NBA - 2011-2012 Season Discussion

stevepole

anyone else feel like NBA is rigged sometimes?

Only the refs, but that seems to have died down a bit.

Aye, the refs let alot go by for both teams.

Yea, I don't care if they miss some calls, its going to happen. I just never want to see another Lakers vs. Kings 2002 type of series again.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

not the whole series, but i think it was game 2 that just kept prodding me. i was so surprised celtics won that when they were getting some stupid fouls

Funnily enough, I was complaining about the same thing.... and I think it was game 2 also....

22031_s.gif

Sorry for the double post...

SWEET VICTORY!!!!

Bryant wanted it too much though.

He already knew they were going to win. His MVP acceptance speech sounded rehearsed.rolleyes.gif

Nonetheless it was an awesome season with a great end. I predict we'll see the Celtics and Lakers back again for the '11 finals.

Yeah, without Perkins on the court, Lakers just dominated the rebounds. Celtics played very well though. I'm a lakers fan, but I still thought that the Celtics were going to take it.

Yeah, without Perkins on the court, Lakers just dominated the rebounds. Celtics played very well though. I'm a lakers fan, but I still thought that the Celtics were going to take it.

I feel sorry for Rajon Rondo. Rondo deserved a ring and everyone could tell that he wanted one. Doc Rivers is an excellent coach. Through the Finals they were showing what Doc says to his team and it is really motivating. The Celtics would've had a better chance with Perkins and I'd play Big Baby over Rasheed Wallace in any series. Big Baby might cry alot but he has heart!

I feel sorry for Rajon Rondo. Rondo deserved a ring and everyone could tell that he wanted one. Doc Rivers is an excellent coach. Through the Finals they were showing what Doc says to his team and it is really motivating. The Celtics would've had a better chance with Perkins and I'd play Big Baby over Rasheed Wallace in any series. Big Baby might cry alot but he has heart!

Until Garnett yells at him.

22031_s.gif

This is going to be a very interesting off-season, especially since I'm a Bull's fan. Lets see what Chicago can do :D Btw, the title of this thread should be changed now.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

and yeah, celtics would've won if it wasn't for perkins' injury. without perkins, they didnt have a sub for KG

Wallace, Davis, Scalabrine, that one due with a squashed nose....

And anyways, in my opinion, the thing that's gotten me excited about draft night isnt the draft, but the trades.

First of all, as a Raptor, I am glad that we've gotten Ed Davis. He wasn't even in the talks of the Raptors getting him, so I immediately thought "Who the hell is he?". Then I read his upsides and thought "That's EXACTLY who we need!"

And then we've gotten some 2nd rounder that I'm not even sure we have gotten, who looks a bit raw, but could actually do something for us, with his size.

And then there's Miami, who now have enough cap space to sign two extra free agents OTHER than Wade (A younger Boston Celtics 2.0 anyone?).

And then there's Chicago, who also have enough space now after they've unloaded Hinrich to sign two good free agents.

And then I've heard some rumours that Orlando wants Turkoglu back... oh Toronto Fans, Rejoice! :thumbsup:

22031_s.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I will tell you I'm a fan of Lebron James so I will be following him to Heat and jumping that bandwagon, but I don't really know if it should really be called jumping teams since they don't even currently have a team. The one thing I do hate is the Dan Gilbert's (Cavs majority owner) reaction to the Lebron leaving.

tFtfA.jpg

I will tell you I'm a fan of Lebron James so I will be following him to Heat and jumping that bandwagon, but I don't really know if it should really be called jumping teams since they don't even currently have a team. The one thing I do hate is the Dan Gilbert's (Cavs majority owner) reaction to the Lebron leaving.

I don't really mind him moving too the Heat (How could you not, Bosch AND Wade on that team with James will make it epic) However one thing that bugs me about the whole move was why did he have a hour long special on ESPN about it? It dosen't make any sense to me at all. Just say where you are going and move on.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I think people forget that all the money raised from the sponsors goes to the support the Boys & Girls Club of America. It makes sense to why James would put on such an event. Everyone wants to know his decision and the best way for him to reach out to all his fans and everyone waiting to hear where he's decided to play next season is having a TV special like he had last night. He could have been more conventional and just done a small little press release in Miami or Cleveland but so many people were waiting to hear his decision more then any other free agent, I can justify it, and at the end of the day Lebron's future isn't a mystery anymore. The biggest question in basketball is answered.

tFtfA.jpg

I hate to be an ass and say how I think the NHL is better than the NBA, but this recent LeBron thing just put made my opinion even stronger.

I mean, one team INSTANTLY becoming a contender for championshipS, over the course of a couple DAYS! I think that's just not right. There are going to be few competitive teams in the NBA next season, and even fewer who can compete with the trio of Bosh, James and Wade.

Granted, the NHL roster has 20? players and the NBA roster has 10 (and 5 starting), it'd be much harder for NHL superstars to go to the same team and still be able to find extra players to support, but if several of Syd, Ovie, Kovalchuk, Sedin, Stamkos decided to join the same team overnight and make them contenders, it would make the NHL a joke.

What the heat did wasn't right IMO, I think building a contender should involve work, good scouting, drafting, developing of prospects (like the recent Chicago blackhawks). And not from free agency. I think free agency is for teams to find the last few pieces of the puzzle, or to find someone to build around. Not build a whole team.

Staurolite.png

There will be teams able to compete with Miami. Celtics, Bulls, Magic, Nuggets, and the Lakers still going to be strong teams next season. I really don't think its fair to say that because three of the best players in the league are now on the same team, that no one else will be able to compete. The only ones that are really going to struggle against Miami are the younger teams.

tFtfA.jpg

Well his contact wouldn't have been up until next season, so he didn't really have as many options available to him as many of the other superstar free agents did but he's still young with a very talented team. He has a bright future ahead of him.

tFtfA.jpg