NBA - 2011-2012 Season Discussion

stevepole

Yeah hard, good to see Melo back in nick (excuse the pun). Landry Fields did well too, 18 points and 5 steals.

Thinking about buying this:

203959746_full.jpg

Kinda cooler than a standard NY jersey, but it's extra small so I don't think it will fit..

My flatmates have quite a few Jerseys, one has a Westbrook and Durant Supersonics one. The other has a Rudy Gay, Deron Williams Jazz, NY Stoudemire and Lebron East All Stars.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Adidas jerseys are huge, at least on me (the +2 inches doesn't help me either since I'm 5'11"). I have a Lebron James' Cavs jersey in a child's extra large, which is a bit small on me so I don't wear it much, I'm probably going to end up framing it or something. I also have James Harden's college jersey since he went to my university my first two years before going to the draft, got it in a crazy sale too.

I also got tickets for tomorrow's Clippers home game! They were giving them away on twitter at discounted flat price, that I couldn't refuse.

tFtfA.jpg

Took a picture for ya. Sadly we got crushed so we ended up leaving a few minutes early. It was funny though the guy sitting right next to me was decked out from head to toes in Lakers apparel. I was like, bro you know your at a Clippers game right?

6810700241_080d583db6_b.jpg

tFtfA.jpg

The picture makes them appear worse then they were, like you could actually see everything with ease. My only complaint would be that you don't get much personal space compared to the lower level seats but I think I ended up spending more money buying two large beers and a thing of nachos then I did on my ticket so, I can't complain much. ha.

Billups has been hit or miss recently and these constant back to back games they're having aren't helping much.

edit: Knicks just fell apart in the last 2mins of their game tonight, I felt bad for Melo cause he did everything right but his teammates were falling short under the pressure.

tFtfA.jpg

Yeah, pictures always make your seats look bad. I remember taking a picture of a Raptors game I went to a while back, players looked like ants, but I was located at around the same level as the usual game camera.

22031_s.gif

He needs to with Stoudemire out too. And no Baron Davis, they don't seem to rate Bibby. I'm a big Fields fan, I hope he lifts his scoring.

Also nice to see Steve Nash hit a game winner on his birthday. Man if if was at the Knicks...

rosssigfinal.jpg

Bibby is a joke, he hasn't had any real success for a few years now. I don't have much opinion on Fields but he's strongly popular among a few diehard NYers. It's good to see NY having a bit of luck these past few games. Hopefully they keep it going. They play the Lakers next so their up for a bit of a challenge but it should be fun to watch.

tFtfA.jpg

I feel great for the Knicks. I think Lin is my new favorite player. Granted... it's still early...but he scored 38 points aganist the Lakers. It will be fun to see what will happen when Carmelo and Stoudemire back to see what could happen.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I admit, I wasn't too sold about Lin until yesterday's game. Now that I have seen what he is capable of, I am a big fan of him.

Although he is now a target by the other teams, let's see how he can handle that.

22031_s.gif

Linsanity has continued! Lin probably won't have to take as many shots when Melo and Stoudemrie get back, cos he'll have some teammates that can actually score. Be interesting to see how his game changes.

I was lucky cos they actually showed this Knicks game in NZ, first Knicks game that I've actually got to watch all season. And it was only because they were playing the Lakers...

On a side note, Bibby is playing so shit, why is he getting time ahead of Toney Douglas? TD has played pretty average this season, but still a lot better than Bibby.

And Bill Walker roughs me up, he took some awful shots. Some of the Knicks starers are awful...

rosssigfinal.jpg

You guys only get games that are shown on ESPN, right?

I imagine Lin's points per game will drop to about 15-20 a night once the rest of the team is back to full health. I also think when Davis is becomes active, Bibby won't be seeing much game time. I guess on Friday stores started stocking Lin jerseys in NY and a lot of places were sold out within two hours.

tFtfA.jpg

I admit, I wasn't too sold about Lin until yesterday's game. Now that I have seen what he is capable of, I am a big fan of him.

Although he is now a target by the other teams, let's see how he can handle that.

I was skeptical at first too, there's been several players that have had a couple 'hot' games but other then that they've been average. He might face some troubles when he greats matched up against a younger faster team.

tFtfA.jpg

I was skeptical at first too, there's been several players that have had a couple 'hot' games but other then that they've been average. He might face some troubles when he greats matched up against a younger faster team.

I'm not too worried about that, he has D'Antoni for a coach, the guy runs his players as if their life depended on it. If he can survive in that style of an offense, he won't have much trouble against faster teams because of the pace he's already playing at.

I'm more worried about the fact that other teams now have his number. As I'm typing, coaches and scouts are probably perusing game tape, trying to find weaknesses in his play. They'll get some good strategies against him, and then he'll have to adapt. Don't forget that star players can easily hit 50+ points if left alone (see Kobe in 2006 when he dropped 81 points on the Raptors), but when constantly double teamed, they'll be forced to get rid of the ball prematurely, weakening their impact on the game (using Bryant as an exmaple again, back in the '08 Finals, the Celtics used to double team Bryant as often as possible, with even quad teams to make him pass the ball).

22031_s.gif

Lin is human after all. Still had a solid game against the T Wolves. I really hope people don't start to bash him and him alone when they lose games, or he has a bad game. 20 pts, 6 rebounds, 8 assist, 6 TO's. You know...it was on the road aganist a rising T wolves team. I wish him the best, but he needs to be ready for the NY media. With no more football, all of NY will be on the Knicks and the rise and fall of Lin.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Lin is human after all. Still had a solid game against the T Wolves. I really hope people don't start to bash him and him alone when they lose games, or he has a bad game. 20 pts, 6 rebounds, 8 assist, 6 TO's. You know...it was on the road aganist a rising T wolves team. I wish him the best, but he needs to be ready for the NY media. With no more football, all of NY will be on the Knicks and the rise and fall of Lin.

I'm thinking this was just his one bad game in many, but I didn't like his efficiency that game ( 8 of 24 FG%, 0 of 3 from the three-point line, 4 of 7 from the free-throw line).

Fortunately, his other games showed that he doesn't just shoot a lot, but also efficiently (58% FG% in the other games where he averaged 20+ points).

His consistent assists also show that he isn't afraid to pass the ball, however his turnover rate is all over the place (4.6 per game so far, twice that of Chris Paul). I can see opposing teams take advantage of that.

22031_s.gif

The Knicks show rolls on. Jeremy Lin really needs to work on those turnovers, but he's proving he can be a good scorer.

Colin Cowherd said it perfectly on his radio shower. He just needs more reps in the system. The only blemish is his TO's which I think will improve.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]