Your motivations for going fit

Faux

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how I look when I'm fit. It really shows. Makes all that diet and cardio all worth it.

You?

What motivation...

I don't have much at the moment, but I need to get back into better shape...

I guess my motivation when I am training (or trying to) comes from several places..

1) Trying to get fit for the health benefits

2) Improving fitness to improve sporting enjoyment

3) Better self esteem from having a fit body

4) Also getting into a fitness routine can be enjoyable in itself

rosssigfinal.jpg

my parents promised they'd buy me a new computer XD

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Getting more confidence.

Being able to stand up for myself better.

Better appearance.

Able to do more things (for example, a 40kg model isn't going to be doing anything that requires lifting heavy objects) including a wider variety of potential part-time/full-time jobs, increasing income.

I get selected in the 1st team more. Extra 5k per selection. I get injured less, which means more 1st team games. I'll get a better contract next year (assuming I get resigned :ohnoes: ) which means more money and a higher match payment.

It's all about the money baby.

SoLawny.png

Mobility, strength, endurance, agility.

Combat. Climbing/Parkour.

I need to be able to block a punch with both the muscle speed of my arms and legs and the pure defensive strength of my stomach.

I love being able to flip over a low wall.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

Mainly the social benefits. I go to the gym with a few friends, and now I have a whole new set of friends that I've met all while at the gym (there's an indoor pool and we befriend the hot lifeguards).

Hot lifeguards is really all needed to be mentioned here. Well, I just like being fit... going to the gym for me is a natural response after sitting in a chair for too long whether it was at school or at home.

hiccup.png

I've been a little chubby all my life, and now I have the opportunities, I'm going to make the most to remove my love handles (Really the only fat on my body).

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Knowing and feeling twenty four hours a day that I'm getting stronger. Call me masochistic but I love the feeling of sore muscles after a hard workout. Not just lifting but even when I trick. A hard day of butterfly twists and every muscle in my left leg is on fire for the next twenty hours. It's a great feeling because I know that next session my primary muscles will be even stronger.

Walking around, and not having that feeling, it's not something I like.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Feeling fitter, looking better, I guess. Nobody wants to be fat, right? And who enjoys going up a stairs to arrive out of breath?

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I enjoy the physical activity. That really is all the motivation I need. If I didn't enjoy the process, I wouldn't do it.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Fighting. Although the looking better is a nice bonus.

I find that intimidation is the best weapon, often people back down when you flex or show off how strong you are. Even then, they are often too proud to admit they're gonna get rolled, so they'll end up making a scene and starting something anyway. Where I used to lvie, you'd get that crap a lot, so you have to defend yourself.

That is one of my reasons for getting fit, but I have had my air share of stupidity so I shun away from fights.

I also do it because, well I'm single now so I'd like to look a bit better for the girls. One of the reasons I'm going for a 6-pack

Finally, because my self-confidence skyrockets. Great to hear comments like "omg ur tank" (XD). It's really bad when people get this attention and act like tough guys, though. I find it an abuse of their bodies and its kinda wrong :?

disturbeda.png