using melee and black d hide or karil's. The ocasional entangle or ice spell might not splash, but not nearly often enough to stop the mage from being quickly dispatched by claws/dds spec or whip/gs.

Cabbage! (:<

But you can't do all of that at the same time, teleblocking cannot be done on ancients spellbook :( And mage is pretty much useless against someone using melee and black d hide or karil's. The ocasional entangle or ice spell might not splash, but not nearly often enough to stop the mage from being quickly dispatched by claws/dds spec or whip/gs.

Cabbage! (:<

^Fix'd^

---------

Maybe it was intended that all werent doable at the same time. One can cast Ice Barrage and then Blood Barrage right after it, then Smoke Barrage again without being hit assuming the Mager didnt get hit prior to IB.

And yeah, PJing needs to be fixed.

Try a cannon if you want to hit high?

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

And watch it explode a quarter of the way through your ammunition!
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

• 4 weeks later...

Try using a cannon in a single combat zone or a non cannon zone or in PvP? Ever paid attention to how much cannonballs cost, while melee can buy a whip for like 2-3m and use it to much more devastating effect than any ranged weapon forever?

also, since when is 30 high compared to 40+ with a whip not even using piety?

mage needs the update, i never see ppl using mage as combat

You should read the front page of RS more often

Why should price have anything to do with a weapon being good or not? Actually, it should be a positive thing that MSB is so easy to obtain and yet effective.

MSB is among the most effective range weapons, but that does not necessarily make it effective at all. I have 18 million ranged experience and the only situations in which I find using range with an actual ranged weapon to be effective (more so than melee) are arma/sara gwd, and killing dagannoth prime.

Just factor in how much you spend on bolts/arrows/runes. And tbh, if there was a range weapon that was worth 20m, I deffs wouldn't buy it. I've probably spent over that anyways pk'ing and maxing.

fail124.jpgfailbait.png

Fire Cape - Aug 14, 08.

coolnamefailbaitedit.jpg