Obama's First Year

i_love_burritos

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opion he has made change, the change he has made is to put us in even more debt and make us look like [wagon] kissers, so yea i kinda hate him, although Mcain or Palin would be scary to but not this bad i dont think.

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

What does ad hominem mean anyway? :unsure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

In a nutshell, it's using a quality of someone against their arguments.

Ahh, gotcha.

Too much of that crap's been going 'round TIF.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

In my opion he has made change, the change he has made is to put us in even more debt and make us look like [wagon] kissers, so yea i kinda hate him, although Mcain or Palin would be scary to but not this bad i dont think.

How has he put us in more debt, and how do we look like [wagon] kissers? I am not denying or agreeing with either statement, I want to know what you think.

How has he put us in more debt, and how do we look like [wagon] kissers? I am not denying or agreeing with either statement, I want to know what you think.

Well we look like [wagon] kissers because he appoligizes to other countrys for things needed to be done then he runs over to China and borrows trillions of dollars to give as "appolige money" to the country. I dont know i disagree with alot of his choices and most of our government's choices.

vcz3sx.png

What is it about politics that make people go after each others' throats? Telling someone that their political belief is "wrong" over the Internet isn't going to help solve the economical crisis that we have going on right now. The president also isn't some sort of superman who can just magically wave his finger and say "Problems gone!" Obama can't do it and neither could McCain or Palin.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

What is it about politics that make people go after each others' throats? Telling someone that their political belief is "wrong" over the Internet isn't going to help solve the economical crisis that we have going on right now.

Because we like to be right.

What is it about politics that make people go after each others' throats? Telling someone that their political belief is "wrong" over the Internet isn't going to help solve the economical crisis that we have going on right now. The president also isn't some sort of superman who can just magically wave his finger and say "Problems gone!" Obama can't do it and neither could McCain or Palin.

Was this post directed towards me? Or who?

vcz3sx.png

Everybody who argues politics.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Its called a friendly debate on important topics, people choose to post and risk being flamed/harsh comments etc. nobody is forcing anyone to post or read this thread.

vcz3sx.png

Its called a friendly debate on important topics, people choose to post and risk being flamed/harsh comments etc. nobody is forcing anyone to post or read this thread.

He didn't seem to be complaining about it, he asked a good question about why we as people often get into debates that, in the big picture, make no difference.

He's running and will run this country into finanial ruin, but he'll spend so much time hiding behind 'bipartisanship' that no one will be able to fully blame him.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Ahh, gotcha.

OT'ers love to throw around terms like ad hominem and strawman even when they aren't using the words in the right context. They're political debate buzzwords here because people think using them is a way to devalue other people's arguments. I cringe when I see people posting ad hominem here.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

OT'ers love to throw around terms like ad hominem and strawman even when they aren't using the words in the right context. They're political debate buzzwords here because people think using them is a way to devalue other people's arguments. I cringe when I see people posting ad hominem here.

How are you expected to give a proper rebuttal when they twist your words or just keep insulting you? I agree that it can get a bit excessive, especially when someone makes a valid point with a few trivial flaws on the side and then the other debater just shouts, "Logical fallacy!". But sometimes it's necessary.

I don't mind seeing the words used but most of the time they aren't used correctly here, that was my point.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

He's running and will run this country into finanial ruin, but he'll spend so much time hiding behind 'bipartisanship' that no one will be able to fully blame him.

You say that as if John McCain or another candidate wouldn't have done the same.

Yes, your point being...?

The guy's done nothing, just ruined any respect I had for him to begin with. He most definitely doesn't deserve the Nobel Prize. So what, he's half-black? OMG! :roll: The whole thing's stupid, next year the entire Congress is going to be overrun with Republicans because the people are beginning to understand that the man can't run a store, let alone a country, and does stupid things with the things that really need to be fixed (we need Tort Reform, not Healthcare for All). Obamacare (for lack of caring, even though he doesn't even know all of what's in it) is truly FAIL. At least 85% of the people in the US are happy with their healthcare, whether they have insurance or not.

And yes, I watch Fox News because they aren't following the president around and going 'OMG! It's Sasha's birthday!'. There's a reason it currently has the highest ratings of the mainstream news channels. Maybe they're not 'fair and balanced' to you, but they are to many, many people nowadays.

The guy's done nothing, just ruined any respect I had for him to begin with. He most definitely doesn't deserve the Nobel Prize. So what, he's half-black? OMG! :roll: The whole thing's stupid, next year the entire Congress is going to be overrun with Republicans because the people are beginning to understand that the man can't run a store, let alone a country, and does stupid things with the things that really need to be fixed (we need Tort Reform, not Healthcare for All). Obamacare (for lack of caring, even though he doesn't even know all of what's in it) is truly FAIL. At least 85% of the people in the US are happy with their healthcare, whether they have insurance or not.

And yes, I watch Fox News because they aren't following the president around and going 'OMG! It's Sasha's birthday!'. There's a reason it currently has the highest ratings of the mainstream news channels. Maybe they're not 'fair and balanced' to you, but they are to many, many people nowadays.

You better be trolling.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

You better be trolling.

I'm pretty sure she's not.

What's wrong with hawks post...? Apart from the "the guys done nothing comment" (which is debatable), nothing seemed blatantly stupid/arrogant/trollish about it.

She has conservative views. How does that make her a troll?

I'm holding back a "oh right, everyone here's a teenage liberal", because I know the second I say that this whole thing will degrade into typical "us vs them" american politics. So let's not go down that road >_>.

What's wrong with hawks post...? Apart from the "the guys done nothing comment" (which is debatable), nothing seemed blatantly stupid/arrogant/trollish about it.

I'm holding back a "oh right, everyone here's a teenage liberal", because I know the second I say that this whole thing will degrade into typical "us vs them" american politics. So let's not go down that road >_>.

Obama done nothing.

85% approve of current health care.

FOX News being fair and balanced.

Three 100% false statements. I would rather assume someone is trolling than they believe blatantly false information.

EDIT: Plus mentioning the President's race, which is completely irrelevant.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

[hide]

Ahh, gotcha.

How are you expected to give a proper rebuttal when they twist your words or just keep insulting you? I agree that it can get a bit excessive, especially when someone makes a valid point with a few trivial flaws on the side and then the other debater just shouts, "Logical fallacy!". But sometimes it's necessary.

I don't mind seeing the words used but most of the time they aren't used correctly here, that was my point.

[/hide]

It all started over this summer I think. I remember before, "troll" was used very rarely. A stupid person wasn't considered a troll, just a stupid person. Now everybody and their mothers are called trolls; debate terms were hardly used neither, TIF debates were casual with some heating points but not some formal political debate on national TV. :roll:

I wish certain people on TIF wouldn't spend their time scheming a way to denounce an opposing view by using terms but by making an argument.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Obama done nothing.

85% approve of current health care.

FOX News being fair and balanced.

Three 100% false statements. I would rather assume someone is trolling than they believe blatantly false information.

EDIT: Plus mentioning the President's race, which is completely irrelevant.

1) What change has Obama achieved?

2) I've read plenty of unbiased data that backs that statistic up, some that go even farther. I personally believe Obama himself sees truth in that statistic, but at the same time he wishes to give affordable healthcare to the 15% who don't approve of current healthcare. I just think he's going about it a very, very wrong way.

3) I can tell you that that is the farthest from 100% false that any current media station gets, but you wouldn't believe me anyways.