NBA - 2011-2012 Season Discussion

stevepole

Bulls are looking good, even without James. We are getting a few shooters, we got a decent post player and we have an amazing point guard. What else do you need? :grin:

The title really needs to get changed now, its kinda annoying me <_<

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

To what? NBA: Off-Season? NBA 2010-11 Season? Official NBA Thread?

Either option 2 or 3, idk its your thread. It is just outdated atm.

You're a fool if you think Miami is guaranteed a championship.

The Celtics, Magic, Lakers (if they trade for Chris Paul, my god), Mavericks, Thunder and to some extent the Bulls, Bucks, Nuggets, Spurs and maybe the Jazz will give Miami very close games.

Infact, other "trios" exist on other teams....Like young sleeper teams?

Try Baron Davis, Chris Kaman, and Blake Griffin of the Clippers. (I almost went gordon over kaman)

Other great trio's that can compete with the BIG "3" if healthy include

Yao Ming, Aaron Brooks, and Kevin Martin (rockets);

Deron Williams, Al Jefferson, and Mehmet Okur (Jazz)

Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups, and Nene (Nuggets)

Rose, Boozer, Noah (Bulls)

Joe Johnson, Al Horford, and Josh Smith (Hawks)

Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobili (Spurs)

Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, and Jeff Green (Thunder)

Dwight Howard, Vince Carter, and Jameer Nelson (Magic)

Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Ray Allen (Celtics)

Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, and Ron Artest (Lakers)

Some of these cores are better than others, some are older, some are more young, But all of these cores when healthy are strong cores that COULD dominate a game and in many ways give Miami some degree of trouble.

Lets look at Miami

You got 3 big guns, you also have Mario Chalmers who isn't that great, Ziggy who hasn't played a full season in 2 years? Championships are won with bench depth imo and lets look at the heat.

Udonis Haslem and Juwan Howard provide the option to replace either Chris Bosh or Lebron James, but only sparingly - Howard isn't a guy who can soak up minutes in this day and age. Haslem is an offensive rebounder, Solid, but not flashy.

Miller is a solid Backup for James/wade, so thats 3 guys who can come off the bench and contribute , 2 rookies and some unknown to be signed vets desperate for a ring, Names thrown around from the serviceable Iverson and Tracy mcgrady (who will probably go to the clippers) to retired people desperate for glory like Penny Hardaway (LOL).

But even then - a team like the Knicks are not total dogs vs Miami.

Stoudemire will match up to Bosh, Douglas plays solid Defense, Gallinari can shoot 3's like Reddick or anyone - Felton is also solid. Add in Randolph as a Big man and a possible Chris Paul - Games will be interesting and not blowouts

I still think the Bulls, Celtics or Magic will knock them out of the East.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I don't think the Hawks will stand much of a chance. As far as I know their roster hasn't changed much so I don't know how well prepared they'll be against some of the powers in the east. Magic took a little hit to their lineup. The Spurs are getting old but they'll still be good, a huge threat, I can't say, depends how healthy they are.

As much change as their was this season, I'm very excited as a fan of basketball. I also hope Chris Paul gets his wishes and gets traded to the Knicks. If he gets traded to the Lakers, every other team in the west will be [bleep]ed.

tFtfA.jpg

I don't think the Hawks will stand much of a chance. As far as I know their roster hasn't changed much so I don't know how well prepared they'll be against some of the powers in the east. Magic took a little hit to their lineup. The Spurs are getting old but they'll still be good, a huge threat, I can't say, depends how healthy they are.

As much change as their was this season, I'm very excited as a fan of basketball. I also hope Chris Paul gets his wishes and gets traded to the Knicks. If he gets traded to the Lakers, every other team in the west will be [bleep]ed.

Considering the Lakers signed Barnes today, Pauls probably not an option.

The Hawks have a solid core. They didn't lose anyone, and Jordan Crawford is an excellent rookie. Josh Smith is an excellent player who brings alot to the table, Joe Johnson is great (albeit overpaid) and Hofford is beastly. I think they had a horrible beating in the playoffs sure, but they will be back and certainly won't lay down when they play the heat.

The magic Lost Barnes, Added Duhon and Quintin Richardson. Barnes is good on defense sure, but Richardson can play guard or forward, has experience and in my view is an excellent replacement. Duhon is more of a back up to J Nelson, but is more of a floor general and an upgrade over Jason Williams/Johnson. In my view, they got better (clippers fan here)

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I like Barnes, I wish he had stayed with the Magic but I don't think the guy likes being in one place for to long. I do hope the Hawks do well, they do have a very promising team, they'll just have to work a bit harder this year.

I think the best thing the Magic for themselves his post-season was getting rid of Beasley, he never really seemed to fit very well with that group of guys.

All I remember is that your from somewhere in the south (South Carolina?), so why Clippers?

tFtfA.jpg

My Dad is a 40 year+ dedicated laker fan (his favorite player was Rambis) So as a kid, to be a smartass, I went for the "REAL" Team from LA.

it's not a bad team this year.

Gordon/Davis/Griffin/Hofford is a tough lineup, I guess Gomes will be the other starting forward? Foye off of the bench? Best lineup in years.

Bledsoe might be great too.

This kid healthy should be great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_zIAgFKdtg

Abraham Lincoln

Rambis was one goofy looking dude. It was a shame Griffin injured himself before he was even able to make his NBA debut, I felt bad for the guy. The Clippers have a lot of promise, a good young team and Vinny Del Negro is a good coach. Give them a couple more years and I think they'll be looking pretty good.

tFtfA.jpg

You're a fool if you think Miami is guaranteed a championship.

The Celtics, Magic, Lakers (if they trade for Chris Paul, my god), Mavericks, Thunder and to some extent the Bulls, Bucks, Nuggets, Spurs and maybe the Jazz will give Miami very close games.

Infact, other "trios" exist on other teams....Like young sleeper teams?

Try Baron Davis, Chris Kaman, and Blake Griffin of the Clippers. (I almost went gordon over kaman)

Other great trio's that can compete with the BIG "3" if healthy include

Yao Ming, Aaron Brooks, and Kevin Martin (rockets);

Deron Williams, Al Jefferson, and Mehmet Okur (Jazz)

Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups, and Nene (Nuggets)

Rose, Boozer, Noah (Bulls)

Joe Johnson, Al Horford, and Josh Smith (Hawks)

Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobili (Spurs)

Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, and Jeff Green (Thunder)

Dwight Howard, Vince Carter, and Jameer Nelson (Magic)

Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Ray Allen (Celtics)

Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, and Ron Artest (Lakers)

Some of these cores are better than others, some are older, some are more young, But all of these cores when healthy are strong cores that COULD dominate a game and in many ways give Miami some degree of trouble.

You're stretching that list a bit. Those trios CANNOT dominate a trio of Bosh, Wade, and James, however, their TEAMS could dominate, mostly because of the Heat's weak bench.

And I swear I remember hearing something about Barnes going to the Raps, but now Im wondering "What the hell?". Anyways, I don't really care, he's 30, Raps need more Young Gunz.

Btw, I lose all belief that the Hawks are a good team, after they signed Joe Johnson to that atrocious contract.

P.S. The Lebron James signing was so big it was mentioned on CNN in Europe, I was surprised.

22031_s.gif

• 2 months later...

Anyone down to do a fantasy league?

Lets do it! I've done them before, but it would be more fun if we had a tip.it league :)

Heres the league I created: http://games.espn.go.com/fba/leagueoffice?leagueId=94264

It's called "Doing Big Things"

Ha. I was going to join but then I saw that I can't make the draft <_<

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A lot of teams are looking pretty equal with wins and losses right now. Partly because the Heat suck :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...