Saradomin Godsword

Rien

Heh, I'd never have imagined that I might one day ask a question like this. Anyway, I bought my Saradomin Godsword awhile ago for just over 60 mil, and I couldn't help but notice that it has increased significantly in price since.

Essentially, I'd like to know whether this is the work of merchanting clans or simply a natural rise in its price. If this is only a temporary and artificial fluctuation, I'd like to take advantage of it; I intend to sell my SGS and buy it back after the crash if this is the case. However, I do not wish to sell if I won't be able to buy it back later, so I'd appreciate any input on the matter.

'Thanks in advance.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

Okay well i want to get in before all the "Z0mg its the 76k'ers" spammers. Its just natural inflation. its going to keep rising (till 85m i would imagine, maybe more) then it WILL start dropping. i suggest you hold on to it for a week or two more. It wont be hard to spot the start of the crash as GS's will start rising by less every day and eventually it will start dropping. Just make sure you sell it once it stops rising by atleast 20% of what it did the previous day.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

People who 76k are willing to pay more than above mid for just about anything now, so everything naturally inflates. That money wont just go away, so even if something does crash, like the SGS, it wont be for long, and it will just rise back up. I think your betting holding onto what is in my opinion the best all around melee weapon in the game.

Sumondskull6.png

It's not "76king".

Even if only "legit" pkers were using pvp worlds, we'd see this inflation because items are being removed and coins are being added. There is an increase in the money supply and a decrease in aggregate supply, if you will. The real culprit here is the current PvP system.

Yes, there has long been inflation in RuneScape - but only in summer months when players receive extra utility from items purchased, due to longer playing times. The true tend of the prices of items such as Godswords, whips, rune armor, barrows armor, dragon armor, etc. has been downwards: more items entered the game everyday, but very few ever left.

I'd hold onto your items until the day Jagex announces a change to PvP, as it is sure to keep rising until then. Then sell it right away.

if you have a better weapon i'd say go with it. if not, just hang onto it until you get something better.

Posted by Wugmaster Vincent Xxalius

final.gif

You have to take off everything except your gloves and boots. WTF JAGEX? :thumbdown:

Don't forget about the ring, you can keep that one to :)

And your necklace. :grin:

And quiver! This is fun :P!

I got mine for 58.7m on the rebound summer crash and like bladewing said it will keep rising till pvp is fixed (even though his post was a bit contradicting).

I'm currently using it to get rid of junk like never before for example hand cannons and shots aren't selling at lowest (found out after I got them) so I simply use them as junk in lending. Turns 450k of untradeable drops into 500k cash instantly. At the moment I'm over 4m up from purely lending without counting the p pots and food saved slaying, bossing hunting and so on.

Best thing about lending is I don't care if I can 50k or 500k the ability to instantly trade an item which won't GE at min for mid price is pretty damn useful (I got rid of 400+ shots at 2k each on the 2nd day of the release, which was after people noticed they were over priced)

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

The easiest way to solve this is to look at your SGS. If you use it religiously and

are happy with your investment, keep it. If you do not think it is worth every penny

(or gp) it is currently worth, sell it. Personally, I find godswords to be nowhere

worth their value, but that's my opinion.

Thanks for all of the replies. :-)

I've decided to wait another week before I sell it off (if I'm sure I want to by that time) and keep an eye on the GE graph all the while.

I love the SGS regardless, so I'll buy it back eventually even if I decide to sell, but the potential profits are too great to ignore in the meantime. *laughingemoteifwehadit*

Thanks again for the advice.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

The easiest way to solve this is to look at your SGS. If you use it religiously and

are happy with your investment, keep it. If you do not think it is worth every penny

(or gp) it is currently worth, sell it. Personally, I find godswords to be nowhere

worth their value, but that's my opinion.

I agree, the best way to look at items is not by the gp value, but rather the useful for you.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png