Tip.it Kingdoms

The Dark Lord

Just for the record guys, I think we can use "Fog of war" for ambushes now. The GM has the ability to hide certain portions of the map, so I think that things like ambushes, surprise assaults etc. can be accomplished using that.

Also, Unit symbols will need to be changed into a 32x32 pixel .GIF file, so they can be used on the program.

I'm also sorry to say that hometowns may need to be redrawn. But don't worry, there probably wont be any tiles to fill in, you just need to draw the houses, castles and rivers. The program adds the grid itself.

I'll post an example soon so that you guys can start work on that.

Edit: Here-

11to2sw.jpg

[hide=Blank version]

rkaavc.png

[/hide]

For any discussion, join #tavern on the tipit IRC client.

2Xeo5.png

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11to2sw.jpg

That looks a lot like Alesia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Alesia

/endrandomhistoricaltidbit

I was asking about "troops" not people.

2nd, that is indeed RTW. Once I started playing MTW2, I couldn't stand the graphics of the clone armies of RTA anymore.

Yes well, I would love to play M:TW2. Unfortunately, my computer would explode. So, I'm stuck with tossing people around with elephants and shooting ballistics through phalanxes. Oh, how will I cope?

Did we create this program or did we find it? It seems way too perfect for our needs...

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I'm kind of confused on how we will be drawing hometowns now, but whatever.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

So doesn't need a grid? Also, what should the resolution size be?

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Well, just base the sizes and such off of mine.

It can be a lot bigger or smaller, but mine is a pretty average.

Go to bed.

By the way, what program did you use to draw your map? It looks way too good to have been drawn in Paint...

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I told you, I'm nocturnal <_<

I used paint. The forests were the only part that took any time, but they look awesome, so it was worth it.

Oh, I see now. ScreenMonkey just gives the image the more transparent, polished-off look, right?

SWAG

Wha?

Look, here's the blank version, I based the forest design off of the one from the default Screenmonkey map, and I made the rest in paint.

rkaavc.png

If you look closely, you can actually see the forests I drew myself and the ones that were already on the map (The ones I drew have thicker outlines)

2Xeo5.png

Well, just base the sizes and such off of mine.

It can be a lot bigger or smaller, but mine is a pretty average.

Go to bed.

By the way, what program did you use to draw your map? It looks way too good to have been drawn in Paint...

You go to bed.

Yessir! :P

@ Ross: Okay, I see now.

SWAG

Wow, I missed a lot in a week... Can anyone be bothered giving me a quick recap or something?

Nothings happened.

We found a nwe program, and we may have to re-do our homelands. The end.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

It's surprisingly simple. But we need to wait till the 23rd to give Archi time to sort everything out, then it'll probably be easier to show people how it works with a demonstration.

You still need a unit roster, except now the unit's map grid symbol needs to be a 32x32 pixel .GIF file, so that the program can use it.

2Xeo5.png

I have decided which fighter-types I want but I can't figgure out their strenght, speed, etc. can someone help me with that?

[spoiler=Ranged fighters]Estolica:

Estolica.gif

Estolica fighters use small elastic "wands" to throw poisoned darts, arrows or spears, harder and further than possible by hand, at their opponents, they're also skilled hunters.

Boleras:

Bolas.gif

Boleras use round rocks tied together as a weapon capable of both killing and capturing, theese are also good hunters.

Bowmen:

Bow.gif

Inca bowmen use bows up to two meter long, capable of piercing through multiple targets, they also use their bows as a manner of harpooning river-fish such as piranhas.

[spoiler=Melee fighters]Cuncha chucuna:

Copperaxe.gif

Cucha chucuna fighters use large axes made most commonly from copper, the name translates neck-breaker.

Macanas:

Macana.gif

Macanas, also called star-headed-spears, are long mace-like weapons with star-shaped heads to easier brak bones, the metal used in the head often varies according to the wielders rank.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

For the boleras, it could be weaker but have a higher range than the other ones. Maybe you could include something about capturing other soldiers and sacrificing them for a boost?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

It's a program that will make the game much easier and quicker.

Anyways, about the Strength and such.

Just look at everyone elses units, come up with some values that follow along with them, then come up with a value cost for them.

Remember that the stronger a unit is, the more it will cost, for example, the romans are quite strong, so they have high unit costs, wheras some barbarians wouldn't be as powerful, but you could take more into battle.

Also, about the special effects. The bow piercing idea might be a little strange, and it would mean basically everybody gets it, but I think it could be included. The other effects are up to you to determine. Just post them, and if somebody screams about it, agree to change it.

2Xeo5.png

[hide=English Army]

The English have a specialty of archery, though their other forms of warfare are not too shabby either.

English Longbowman:

DS: 1

RNG: 5

MS: 5

Value: 10

The backbone of the English army, fast, powerful, long ranged, yet weak on defence.

English Knights (mounted):

DS: 4

RNG: 1

MS: 7

Value: 15

The attackers who cleave the meat of their enemy's bones. They have the same OS as Longbowmen, but greater defence and movement.

English Knights (dismounted):

DS: 7

RNG: 1

MS: 3

The main line of the army is composed of English Knights, who can hold the line against the strongest attackers.

Halberdiers:

DS: 3

RNG: 2

MS: 2

Value: 5

Halberdiers are mainly guards for cities. They can form a backup to melee units.

Crossbowmen:

DS: 0

RNG: 4

MS: 1

Value: 15

Crossbowmen are deadly when used in the right hands. This is compensated by their horrible movement and lack of defence.

Billmen:

0S: 4 (ignores defensive stat)

DS: 2

RNG: 2

MS: 4

Value: 5

Local peasantry called to defend their homes with Bill hooks. Their special weaponary can cut both through soil and armor. Essentially a halberdier with armor piercing.

Saint John:

DS: 10

RNG: 0

MS: 8

Value: 30

Called upon to do God's work, Saint John has arisen to protect his people. Only the powerful blows will land on him, for he is protected by God and his numerous followers. His followers (nuns and clerics) run through the battle lines healing the injured with bandages and herbal remedies. The group heals units within a 5x5 radius by 2 health points when not adjacent to the enemy, and 1 health point when adjacent. He heals himself 2 health points when not healing other units, and heals 1 health points when healing other units.

Mounted Crossbowmen:

RNG: 4

MS: 6

Mounted Crossbowmen use smaller crossbows than their infantry counterparts. Used to counter the effects of other mounted archers, they are effective when used to harass the foe.

Peasant Archers:

RNG: 5

MS: 3

Value: 3

Peasant archers are poor hunters and farmers drafted into war.

[/hide]

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.