Electronic Music

Sam

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

That's not too bad, meb

Someone here who genuinly doesn't hate my music??? :ohnoes:

Moar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cOUs6gWbhY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUEVs4xgQpo

Retired

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd just sleep deeper if that would be my alarm tone lol.

This wakes you up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFtZlQzKYRw

Retired

I find Aphex Twin helps me stay awake on long nights sometimes, and it's nice to wake up to his ambient stuff from SAW 85-92

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

This is the greatest thread on tip.it forums.

I've been into electronic music for about five years now. I prefer all the European stuff, in the veins of deep house, techno, tech house, minimal techno, all that jazz. Labels like Diynamic, Planet E Communications, M_nus, Cadenza, Cocoon, and the like. If anyone has interest in these, please PM me. I love discussing this music with people and love to share favorites and ideas and such.

Right now, I've been on a more deep house bent, with tracks from DPlay, Manuel Tur, John Daly, and Chymera popping up on my favorites playlist. Also, Lee Curtiss has released some amazing remixes too, including his remix of Gadi Mizrahi's "Can't Stop This Feeling" and Matt Tolfrey and Inxec's "Hollywood", both stellar deep house remixes. Also Lewis Boardman's remix of Nina Kraviz's "Pain in the Ass".

Sorry, that was long. :P I love love love electronic music though. Thanks for starting this thread! :thumbsup:

Retefael.png

"We need to gain a historical respect for electronic music. Classical has

had that for hundreds of years. I love all styles of music, but I dont find

that electronic has the same type of timelessness." - Carl Craig

I saw jazz in your post and thought "Well, this might be interesting". Disappointed though.

I'm looking for something that combines that theoretical expertise of genres like progressive rock, jazz, baroque/classical, etc with the new sounds of electronic music (I'm talking electronic music only, no electronic and baroque mix). Does it exist?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I saw jazz in your post and thought "Well, this might be interesting". Disappointed though.

I'm looking for something that combines that theoretical expertise of genres like progressive rock, jazz, baroque/classical, etc with the new sounds of electronic music (I'm talking electronic music only, no electronic and baroque mix). Does it exist?

It most definitely does. For jazz, try Cobblestone Jazz. Very freeform, but some very interesting sound design and production, and a lot of live instrumentation is used too. They are as close to a jazz jam band as you can get, but I absolutely love their work. Their album "23 Seconds" is great, best cuts off of that include "Lime In Da Coconut", "Dump Truck", and "India In Me". Also check out all their singles on the label Wagon Repair.

As for classical, producers Moritz von Oswald & Carl Craig reworked Bolero, Pictures At An Exhibition, and Spanish Rhapsody (the middle version used is Ravel's 1922 orchestration) and the outcome is simply amazing. Here's a review of it and the discogs page for it. I 100% recommend it.

Discogs page

Resident Advisor review

Oswald has also released two albums with his Moritz von Oswald Trio on Honest Jon's Records, "Vertical Ascent" and "Horizontal Structures". Both are sort of abstract pieces with elements of dub techno and experimental music included, they're extremely interesting to listen to if you've an ear for detailed sound and sound design as a whole.

Hope I helped! :thumbsup:

Retefael.png

Thanks! Are the classical-esque ones all reworks or are some of them originals?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Thanks! Are the classical-esque ones all reworks or are some of them originals?

All reworks of the originals.

Retefael.png

Not really getting what you're saying. You're after music with only electronically generated sounds? Not sample based electronic music? If so, check out Raster Noton label, especially Alva Noto and his collab works. Check his stuff here: http://www.alvanoto.com/?a1=audio

He has done some very interesting projects where he mixes live music, not samples, and his purely electronically created music.

[hide]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INBDe-GoGlQ[/hide]

[hide]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDTovW5Pb2w[/hide]

there is large amount of music that boomkat.com calls 'Modern Classical' out there, if that's what you're after: http://boomkat.com/genres/32/recommendations/grid

cooool jazzy sample bbeat music:

http://projectmooncircle.bandcamp.com/album/the-branches

What I mean is a lot of the classical era composers we know today represent the most evolved form of church music when it came to music theory. I was wondering if there were equivalents with modern music forms, such as electronic music.

I'm surprised nobody has posted this song here yet, although maybe I missed it?

I think this qualifies for the thread:

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

I'm surprised nobody has posted this song here yet, although maybe I missed it?

Seeing this song live was bloody epic. Probably my favourite Chemical Brothers track, if not, top three.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

• 2 weeks later...

Retired