Tavern discussion.

VEGHATERMEATLOVER

In the basement of the tavern there stood a large circular table, it was made a dark wood. in the centre were two candles; burning brightly in the middle, flickering but lighting up the entire room. A glass of brandy sat at the end of the table, it sparkled away against the flickering candle. To the left of it there stood an empty champagne coupe and two large pistols; arranged side by side.

Hex put his teashades on the table next to the champagne coupe.

"Hello, I assume you all know why you are here; because you all own a part of this tavern" Hex adressed the table, He slouched on his large red leather chair.

"and we are going to discuss changes that we wish to make at the tavern" He said dryly.

He took a cigarello out of his pocket and then he pulled out a lighter, he flicked the light and the fire swarmed towards the cigarello, instantly lighting it. He took a deep breath of the cigarello and then breathed it out over the room.

"any points that we want to discuss?" He said slowly

((Basically a discussion thread, discuss things in the tavern in RP; please keep in character and also NO AUTOHITTING))

meatlover.png

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timothy pulled out a revolver, and shot at Hex. He then said, "Medieval fighting games!"

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Hex saw the gun go past and skim his arm, blood started to gush out for a second but then it began to close up and heal.

"As in..." Hex said solemnly... "Tip.it kingdoms" he said dryly. He placed the cigarello on the table, it carried on burning until he placed his index finger sharply on the stub, instantly snuffing it.

"Or one versus one? I can have that arranged in the arena" he said with a hint of pride.

meatlover.png

Maybe another day, Timothy replied with a grin. Right now I'm in the process of nearly dieing.

And I eman a fight game like the Arena, but more limited. No-one uses a plain crossbow when they have magic and laser guns.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

[/hide]

Maybe another day, Timothy replied with a grin. Right now I'm in the process of nearly dieing.

And I eman a fight game like the Arena, but more limited. No-one uses a plain crossbow when they have magic and laser guns.

Except me, said Rocco, kicking the door in.

"If the game had specific rules, you wouldn't be able to break them." Timothy replied, and reinforced his point with a throwing knife.

((Even though Timothy is dead in the Arena, I'm still using him everywhere else.))

[/hide]

Hex took a sip of brandy, he shook at its taste.

"I'll be doing that later..." Hex remarked, leaning on the red chair.

He clicked twice in the air, it looked as if nothing was happening.

"ARCHIMAGE!!!!" He shouted. "Get me a drink!" he shouted.

"moderators.... seriously" He smirked.

"I have been considering make a pirate based RP with complex systems; who's interested? Show of hands?"

meatlover.png

Grim appeared in a flash of light sitting down at the table he scowled at the heathens slowly poisoning themselves "I think a pirate rpg would be... interesting" he said punctuating by throwing a bolt of fire at hex.

LNYvk.png

Hex narrowly dodged the bolt of fire. but it went and hit the champagne coupe instantly melting it to a glassy mess which dripped off the table.

"Ok, here is the brief" He took another sip of brandy.

"I am basically planning on starting a complex system in which diffrent boats fight over diffrent area's and such, it will be like the hegemony in a way but with much more micromanagemnt, all I need now is a system" He said in response

meatlover.png

"Good luck with that, Hex." Timothy replied, obviously uninterest. "I myself prefer to stay out of water, as my armour just refuses to float."

He gave Grim a pitying look. I am drinking water, you fool. As far as I know, there is nothing dangerous about that."

He then begins testing the water for poison.

[/hide]

Out of nowhere Archimage appears, drops a leaflet on the table and then disappears again. Then, from the ether a voice reads it out.

What about Air Pirates?

Starts in 1937

Back story-

This alternate timeline incorporates both fictional and actual historic events. According to the series' official backstory, the divergent timeline begins after the Great War, when a growing "Regionalist movement" was strengthened by its adoption of an isolationist platform. Meanwhile, Prohibition failed as a constitutional amendment, polarizing the nation between "wet" and "dry" states. The result was an overall decline in federal authority as power shifted from the federal level to the state level.

After the breakout of a deadly strain of influenza in America, states closed their borders, further dividing the Union. Shortly after the Wall Street Crash of 1929, Texas seceded from the Union, forming the Republic of Texas on January 1st, 1930. New York was the next state to secede, and persuaded Pennsylvania and New Jersey to merge with it to form the Empire State. California followed suit, as did Utah, which had already come in conflict with the federal government after the establishment of the Smith Law in 1928, that made Mormonism the state religion. Washington, essentially powerless, was unable to stop the country from falling apart. The federal government made its last stand against the 'People's Revolt' of the bread basket states. When the US Army was defeated by the People's Collective forces in 1931, the fate of the Union was sealed, and the rest of the country dissolved into independent nations by the end of 1932.

Though not driectly affected by the Texas Secession, Canada found itself dragged down by the collapse of the U.S., with Quebec seceding in 1930 and the rest of the provinces siding with their nascent southern neighbors: New Brunswick and parts of Quebec joined the Maritime Provinces of Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont; Newfoundland joined Quebec; Manitoba joined the People's Collective as did parts of Saskatchewan, with the Lakota nation laying claim to the rest; British Columbia merged with Oregon and Washington in Pacifica; and Alaska claimed the Yukon territories. The core of the former Canadian government established the Protectorate of Ontario. While Ottawa's authority technically extends to Alberta and the Northwest Territories, these areas are mostly no-man's land, while Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island comprise a self-governing body, commonly referred to as the Northumberland Association.

In 1931, the Territorial Government of Hawaii, was left defenceless in the wake of the fragmenting country and was overthrown in favor of the monarchy with Jonah Kūhiō as its king. Likewise, America's territorial holdings overseas were surrendered following the nation's formal collapse and the formation of the Federal Republic of Columbia on March 1st, 1932.

The resulting nation-states that formed were no longer unifieddistrust between them strained diplomatic relations to the point that several small-scale wars broke out.

After the dissolution of the United States, the country's interstate railroad and highway systems fell into disrepair or were sabotaged as they crossed hostile borders. Consequently, ground-based vehicles such as the locomotive and automobile were replaced by aircraft such as the airplane and the zeppelin as the leading mode of transportation in North America. Europe soon followed this fascination with aviation to make its own strides into the new, aerially-dominated market. Gangs of air pirates formed in turn to plunder airborne commerce. Although air militias formed to counter the threat, rivalries between the nations of North America reduced their capacity to effectively address this issue, and even encouraged the countries to sponsor pirates as privateers so as to direct their illegal operations against opposing nations instead of internal assets. In Europe, privateers and other mercenary groups have been adopted widely by nations who wish to avoid another world war, especially in the case of the Spanish Civil War. By the end of 1937, North America is a "hotbed of conflict," with multiple pirate gangs and air militias battling for control of the skies. Europe is no better, as Germany jockies for power while France and Britain look the other way. The Russian States continue to fight their civil war, which threatens to spill over into the Eastern European nations and Alaska. Asia, too, is on the brink, with Japan's recent invasion of China and the continuation of the bloody civil war in Australia.

Players are divided into two types, Bases and Pirates. Bases cannot engage in wars and Pirates cannot engage in micromanagement. Therefore Pirates should be for hire by bases. Not really got time to flesh the idea out fully so I will just put it out there

(Stolen from Crimson Skies.)

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

• 2 weeks later...

"then someone should start one, I would be willing to join one" He breathed under his breath while lighting a pantello and placing it in his mouth.

"Just so we all know, I have been currently occupied in a different city but it has been hit by a virus outbreak and so i'm back here"

"Maybe a ww2, ww1 based RP (I've just been to belgium a couple of days ago). Maybe add something supernatural.... LIKE DEMONS POSSESING PEOPLE and other stuff, it could be good. I won't start it however"

meatlover.png

If you wanted one that was terribly complex we could have a virus war....You have a NPC, the human, who is in control of 99% of the body to start with, and then you have a number of Viruses, say 5, who try to take control of the body. Different areas give you different advantages, depending on which Virus you choose. The two vital organs, the Head and Heart, must be controlled if less than 50% of the body is controlled by the human. When less than 30% is controlled by the human it starts to shut down and energy reserves must be used, so muscles, fat, skin all give a stored amount of energy but when it is gone it is dead. The digestive system provides a constant supply of energy, but the energy supply can be stopped by the brain or the mouth or the throat. Transportation is done by the veins and arteries(both one way) and so controlling as many of them as possible is a good thing.

Can probably throw a tonne more things into the mix should it be required....

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

((The point of the thread is that you talk in character Ross)

"that is a fantastic idea, it could be like the tip.it hegemony and instead of a map of the world there would be a human body. Customisation of virus's mean that there won't be that many problems with impossible inventions and other things. once a virus has spread we can pass from human to human to even a city, To be honest I love it" Hex said, dropping the pantello from his open mouth

"and no.... Skies of arcadia, not my thing. One its japanese and second its a FPS thing"

"start it if you want however?"

meatlover.png

"I wonder what would happen if the human died with no where to spread because our viruses became super deadly," says Retech as he sits down on the floor next to Hex.

"What? Do I have to make a dramatic entrance?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.