Your motivations for going fit

Faux

The main (and most important) reason is that it keeps me fit and healthy. If you're fat, you're more prone to heart attacks than if you're thin.

Otherwise, it's for the looks, and to gain social popularity. Being noticed by others a lot is ftw. :D

(Unfortunately I don't exactly have that much luck getting the girls... but meh who cares. :P )

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question with running. EVERY TIME I go for a jog/run, if I get up to about 11km/h after 2 minutes it always feels like my lower-right rib is stabbing me right into my lung and I can never stop the pain of it happening every damn time, which makes it difficult when I'm trying to get fit and I'm always in pain <.<

Popoto.~<3

Question with running. EVERY TIME I go for a jog/run, if I get up to about 11km/h after 2 minutes it always feels like my lower-right rib is stabbing me right into my lung and I can never stop the pain of it happening every damn time, which makes it difficult when I'm trying to get fit and I'm always in pain <.<

it's gonna go away the more you train

Hey, I might have a solution for you!

When you go running, time your breathing on your left foot. Never inhale or exhale while your right foot is hitting the ground.

The reason for this is that on the right side of your body, you have some more delicate and free-to-move organs (the usual culprit is your liver). So you are landing on your right foot, your liver bobs down slightly, and then you breathe which is causing a contraction of your abdominal muscles and squeezing your liver into an uncomfortable position, pushing it into possibly your ribs or other organs.

Your left side tends to be a lot more stable, and the organs are smaller so they stay in place easier.

Also, though, be mindful of your water intake. If you drink too much water too short of a time before a run, this will also happen. Hydrate no later than 30 mins before you start running.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

When you go running, time your breathing on your left foot. Never inhale or exhale while your right foot is hitting the ground.

The reason for this is that on the right side of your body, you have some more delicate and free-to-move organs (the usual culprit is your liver). So you are landing on your right foot, your liver bobs down slightly, and then you breathe which is causing a contraction of your abdominal muscles and squeezing your liver into an uncomfortable position, pushing it into possibly your ribs or other organs.

Your left side tends to be a lot more stable, and the organs are smaller so they stay in place easier.

Also, though, be mindful of your water intake. If you drink too much water too short of a time before a run, this will also happen. Hydrate no later than 30 mins before you start running.

any evidence of "organ moving" or is this just another fancy urban myth? I have an other fancy urban myth: hold something in your hand as you run, tightly. that's also supposed to help, and is a lot easier than controlled breathing at any rate...

Hydration may be a reasonable cause, also being full in other ways. How do you warm up? A common cause of these "stiches" is lack of warming up before you increase intensity.

any evidence of "organ moving" or is this just another fancy urban myth?

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=side+stitches+liver

There are plenty of causes of stitches, but because Dark_Aura mentioned specifically they are occuring in the exact area where the liver is located, I am pretty sure this is it.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

There are plenty of causes of stitches, but because Dark_Aura mentioned specifically they are occuring in the exact area where the liver is located, I am pretty sure this is it.

Yeah, i took the minute it takes to look stuff up. apparently the liver theory isn't really reliable. left side stiches are more frequent, also in swimming, and that wouldn't be the case if the diaphragm / liver interaction you mention is the cause of stiches.

either way, the cause is really immaterial, as "cures" abound, and have been scientifically researched:

-get in better shape

-strengthen core muscles

-don't eat / drink before training

-hydrate

-warm up properly

-gradually increase intensity

-run on soft surfaces, or with dampened shoes

-control breathing

left side stiches are more frequent

Hence, the reason I am sure that his right-side stitches are probably caused by this...

Myweponsgood.gif

left side stiches are more frequent

Hence, the reason I am sure that his right-side stitches are probably caused by this...

either way, the cause is really immaterial, as "cures" abound, and have been scientifically researched:

-get in better shape

-strengthen core muscles

-don't eat / drink before training

-hydrate

-warm up properly

-gradually increase intensity

-run on soft surfaces, or with dampened shoes

-control breathing

which is the answer to the question asked.

• 2 weeks later...

My motivation is just the benefits of being healthy, I wanna get fit sooo bad lol.

Too bad being healthy has no immediate appearances. I'm going to have a heart attack at 30, mark my words.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Aiming to get fit so I can fight better, as well as feel good about myself.

What do you mean "fight" better ? Is simply being tank, the sole factor in a fight ? Do you go around looking for fights ?

Honestly, reasons like your first one are pure BS.

Aiming to get fit so I can fight better, as well as feel good about myself.

What do you mean "fight" better ? Is simply being tank, the sole factor in a fight ? Do you go around looking for fights ?

Honestly, reasons like your first one are pure BS.

No, I just have people want to fight me a lot, and the day running won't work I want him on the ground asap.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Been trying to "go fit" for a while.. and now that I may end up in the defence force... i need to get my fitness up asap.

even if that doesn't eventuate, i'd just prefer to be fit again, so i can do rock climbing, etc and not be burnt out after 2 climbs :unsure:

My motivation is just the benefits of being healthy, I wanna get fit sooo bad lol.

Too bad being healthy has no immediate appearances. I'm going to have a heart attack at 30, mark my words.

read an article where too much exercise will result in heart problems later on.

everything kills lol

read an article where too much exercise will result in heart problems later on.

everything kills lol

The only winning move is to not play.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!