Your motivations for going fit

Faux

4 years ago I had rugby trials for my country, i was going to the gym maybe 1 or 2 times a week but running outside and proper training for another 3-4.

I ended up in pretty good condition.

Now i stopped rugby and more into kitesurfing, however i want to get back into it soon and so i want to get in with a high level of fitness before the first match

a14z78.jpg

Overseer of Tip.it Clan Tournament 2010

Click

here to read the rules || Click here to sign up

`Stu` on #clans (irc.swiftirc.net)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I have no motivation. I want to be fit, attract women, be more durable, but despite all the attempts, I just CANNOT get motivated enough and I really dont know why. personally I want to shoot myself for being so unmotivated :(

Popoto.~<3

To be honest, I have no motivation. I want to be fit, attract women, be more durable, but despite all the attempts, I just CANNOT get motivated enough and I really dont know why. personally I want to shoot myself for being so unmotivated :(

Been there mate, honestly, just mind over matter to start with, it will sink in after a while and become natural.

a14z78.jpg

Overseer of Tip.it Clan Tournament 2010

Click

here to read the rules || Click here to sign up

`Stu` on #clans (irc.swiftirc.net)

I don't work out too intensely - but I try to do some basic weights and cardio every day. My motivation is to look good - but also I feel so much more alive after daily exercise.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Well I'm trying to go from 150 skinny fat to this:

That's really the only motivation I need. =)

You're never going to look like anything close to that. Have you ever even been to a gym before? Does the term "to failure" mean anything to you?

Frikin pipedreaming Commies...

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

15955270.jpg

This guy has been lifting for 11 years but let himself go but was able to pull through and in 6-7 months he completely transformed himself. [bleep]ing crazy. If I ever look that good in 10 years I'll be so [bleep]ing proud of myself.

What's a sig?

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/2254/15955270.jpg[/img

This guy has been lifting for 11 years but let himself go but was able to pull through and in 6-7 months he completely transformed himself. [bleep]ing crazy. If I ever look that good in 10 years I'll be so [bleep]ing proud of myself.

Sorry but that will never happen without an insane amount of steroid use. That and I think that looks disgusting.

polvCwJ.gif

That's just borderline disgusting. And muscle does NOT build that fast. Unless there's some serious steroid use.

I just can't seem to motivate myself to start working out. I really have a lack of motivation to do anything these days. I really need a drive to get myself moving. Hell, I wouldn't mind just becoming a decent runner more than anything.

Hmm, maybe I could go back up to the farm that I worked and lived at for a month this summer. My weight really didn't change while up there, at all, and I don't think I gained much in the way of muscle, if anything.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Fighting. Although the looking better is a nice bonus.

I find that intimidation is the best weapon, often people back down when you flex or show off how strong you are.

And if I looked like I was strong that might work. But I'm 5'7 and 140 pounds, so I don't think many people are going to back down from me.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

That's just borderline disgusting. And muscle does NOT build that fast. Unless there's some serious steroid use.

I just can't seem to motivate myself to start working out. I really have a lack of motivation to do anything these days. I really need a drive to get myself moving. Hell, I wouldn't mind just becoming a decent runner more than anything.

Hmm, maybe I could go back up to the farm that I worked and lived at for a month this summer. My weight really didn't change while up there, at all, and I don't think I gained much in the way of muscle, if anything.

Typical build and cut, plus he is flexing in the 2nd picture along with oils and tanning lotion.

SoLawny.png

Typical build and cut, plus he is flexing in the 2nd picture along with oils and tanning lotion.

Yes, I've noticed insane muscle mass seems to go along with a tan lmao.

polvCwJ.gif

Knowing and feeling twenty four hours a day that I'm getting stronger. Call me masochistic but I love the feeling of sore muscles after a hard workout. Not just lifting but even when I trick. A hard day of butterfly twists and every muscle in my left leg is on fire for the next twenty hours. It's a great feeling because I know that next session my primary muscles will be even stronger.

Walking around, and not having that feeling, it's not something I like.

Best answer.

It's all in the spirit of self-improvement. Everything.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

If I dont get fit, I most likely will become Diabetic. While my insuln level in at a healthy level now, 2 years ago I was so close to being Diabetic its scary (probably less than months, my insulin level was 25, it should be 6-18.) My insulin is 12 atm.

Plus I can get up the 6 flights of stairs to my dorm easier (when elevator is broken) and it makes me feel better and sleep better. ( Lift+Raquetball+Cardio everyday)

Sig

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/2254/15955270.jpg[/img

Sorry but that will never happen without an insane amount of steroid use. That and I think that looks disgusting.

Well I'm sorry if you're too [developmentally delayed]ed to research and find out this is insanely possible without steroids you idiot. Plus the only reason you probably find it disgusting is probably because you're a 120 pound skinny [bleep] who thinks all you need is a set of abs and a 135 lb bench press to be ripped.

What's a sig?

Um... If he was using oils his skin would be shiny and reflective, but it's not so you're also [developmentally delayed]ed and uneducated. And he's in the same pose, might be flexing a bit, obviously he would, who wouldn't want to show off what they had achieved.

Unfortunately he's standing closer to the camera making him appear larger. He already had all that muscle under the fat. This is very well possible w/o steroids if you're man enough to stick with a strict diet and routine. So please don't just jump to conclusions like that.

What's a sig?

I find that most women do not like the ridiculously muscular guys attractive, they prefer normal amount of toned muscle. So I'd rather be toned.

Actually women don't find BODYBUILDERS attractive, if that's what you mean. Those guys have some serious muscle mass. 14 and 15 year old girls prefer skinny toned guys with no muscle what so ever as long as they have a pretty face, to be honest. Toning is just cutting all the fat off your body, getting abs and being as skinny as an anorexic. I'd say women (ages 19 and up who are mature) prefer men who are athletic with a decent build.

What's a sig?

I find that most women do not like the ridiculously muscular guys attractive, they prefer normal amount of toned muscle. So I'd rather be toned.

Actually women don't find BODYBUILDERS attractive, if that's what you mean. Those guys have some serious muscle mass. 14 and 15 year old girls prefer skinny toned guys with no muscle what so ever as long as they have a pretty face, to be honest. Toning is just cutting all the fat off your body, getting abs and being as skinny as an anorexic. I'd say women (ages 19 and up who are mature) prefer men who are athletic with a decent build.

That actually is really terrible looking. I prefer guys with a bit of muscle, but not anything that excessive.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

That actually is really terrible looking. I prefer guys with a bit of muscle, but not anything that excessive.

So you prefer these anorexic guys that think they're ripped?

n645337731_683840_9933.jpg

or this

DSCN0725.jpg

?

What's a sig?

I was wondering when the first meathead would arrive in Health&Fitness... Honestly, if you're training purely to look good and not for the health benefits, you're a douche in my books. The gym I go to is filled with these people - they always do their exercises in front of mirrors and flex after each set. You could argue they are making sure their posture is correct by looking in the mirror, but you can easily tell when they're just devouring themselves with their eyes.

How poor a self image can you have?

hiccup.png

[hide=quote wall and pics]

So you prefer these anorexic guys that think they're ripped?

n645337731_683840_9933.jpg

or this

DSCN0725.jpg

?

[/hide]

OMFG that was funny as, second guy in the pic roflcakes :lol:.

disturbeda.png

Fighting. Although the looking better is a nice bonus.

I find that intimidation is the best weapon, often people back down when you flex or show off how strong you are.

And if I looked like I was strong that might work. But I'm 5'7 and 140 pounds, so I don't think many people are going to back down from me.

I'm short so most people underestimate me big time. Its really annoying >.<

Whoops, double post #-o

disturbeda.png