Alching method 1k cast per hour + profit

0p3r4tor

Hello, I recently started aiming for 94 magic. The boredom of clicking in 1 spot over and over again was getting a little tiring to say the least and I was losing over 150k per 1k cast's. I was spawning red spider egg's to make back some of the loss but then I realised I could combine the two. Alching and spawning eggs, this method begun to work very well and once I got the hang of it I went from losing 150k per hour to actually profiting not much but with alching for me, any profit is good. This method also keeps me a little more busy while im alching and passes time much quicker then just normal alching.

Requirements -

55 Magic

10 Summoning

Recommended -

600k Gp

What to do -

First off buy 20 - 40 Spirit Spider pouches and 1000 Egg spawn scrolls, These usually sell instantly, also stock up on alching runes and the item you are using, i choose to use maple longs (u) as you can buy mass amounts at a time. Then spawn your spider and then right click on the summoning icon underneath the map and choose select left click option, Then choose the cast spell option. Your inventory should consist of 4 Spirit spider pouches, 1000+ Egg spawn scrolls, X nature runes and x alchemy items. Then start alching and every 3-7 alches left click the summoning icon to spawn red spider eggs. Try to consistently alch, eg. while picking up eggs and banking to keep the experience gain up.

Where?

I myself do this at catherby bank but the best spot i have found for this method is the port khazard deposit box as you can stand right next to it and is a one click bank.

Experience Profit

Many things affect the profit and experience you get per hour like your speed and focus. I gain about 60-65k xp per hour and 170k+ in gp profits - the loss of the item you are alching

Pros-

Maintains average alching experience per hour

Makes profit and can be combined with farming aswell

Cons-

Does require a bit more attention then alching solely

End - This is my first guide ever on any forums and i am still working out the kinks, so please bare with me while I try to add pictures and make it a bit more understandable Thank you, please rate honestly

Edits-

May I also suggest using a macaw & herbcall scrolls? You can only cast about once every 45 secs, (which gives more time for alching), and it drops tons of ranaar, avantoe, cadantines, irits, dwarf weeds and lantadymes. I use one on slayer tasks, for that little bit of extra money, plus the scrolls are cheap :)

Cool guide. Excellent, yet another use for summoning.

i think im gonna use this to keep my cash pile at 10m+ an stll have a decent mage lvl, and also, im guessing this is very small amounts of summoning xp? so if you use lets say, 100k scrolls, you will get about 10k xp? maybe more?

This is an awesome find! Even if you lose, say, 40k an hour, the fact you're not losing 100+K an hour for only a little extra effort, in my opinion, is well worth it.

I've not check prices recently but fruit bat is a notch up from this.

You ether use the scrolls (scrolls where ~300ea last time I check and papaya 800 to 1k) or just let it collect seeds/fruit.

If you wanted to you could collect all the fruit (well watermelons, pineapples and papayas) to maximise profits.

Just an a small question, can you spam click with the spirit spider like you can with the fruit bat? I can get 3 to 5 clicks per cycle (the gap where the fruit appears) using the bat.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

i think im gonna use this to keep my cash pile at 10m+ an stll have a decent mage lvl, and also, im guessing this is very small amounts of summoning xp? so if you use lets say, 100k scrolls, you will get about 10k xp? maybe more?

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Thanks, I'm gonna try this with my fruit bat ^_^.

*Edit, I tried this with a fruit bat, so you can use this information.

I tried 3 hours of fruit bat + high alching.

On average, I used 875.3 Nature Runes an hour. Around 57k xp.

On average, I used 214.5 fruitfall scrolls an hour

On average, I created 169.1 papayas an hour.

Using my averages, I was able to profit 13k an hour. If papayas stop selling at max, this changes to a loss of 1k gp an hour.

All of the high alchs were Maple Longbow (u).

I also found your numbers off, I tried an hour with spirit spider, and made only 100k gp/hour profit, and I lost around 32k in that hour.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

Well personally I prefer alching in pvp hotspots with fruit bat but hey its a nice tip for lower level summoners :thumbup:

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

Thanks, I'm gonna try this with my fruit bat ^_^.

*Edit, I tried this with a fruit bat, so you can use this information.

I tried 3 hours of fruit bat + high alching.

On average, I used 875.3 Nature Runes an hour. Around 57k xp.

On average, I used 214.5 fruitfall scrolls an hour

On average, I created 169.1 papayas an hour.

Using my averages, I was able to profit 13k an hour. If papayas stop selling at max, this changes to a loss of 1k gp an hour.

All of the high alchs were Maple Longbow (u).

I also found your numbers off, I tried an hour with spirit spider, and made only 100k gp/hour profit, and I lost around 32k in that hour.

Oh thanks alot for that, i will include that when i get time, and as for the loss of 32k, it mustve been a change in prices sorry about that, and thanks everyone for the feedback

• 3 weeks later...

May I also suggest using a macaw & herbcall scrolls? You can only cast about once every 45 secs, (which gives more time for alching), and it drops tons of ranaar, avantoe, cadantines, irits, dwarf weeds and lantadymes. I use one on slayer tasks, for that little bit of extra money, plus the scrolls are cheap :)

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Really nice guide, I'm definately going to use this when I start training my magic up.

It'd be nice if you could do a bith more of the maths, for example how many eggs per 1000 alchs you need to break even, stuff like that.

Thanks very much though! :D

IamIronMan_I.png

I've seen a few people alch+turn eggs into cockatrice ones. I normally wouldn't alch but at the moment am sticking to using a fruit bat to gather while alching air battlestaffs I need to get rid of.

Nice tip though. :D

imagangster.png