NBA - 2011-2012 Season Discussion

stevepole

Good for the heat, very happy for the Heat and LBJ. I also very happy for Mike Miller, man what a show he put on. To be honest, I wound't be suprised if next years finals were Heat and Thunder. I'd be okay with it, wouldn't you guys as well?

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Before the game OKC just had that look on their faces like they aren't knew they were going to lose. It was awesome watching Lebron finally win one, and for the older guys on the team to finally get theirs too. I can't wait for next season!

tFtfA.jpg

Meh LeBron. I'm not the biggest hater, but not always a fan. He is pretty amazing though, his future duels with KD will be pretty epic. Draft this Thursday? Or Friday NZ time...

Friday for you guys. I'm kind of bummed because I don't think I'll be able to watch any of it because I'll be going to a baseball game that night. Then free agency official begins July 1st and there should be some interesting moves. I have a feeling Steve Nash will end up in NY with your Knicks. Apparently he recently got a place there and is currently living there. It'll be very interesting to see how that plays out.

tFtfA.jpg

Yeah it's hard to say, Dallas could be pretty tempting for him too, to go back and play with Dirk. It'd be hard to blast him for beign selfish for going to Heat the heat however, he's been one of the most loyal guys in the game, but that doesn't mean i hope he doesn't go there.

rosssigfinal.jpg

It'd be a bit funny if he found himself back in Dallas, but Dallas is in the running for Deron Williams so I'm sure if they aren't able to acquire him, I'm sure they'll make a play for Nash. He did mention in a recent interview, that he's more interested in joining a team that's able to compete for a championship but as a competitor he's more interested in beating the best then joining him but he also said he's going to evaluate all his options equally, so yeah, like you said it wouldn't be surprising he we see him on the Heat next season. It'd be really interesting to see what that team is like with a real point guard.

tFtfA.jpg

Not sure if there is room for Nash on the Heat, as they typically run with James as the point-forward.

Although I'm drooling a bit when I hear about a starting line up of Nash + the Heat =P~ .

22031_s.gif

• 1 month later...

That'd be, because I hate both the Lakers and DH. I do think he's a much better fit for the Lakers then Andrew Bynum in that he'll coexist a lot better with Gasol's game and the rest. It'll be interest to see how this works out for the Lakers as everyone else is going small.

tFtfA.jpg

Well it's easy to talk about the Lakers, but look how much stronger the Heat are, plus the Celtics have a lot of depth too (but I doubt it's enough).

The Heat are strong compared to most other teams, but the Lakers are now going to blow even the Heat out of the water. It is just so much more likely for the lakers to mesh well because of Nash's influence and Kobe's leadership. Kobe should also draw enough people to him to give both Gasol and Howard plenty of open looks. There is just no way of defending against the Lakers lineup, because they are strong from the inside and outside.

I'm willing to put money down that the Lakers are going to win next season, as long as they all stay healthy. The only problem I can see with the lineup is that Kobe and Nash are getting old (but when did that ever stop them?)

22031_s.gif

OKC's still my favorite in the west, but the team I'm expecting to have a break out season is the Timberwolves. I feel like they've been on the verge of someone great here for a couple years now, and if they can stay healthy this year I can see them having a Grizzlies like season at worst.

tFtfA.jpg

Allen is still a great shooter, most of the problems he had near the end of last season was because it was injured in a condensed season where they need him to play. If you look at his stats, he shot 45% from the three, a career best. Guess what he'll be doing in Miami, shooting threes. Lewis is more of a risk, but given his and Allen's history of playing together in Seattle, I think it kind of works in the Heats favorite, maybe bring out whatever Lewis has left in the tank.

They also didn't lose anybody in the offseason so they definitely haven't gotten weaker so I don't know how you couldn't make the claim that they're gotten stronger.

tFtfA.jpg

Totally forgot about Allen. As for Lewis, I stopped watching what he could do after he won the 3 pt contest a few years back. How's his contract looking these days? I remember him being terribly overpaid in the past.

22031_s.gif

Oh wow how did I not know such an NBA thread existed? :shock:

Anyway...definitely rooting for the Wolves this year. Could've made the playoffs last season but really unfortunate that Ricky went down. The wing positions look really good and hopefully Roy gets to at least 70% of his former self. AK could play SF and PF effectively so that's going to give them more versatility.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

• 2 months later...

*cough* NBA season started a while ago *cough*

Triple overtime yesterday between Raptors and Utah. Sad I had to miss it, ended 140-133 with Derozan of all people carrying the Raptors.

Also, now that Mike Brown isn't coaching the Lakers anymore, Lakers are now on a two game winning streak (against less-than-average teams, but that's better than 1-4).

Finally, Knicks are undefeated. I repeat, the Knicks.

22031_s.gif

I saw the end of the Raptors Utah game. It's unfortunate Lowry is still out, he's was playing so well before he tweaked his ankle.

This season looked very promising until the Thunder started things off by trading Harden away. They single handily ruined the most likable team in the NBA. Then all this Laker drama started. Then we got deja vu talks of Portland being a early contender after a quick start like last season. The Clippers are off to a surprisingly good start. And the Knicks are 5-0 as of me typing this. I've only saw their game against the Heat, so I can't actually comment on what's working for them, but I am very surprised since I thought they made some bad moves in the off-season. Lets not forget to mention the Heat are looking more amazing then every with a stronger then ever with Lewis and Allen.

My personal view of the Lakers was that they were going to start out bad to begin with, so their horrible start wasn't surprising. They have a strong starting 5 featuring 2 new all-start caliber players and not to mention a real PG. Naturally it was going to take time for them to work out their kinks. I honestly have been telling people to give the Lakers 15 games to get things worked out before they starting pulling out the pitchforks, so I was very surprised they let Brown go after only 5 games into the season. That's like firing a college football coach in the 3rd quarter of the first game. It just doesn't make sense, and it was Kobe's idea to use the Princeton offense, not Brown's.

tFtfA.jpg