Fishing -- Do We Need More?

AThousandLies

I was just looking at the fishing guide and I noticed the lack of fish that are catchable after swordfish. Lava Eels don't really count, as I don't think anybody really does fish for them. After swordfish, it's another 15 levels to Karambwan, then another 15 to shark, then the manta ray & turtles ... which people rarely catch in comparison.

The fishing guild seems to have few uses. At level 63 fishing or whatever is required, you can get most fish, and you can get them with great efficiency in other places; namely catherby. I mean, when you think about it, the fishing guild is just slightly more useful in terms of location, it has spawns of three fishing utensils and sells feathers. That's all it has over Catherby. Is it really worth it?

I suggest we improve fishing -- add some fish, between Swordfish and other high level fish (like one at 60, another at 70; something of that manner). Perhaps we could add the seasoning of fish, which gives more healing?

Additionally, I think, to make the fishing guild more useful, we need to make one particular fish only available from it. A level 70 fish ... let's say, a crayfish, that can only be caught at one or two fishing spots in the guild. It'd make it actually useful, rather than redundant like it is now.

Any takers?

how about squids...

or jellyfish

or other shellfish then lobbies

as with karambwan thingy, it too could have more then just the use of eatage...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

The kambarwan fish has a quest In which it plays a very big part, i don't know any other fish except the lava eel that has that... or did i miss the release of the quest "a tail of two lobsters"??

But I don't really see the problem with it!! Why fix what isn't broken?

The kambarwan fish has a quest In which it plays a very big part, i don't know any other fish except the lava eel that has that... or did i miss the release of the quest "a tail of two lobsters"??

I'm not saying it's broken; I'm just saying it could do with some improvement.

Using that analogy; let's say it needs some upgrades to secure it and prevent it from breaking.

I think this 2 fro time 2 time. It really annoys me that i have 2 get like 35 lvls or soming to get 2 shark from swordfish and it kind of gets boring :wink: As 4 da fishing guild i think that you r right a gain it needs 2 be put into use more by having better things

I'm not sure how it would affect the PKing world, economy, etc., but I do feel a new fish is appropriate. Crayfish isn't a good choice, though, as it would seemingly be easier to catch than a lobster. I liked the squid and jellyfish suggestion.

As far as the guild being useless goes, I haven't used it so I wouldn't know. Catherby has always met all my fishing needs, not to mention fletching.

lpinkus

I'm not sure how it would affect the PKing world, economy, etc., but I do feel a new fish is appropriate. Crayfish isn't a good choice, though, as it would seemingly be easier to catch than a lobster. I liked the squid and jellyfish suggestion.

Well, yes, the crayfish was just an example from the top of my head.

As far as the guild being useless goes, I haven't used it so I wouldn't know. Catherby has always met all my fishing needs, not to mention fletching.

lpinkus

The fact that you don't need to use the fishing guild illustrates my point perfectly.

Can we wait for carpentry, if jagex brings out boats then stuff like the fishing guild will become obsolete, you go out to sea there will most likely be a huge update with loads of new stuff

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Can we wait for carpentry, if jagex brings out boats then stuff like the fishing guild will become obsolete, you go out to sea there will most likely be a huge update with loads of new stuff

Carpentry was meant to happen about three years ago. Until you see that new skill in your stats menu, don't get your hopes up.

You're also speculating.

wait? your living in the future something that is no good.

and maybe it wont happen, so he has a good idea.

ashmsig1uq.png

overseerlp5.png

R.I.P. Shiva and Steve

i too feel like the fishing guild is a bit uesless, basically the bank to fishing spot distance is fairly similar to catherby, only the range in catherby is actually closer to the bank. fishing guild needs to be re-thought out IMO, put the range much closer to the bank, otherwise why not just go catherby?(alot of ppl in catherby say they prefer it to the guild too)

Junkieman608.png

Because Jagex loves fixing things that arent broken. Theyre getting quite good at it, too.

lpinkus

Well we already have an octopus (Karambwam I believe) but the jellyfish idea would be awesome. I've never been a fan of fishing...ever. However, I feel that something should indeed be done about the gap between swordfish and shark.

However, I don't find the Fishing Guild useless at all. I'm sorry, but being able to have one fishing spot in the guild to myself as opposed to going to catherby and sharing two spots with 25+ other people is worth the 68 (Actually, 65 with a potion) Fishing to get in.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Well, yes, the crayfish was just an example from the top of my head.

lpinkus

The fact that you don't need to use the fishing guild illustrates my point perfectly.

I suppose that's partially true, but I can't agree because I can't use the fishing guild due to my level. I might use it and not Catherby when I'm able to.

lpinkus

However, I don't find the Fishing Guild useless at all. I'm sorry, but being able to have one fishing spot in the guild to myself as opposed to going to catherby and sharing two spots with 25+ other people is worth the 68 (Actually, 65 with a potion) Fishing to get in.

I don't quite understand your point here at all. It's not like fish are being stolen from you. If you don't like other people there, then turn public chat off. You have as much luck with fishing on your own than with 50 people fishing at the same spot.

I don't quite understand your point here at all. It's not like fish are being stolen from you. If you don't like other people there, then turn public chat off. You have as much luck with fishing on your own than with 50 people fishing at the same spot.

Not necessarily. I once tested out a theory that when fishing for swordfish, you catch way more tuna than swordfish if you're fishing with lots of other people, and more swordfish than tuna if by yourself. It seemed pretty true. I fished 500 swordfish/tuna at the guild with a spot to myself and got around 295 swordfish and 205 tuna. With catherby, catching another 500 and sharing a spot, it was around 270 tuna and 230 swordfish. Could have just been luck...but I don't know...seems pretty fishy to me....(sorry... :wink: )

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Not necessarily. I once tested out a theory that when fishing for swordfish, you catch way more tuna than swordfish if you're fishing with lots of other people, and more swordfish than tuna if by yourself. It seemed pretty true. I fished 500 swordfish/tuna at the guild with a spot to myself and got around 295 swordfish and 205 tuna. With catherby, catching another 500 and sharing a spot, it was around 270 tuna and 230 swordfish. Could have just been luck...but I don't know...seems pretty fishy to me....(sorry... :wink: )

It was luck. Thats like the idiot in the fishing guild who tells me to change fishing spots, since I was fishing his fish...

Yes they should realse a pair of f2p butt kicking boots to all the p2p.

And a butt sheild to all th f2p. :roll:

They do need to realese some sort of new fish that requires a mini boat that you go out to sea in

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Yeah it would be nice, but we must consider what might happen to The Wilderness. It's not going to work if it heals more than sharks, and is there so much point in putting another fish in as a gap-flller?

And although the fishing guild isnt really that great in that you cant get any special fish there or catch anything particularly faster, but i *HATE* Catherby with a passion, so much spam...

manipofsarahs1gg5.png