dragon pickaxe and prayer question

thunderlord

Does it make a noticeable difference when mining?(Mainly living rock caverns and runite rocks)

At which price do you think the dpick will stabilize, also how long will that take?

Is it worth the price? As 15mill sounds a bit much for a single pickaxe, off which i don't know when it will crash

I'm probably not going to sell it after 99 mining so i want to buy it as cheap possible, if it would take a year for the price to drop i will just buy one now, but if it will probably crash in the next 1 or 2 months i will probably wait

Should I get 70 prayer right now? (7m) or should I wait for the prices to drop after the prayer update thing (theyre rising because they are expecting an update, right?) if I shouldn't spend money on prayer, would it be wise to spend it on summoning instead?

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

It was stated in another help and advice thread that the dragon pick does nothing at living rock caverns. I don't' remember who said it but i am pretty i do remember it was a legitimate source. I am a 100 % certain that it will help on the runite though. price i am think around 8 mil and it might take about 6 months i think to get there.

Yeah I can't spell get over it!

groeschen1.png

The price will definitely go down. It's only up in the stratosphere right now because it's still a fairly new item. The only other Dragon items worth over a couple of mil are the platebody, full helm and claws, and the pickaxe isn't exactly a PvP item.

I see it, eventually, stabilizing down in the 2-5m range like the Dragon hatchet. But that might take a while.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

It was stated in another help and advice thread that the dragon pick does nothing at living rock caverns. I don't' remember who said it but i am pretty i do remember it was a legitimate source. I am a 100 % certain that it will help on the runite though. price i am think around 8 mil and it might take about 6 months i think to get there.

I saw this on another thread, but i'm not sure about it, if dragon = rune, then it should be rune=bronze, right?

"It definitely helps at the living rock caverns, I estimate about a 10% boost.

If you plan to mine 150m worth of gold, then the pick will already have paid for itself. Plus the time you save = more money. And the resell value."

I think I will just buy one as soon as i can, the only problem is that i am 2m short... :P

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

In response to the prayer questions, that's hard to answer. If the new prayer update comes and it is really good, then prices will continue to rise, if the update is bad/easier way to train, then the prices will fall dramatically.

Off-topic: I'm happy I got mine for 4m

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

There is NO significant benefit (perhaps the biggest benefit is psychological) of the dpick over the rune pick at Living Rock Caverns.

There is a benefit at Rune, but since you only mine ~50 ores/hour (if you're good), the benefit isn't very significant. If you were mining something like regular gold, you'd really see the difference because you are mining hundreds of ores per hour. But at Rune? It'll maybe save 1-2 minutes per hour? You really won't see the benefits. So if you intend to mine with the dpick at Concentrated Gold/Coal or at Rune, forget it. It's not worth it.

Speaking of mining Rune, take a look at my WIP mining guide. I have finished a huge section of the best way to mine Rune. I plan to have a Living Rocks section up in the future. Here's the link since it's not in my sig:

http://forum.tip.it/topic/248409-mining-a-complete-guide

There is NO significant benefit (perhaps the biggest benefit is psychological) of the dpick over the rune pick at Living Rock Caverns.

There is a benefit at Rune, but since you only mine ~50 ores/hour (if you're good), the benefit isn't very significant. If you were mining something like regular gold, you'd really see the difference because you are mining hundreds of ores per hour. But at Rune? It'll maybe save 1-2 minutes per hour? You really won't see the benefits. So if you intend to mine with the dpick at Concentrated Gold/Coal or at Rune, forget it. It's not worth it.

Speaking of mining Rune, take a look at my WIP mining guide. I have finished a huge section of the best way to mine Rune. I plan to have a Living Rocks section up in the future. Here's the link since it's not in my sig:

I basically timed myself for 2 hours at living rock caverns with rune pick, got 45k/hr, and dpick, 50k/hr.

If you're going to say that a piece of game content has no benefits, I think the burden of proof lies on you.

You'll need quite a few more tests to average out your data more. It would be foolish to say dragon is no better than rune, but it's certainly not good enough to justify its price. See dragon hatchet over rune; dragon is only a little bit faster than rune (I think a J Mod posted that in a dev blog somewhere), so dragon pick can't be too much faster than rune.

guido_49.png

Buy it, try it.

If you like it enough for its price, keep it.

If not, sell it. I might cost a few k (not much if you can afford the pick in the first place) and you'll have your own opinion.

As the price is now, picks can be bought/sold with easy, try it.

As for the prayer: I'd wouldn't wait for the update. Having the benefit of 70 prayer is always good, and if the update is good, prices will skyrocket even more. If the update is lame/meh, prices might go down, but this might be an opportunity to buy the next levels cheaper, so the price won't be as bad on average.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

The D Pick still has largely "Luxury Item" status; whether its benefits are tangible or not are debatable. If you are poor and looking for a good investment, I'd advise you to steer clear. The item is still very volatile, and no one knows how well it works.

If you have money, or just really want to try it, go ahead! It's your money, and you can sell it back even if it goes down without catastrophic loss.

stormveritas.png

I have a dragon pick and i have 90 minning and i got the pick myself. That said personally i dont think the Dragon Pickaxe is going to fall in price anytime soon, if ever. They are not easy to get people camp at the battle field for months before they get one people die their all the time as the hype on them drops off the amount of people trying to get them becomes less while the amount of people wanting one grows greater... I would buy it now it does help alot when minning mith+ ore you will notice a difference. If you only wanted it to mine granite faster then no.

Get 70 prayer now. The prayer update is supposed to be a high level content update, I doubt they would make a faster and cheaper way of training prayer in that update. Although, even if they did make a new way to train prayer it most likely wouldn't be faster then dragon bones at a gilded alter, because that would have to be like 400k xp/hour and I don't think jagex is that dumb <_<

And ya piety does rock :thumbsup:

I basically timed myself for 2 hours at living rock caverns with rune pick, got 45k/hr, and dpick, 50k/hr.

If you're going to say that a piece of game content has no benefits, I think the burden of proof lies on you.

Well 1 hour for each isn't conclusive either, is it?

My information has no numberical proof, but it does have observations that I have taken, and many of the other miners have taken. The dpick gives no significant benefit.

Well 1 hour for each isn't conclusive either, is it?

My information has no numberical proof, but it does have observations that I have taken, and many of the other miners have taken. The dpick gives no significant benefit.

I did 2 hours at each, and not just once.

Still, it isn't enough to be conclusive.

Now I'm not saying that my information is the absolute truth, but I am saying that from my observations it seems that the dpick gives no SIGNIFICANT benefit (although it still gives a little).

Still, it isn't enough to be conclusive.

Now I'm not saying that my information is the absolute truth, but I am saying that from my observations it seems that the dpick gives no SIGNIFICANT benefit (although it still gives a little).

4 hours of recorded exp for rune and dragon is quite conclusive.

It's not 4 hours of recorded xp, it's 2 hours of each. There is a difference. The margin of error is bigger.

2 hours really ISN'T conclusive. It's general, but it's still prone to error/inconsistencies.

It's not 4 hours of recorded xp, it's 2 hours of each. There is a difference. The margin of error is bigger.

2 hours really ISN'T conclusive. It's general, but it's still prone to error/inconsistencies.

I record for 2 hours at a time, and did both twice.

Anyway, you don't even need to time that much, xp varies only maybe +-2k/hour. Dragon gives a lot more than that.

But that's an assumption, and if we were to follow all the assumptions in life, then we would assume a lot of wrong stuff.

But that's an assumption, and if we were to follow all the assumptions in life, then we would assume a lot of wrong stuff.

What's an assumption, that the exp I timed was due to natural variance (which probably comes out to like a .00000001% chance)?

Far more of an assumption to think that a different and new pickaxe does nothing different from an old one.

Here's the thing though, that's not an assumption. It's an OBSERVATION.

Yes, we're both observing. But my information (can't call it data) is less subjective. That is to say, my data is taken from more time and a greater diversity of people, it's just that there are no raw numbers to support them.