food shortage?

dragon246665

I tend to fish - cook any food I need, I do however find that people very rarely catch cook their own food.

anyone else agree?

Teshi...

[hide=Stats & Goals]

teshiburu.png

Teshiburu.png

Teshiburu.png

Teshiburu.png

[/hide]

Feel Free To Add Me In Game I Love Talking To Anyone| Void Knight Justicar

99s In Order of Achievement: Fletching, Strength, Cooking]

You can bet that there are a lot of people that are gonna wake up when the update gets release and whine that merchanters are ruining the economy, the G.E. is broke because they can't buy what they want unless they have tons of junk all the while they could have gotten to a fishing spot for enough food to last a while.

I understand planning ahead and investing is wise, I'm just half-ranting against the players who are too short-sighted to do either.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I dont see the issue - i fish 350 monks burn like 10-30 and they will see me over for a while,

yet I dont see the issue with it? people ask me "how much have you made from your fishing", like it has to be used to make money instead of being used to play the game?

Teshi...

[hide=Stats & Goals]

teshiburu.png

Teshiburu.png

Teshiburu.png

Teshiburu.png

[/hide]

Feel Free To Add Me In Game I Love Talking To Anyone| Void Knight Justicar

99s In Order of Achievement: Fletching, Strength, Cooking]

If buy offers at the max price won't go through the GE, then it means the supply is down. IOW, get over your sense of self-entitlement and go catch & cook your own damned fish.

The GE is not the Runescape version of Kroger. You can't buy what players are unwilling to sell.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Karambwans!

Always been my favorite source of food in an emergency. ;-)

Plus if you get really desperate there are a few select food stores or you can buy stews from Seers and Spice from Ardougne. It doesn't take *that* long to get a sizable stockpile.

2dgucz6.png

Food shortage? Really?

foodcrisisnoway.png

Everything is from scratch, over a longer period of time. Most of the stacks have never seen market circulation.

Such a "shortage" is never an issue if a player keeps a reasonable stock of items he/she uses in the bank. It also allows the said player to not depend on market fluctuations, that can cripple those unprepared. Yes Jagex do keep the stock in shops too low (causes massive inflation) and yes 76king and merchant clans have devastated the already weak economy to the point where it's arguably faster to gather the items yourself rather than waiting for the GE to update. The GE won't deliver if there's nothing to deliver. Sometimes, if you want something done, you gotta do it yourself. :wink:

dontfearthereaper2.png

Market conditions mean that it's becoming more worthwhile to use your skills to get resources, rather than just buy it off the grand exchange?

In terms of skilling products like food and potions, I'd actually say rising prices are a good thing.

When the grand exchange and infinite shop stocks came out, it removed a lot of reasons to do many skill activities - it was just to easy to buy stuff.

Large parts of the game became pointless, if some of that is being undone now - I say good.

I didn't get to 99 fishing and cooking by buying all the food I needed from the GE...

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Shortages are caused by incorrect (too low) GE price limits. Purely Jagex's fault.

With correct limits (or no limits at all) there would be equal amount of supply and demand - no shortage, no surplus.