Tip.it Kingdoms

The Dark Lord

Theres still a huge amount of ocean in the middle.

We don't want the ocean.

The middle of the game area, or the Atlantic/Pacific Oceans? With the former, I don't think that it would be any problem for people to be able to travel from Scandinavia to Iceland/Svalbard or from the British Isles to Iceland or Svalbard to Greenland. It isn't likely that someone from Italy would travel there, but that doesn't hurt the game really. It still enables interaction. With the latter, I'm assuming that we'll have the naval technology in order to travel over massive oceans anyway.

EDIT: Thanks, Mather! <3: By the way, what would be the translations for "land" and "fields"?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Travelling across the ocean screws up the time ratio and just screws everything in general.

Including the British isles is fine, but thats it.

I don't see why it would. It'll hurt me a little bit and take me longer to travel to Europe in order to conduct my raids and all that jazz, but I don't think it's really game-wrecking either. You would just have to make stop points (For someone located in northern Scotland to travel to Greenland, they would have to stop at Iceland and get supplies and then travel to northern Iceland again and then travel to southern Greenland). It's one of those things that are a little inconvenient for people, but I don't think they're game-wrecking. I feel that if we exclude some of those parts simply because there's some water between the islands and Europe, we're eliminating the element of exploration.

3071_early_lg.jpg

Here is an example of the method of "resupply points" that would easily make travel in this area possible. It's not like you're sailing straight from Europe to Greenland or anything like that.

EDIT: Just noticed that traveling from Svalbard to Norway would be roughly the same distance as it would be for someone to travel from the British Isles to Scandinavia or Germany via the North Sea.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I still just don't see this "Element of exploration" you're talking about. We have a map already made, it isn't like we're going off the edge of it, we're fighting for the bits we already have,

As well as that, Europe/northern Africa have all the main terrain types and such, assuming we include a bit of Russia along with it.

Also, you don't need your people to live in the same area they would have lived in real life. Hell, you could be the mongols and start in Egypt if you really wanted to.

I want the game to sort of force people into regular battle, and being away on an island which takes months to get to sort of screws that up. Unless we assume that the coastline is magical and you can simply hop across the sea with the usual '1 tile per turn' rule.

2Xeo5.png

How bout we use Stargates to reach America from Europe? ;)

I'm happy with the red box idea, but i would like there to be some feeling of expansion, just to give us deeper purpose.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Ross, we could borrow a tact from Medieval 2 total war where there is a line drawn from England to France where land units can cross through. It acts as a passage way for both ships and armies, though it would be preferable if no one did battle on it.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Perhaps we could allow armies to pass through small waterways, such as the straight of Gibraltar?

Also, are we going to be using a grid map of earth?

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

I wish Ross were on. :thumbsup:

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

How bout we use Stargates to reach America from Europe? wink.gif

I'm happy with the red box idea, but i would like there to be some feeling of expansion, just to give us deeper purpose.

I lol'd

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

My anthemn is a lay and shall go like this;

Vår høvding gjør oss stolt

Velger plyndrbart folk

Og lar oss smake seieren søde.

Deres landsby blir vårt mål

Og avlingen vårt bål

Før vi salter resten av dens grøde.

Deres buskap blir vårt slakt

Dens skinn det blir vår prakt

Og blodet går i mjødet.

Vi slakter deres folk

Med bue, sverd og dolk

Farger deres gater røde.

Vi forgifter deres vann

Setter hus i brann

Legger deres byer øde.

Deres avkom blir til trell

Langt fra behandlet vel

Før de ender døde.

Deres folk det vil bli glemt

Minnet helt fortrengt

Alt før aftenbrødet.

Vi går så i vår langhall

Og fester med en trall

Minnes dere ei en gang til nøde.

Doom, you may use it as we are the same country, if you wish otherwise I can give you our actuall anthemn.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1