The Dark Lord

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three Questions:

Has the game started yet?

Is it still open to new members?

For hometown maps, will they affect anything?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Three Questions:

Has the game started yet? Yes, but it's on pause at the moment.

Is it still open to new members? Of course.

For hometown maps, will they affect anything? Hometown maps are just your starting cities. It would only affect battles.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I am interested in joining, but I need a bit of help on something.

I'm new to RPGs, so I don't understand how to upload those maps you've been making. I've planted my hometown on the map with paint, but how do I upload it?

I will be making the English civilization :)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Map1.png

I don't know how to add the key to it!

I will try to figure out how to do the hometown map.

I couldn't figure out how to add text, but the terrain is the same as that on the front page.

HometownMap.png

Thanks! :)

I will create my unit list soon. By the way, who is the ruler of Rome?

The English have a specialty of archery, though their other forms of warfare are not too shabby either.

English Longbowman:

DS: 1

RNG: 5

MS: 5

The backbone of the English army, fast, powerful, long ranged, yet weak on defence.

English Knights (mounted):

DS: 5

RNG: 1

MS: 7

The attackers who cleave the meat of their enemy's bones. They have the same OS as Longbowmen, but greater defence and movement.

English Knights (dismounted):

DS: 7

MS: 3

The main line of the army is composed of English Knights, who can hold the line against the strongest attackers.

Halberdiers:

DS: 3

RNG: 2

MS: 2

Halberdiers are mainly guards for cities. They can form a backup to melee units.

Crossbowmen:

DS: 0

RNG: 4

MS: 1

Crossbowmen are deadly when used in the right hands. This is compensated by their horrible movement and lack of defence.

Billmen:

0S: 4 (ignores defensive stat)

DS: 2

MS: 4

Local peasantry called to defend their homes with Bill hooks. Their special weaponary can cut both through soil and armor. Essentially a halberdier with armor piercing.

Saint John:

DS: 15

RNG: 0

MS: 8

Called upon to do God's work, Saint John has arisen to protect his people. Only the strongest blows will land on him, for he is protected by God. He heals units within a 5x5 radius by 2 health points when not adjacent to the enemy, and 1 health point when adjacent. He heals himself 5 health points when not healing other units, and heals 2 health points when healing other units.

The English have a specialty of archery, though their other forms of warfare are not too shabby either.

English Longbowman:

The backbone of the English army, fast, powerful, long ranged, yet weak on defence.

DS: 5

The attackers who cleave the meat of their enemy's bones. They have the same OS as Longbowmen, but greater defence and movement.

The main line of the army is composed of English Knights, who can hold the line against the strongest attackers.

Halberdiers:

Halberdiers are mainly guards for cities. They can form a backup to melee units.

Crossbowmen:

Crossbowmen are deadly when used in the right hands. This is compensated by their horrible movement and lack of defence.

Billmen:

Local peasantry called to defend their homes with Bill hooks. Their special weaponary can cut both through soil and armor. Essentially a halberdier with armor piercing.

Saint John:

DS: 15

Called upon to do God's work, Saint John has arisen to protect his people. Only the strongest blows will land on him, for he is protected by God. He heals units within a 5x5 radius by 2 health points when not adjacent to the enemy, and 1 health point when adjacent. He heals himself 5 health points when not healing other units, and heals 2 health points when healing other units.

Do you think these stats are fair? Please make comments

First off, can you please not double post so much, it's slightly annoying.

Now, army modifications that I suggest are-

-Reduce mounted knight DS by 1

-Saint John is basically invincible, and from what you described, he uses healing magic or something, wheras magic isn't allowed. His DS should be a lot lower, because at the moment, only hero units and very combat orientated heavy units can even deal damage, and he can just heal most of that anyway.

Aside from those two, I think the rest is fine.

2Xeo5.png

Will do! Sorry for the double posting, but I wanted to be sure that the question was seen.

[hide=English Army]

English Longbowman:

DS: 4

Halberdiers:

Crossbowmen:

Billmen:

Saint John:

DS: 10

Called upon to do God's work, Saint John has arisen to protect his people. Only the powerful blows will land on him, for he is protected by God and his numerous followers. His followers (nuns and clerics) run through the battle lines healing the injured with bandages and herbal remedies. The group heals units within a 5x5 radius by 2 health points when not adjacent to the enemy, and 1 health point when adjacent. He heals himself 2 health points when not healing other units, and heals 1 health points when healing other units.

Mounted Crossbowmen:

MS: 6

Mounted Crossbowmen use smaller crossbows than their infantry counterparts. Used to counter the effects of other mounted archers, they are effective when used to harass the foe.

[/hide]

What's the system for moving armies on the large world map?

For the construction of houses in a new town, are we assuming that you need to have troops there to guard it?

Also, how many troops do we start with?

For the construction of houses in a new town, are we assuming that you need to have troops there to guard it?

Also, how many troops do we start with?

Each "tribe" has 10,000 people I believe. Movement time is TBA.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Hey guys and gals. We have an example screenshot for how the gameplay will be in the future:

14ttslf.jpg

Instead of having to use Paint in order to manually move the pieces and keep track of everything, we will soon be using online software that will save the games for us, have an in-game chatbox, and won't have all of that editing.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Rome has started conquering barbarians, because barbarians suck. Roma Victor!

And so the Romans sallied forth and fought the nearby barbarian tribes...

[hide=Roma Victor!]

kingdoms200911061940593.png

Hastati throwing javs. before the barbarian charge!

kingdoms200911061942134.png

Principes holding their ground...

kingdoms200911061944290.png

The Romans emerge victorious, and their Triarii finish off the last of the fleeing barbarians.

[/hide]

Might do this once and a while to make the aftermath of battles look interesting...

Oh and nice job on that battlemap guys! Looks like it will be alot faster paced now.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Is that Medieval: Total War 2? Or a R:TW mod?

[hide]JptIM.jpg[/hide]

Fraps is awesome.

Ah that picture brings back good memories of me slaughtering the Romans when I played as the Seleucid empire :twss:

I usually turn off UI when I make pics, it looks nicer :thumbup:

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Is that Medieval: Total War 2? Or a R:TW mod?

[hide]JptIM.jpg[/hide]

Fraps is awesome.

Ah that picture brings back good memories of me slaughtering the Romans when I played as the Seleucid empire :twss:

I usually turn off UI when I make pics, it looks nicer :thumbup:

Yeah true enough, but I like people seeing my 1/2 mercenary armies. Ha!

I was asking about "troops" not people.

2nd, that is indeed RTW. Once I started playing MTW2, I couldn't stand the graphics of the clone armies of RTA anymore.

I was asking about "troops" not people.

2nd, that is indeed RTW. Once I started playing MTW2, I couldn't stand the graphics of the clone armies of RTA anymore.

Dusty was talking about a picture that I posted on the previous page, actually, which is M2TW.

TUBULAR BELLS!