Head of RuneScape speaking at GameCity (with videos)

me

It was advertised that today "Jagex will be making a rare public appearance to give a privileged, unique insight into both the Jagex history and culture - and the development of one of the most successful MMO's of all time".

Well, that's happened now and I went and caught it on video and I'm uploading them now. It was a fun day and gave people the opportunity to hear from Jagex and to meet some of the players.

- Part 1

- Part 2

- Part 3

- Part 4

- Part 5

- Part 6

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

You were actually able to be there and film it eh? :smile:

Yeah, it was pretty cool. As far as I know this is the first time that Jagex have done such an event which wasn't part of something you had to pay for (e.g. a business conference). Part 2 is now up.

ren_tbv450.png

Yeah, it was pretty cool. As far as I know this is the first time that Jagex have done such an event which wasn't part of something you had to pay for (e.g. a business conference). Part 2 is now up.

Hey! I was there too :P

I didn't get to take much video there but you might have noticed me with the brown hair and red bag? I was behind you...

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I didn't get to take much video there but you might have noticed me with the brown hair and red bag? I was behind you...

I wish I had the chance to go the video is great =D>

Nagrom_17.png

Doing random stuff on runescape. Always happy to have a random conversation, just pm me.

It looks like a puke covered dragon face that is screaming
Thanks Unoalexi for my awesome avatar!

Free mousemat and posters ftw.

Bloom lighting looked pretty cool when they added all the effects on. I play rs in Standard Detail and with every increase of detail they showed on the Zanaris shot I was like... EH?? I'm guessing you were one of the guys on the front row video camera at the ready :P

Two of the images that kept looping round confused me, the first almost looked like the area above the Sewer Dungeon (terrorbirds + torts), where Arposandra is blatently hidden with Illusion magic, but i'm not certain. And the image of a square thing in the snow. Not Zemouregals place but the other shot. Any ideas?

Btw Rach i'm so sorry I missed you, when I got off the train at Nottingham I was in my own little world (and following a hot guy sat next to me on the train), next thing I knew I was on a tram. I think I saw you on the train back but nerves got the better of me shouting across a croweded and very angry train..) :( Hope you had a good day! (and picked up fee goodies) I also probably shouldn't have gone, flu is back with avengance and I think I gave it to the girl sat next to me on the way home... oops)

asrhasrh.jpg

Was this the one in nottingham? if so FAIL i missed it

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Free mousemat and posters ftw.

Bloom lighting looked pretty cool when they added all the effects on. I play rs in Standard Detail and with every increase of detail they showed on the Zanaris shot I was like... EH?? I'm guessing you were one of the guys on the front row video camera at the ready :P

Two of the images that kept looping round confused me, the first almost looked like the area above the Sewer Dungeon (terrorbirds + torts), where Arposandra is blatently hidden with Illusion magic, but i'm not certain. And the image of a square thing in the snow. Not Zemouregals place but the other shot. Any ideas?

Yeah, the Zanaris pics were really hot. I took pictures of them but the quality came out rubbish on my camera. :angry:

Not sure about the places, I'm not very widely travelled in the RS world :P

Was this the one in nottingham? if so FAIL i missed it

Yeah, that one. Took me 4 hours there and 5 back <_< <_<

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

dag flam it. I'm like in nottingham =@ i missed a valuble chance to hit racheya over the head with a rubber chicken

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Okay, all 6 parts are uploaded now (see first post). If anyone has better quality vids then please upload. Also if anyone has any energy to post any interesting highlights of what Fetzki says then that'd be good too.

Sorry I didn't really look behind me. You probably heard me rambling about RuneScape, Mario, Luigi and Sonic tho.

ren_tbv450.png

dag flam it. I'm like in nottingham =@ i missed a valuble chance to hit racheya over the head with a rubber chicken

To rub salt into Rockslug wounds.. You missed these :D (see bottom of post) are the mousemates signed? or did someone drop tippex on them?

Oh and the chance to see someone from Jagex.

Btw did anyone else check the updated troll concept art? I think it's new.. and they definately need an update.

2hwjrk2.jpg

asrhasrh.jpg

Glad to hear you guys had a good time.

Being 10 minutes away from the venue, I eventually had to cancel any kind of plans to go there. I was swamped at work 9am-6pm and couldnt take time off. Looks like I missed out on some fun.

Wish I was more of a frequent poster, though. I didnt really want to go on my own, so would have been awesome to meet up with those from this board who went :)

Looks like it would've been great fun :smile:

Thanks for uploading the videos!

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Maybe I'll watch all six videos later, but what I'm really interested in are the screenshots visible in the back.

[hide]

jagex1.png

jagex2.png

jagex3.png

There are more, but my internet is being stupid right now <_<

[/hide]

It could be that these rooms are from recent quests like Within The Light (or maybe WGS, you all know I haven't started that one yet), but I just don't know 'em from anywhere.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for uploading :grin:

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Hmm may watch the videos later, any dvdrips and not these CAM?!

Zanaris should be released soon surely :P

Would have gone just couldn't be bothered paying for the train scroooooge :grin:

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Where exactly was it? I thought it was Cambs, but hearing it was in Nott has annoyed me. Watch it will have been about 10 seconds walk from my flat.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Where exactly was it? I thought it was Cambs, but hearing it was in Nott has annoyed me. Watch it will have been about 10 seconds walk from my flat.

It was in Nottingham, people are confused over Cambridge because that's where the Jagex HQ is. :wink:

It was in Nottingham, people are confused over Cambridge because that's where the Jagex HQ is. :wink:

Oh i think i said it wrong. I meant where in Nottingham was it. I paid no attention to it as i thought it would have been in Cambridge, and I'm currently living in Nottingham.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Oh i think i said it wrong. I meant where in Nottingham was it. I paid no attention to it as i thought it would have been in Cambridge, and I'm currently living in Nottingham.

*Waits for Racheya to respond* :blink:

*Waits for Racheya to respond* :blink:

:P

It was at the centre, there was this fountain thing and according to my ticket it was in the old ballroom or something like that.

I noticed a lot of things were prefixed with 'old' in Nottingham. Odd :blink:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg