Raising magic

blakdragon39

I want a NON COMBAT way of raising magic. I have access to all the spell books. I'm not really sure what level I wanna go for. Right now, I'm not concerned about cost or anything, I just want to know what my options are. I'd like to know some fast methods, as well as some cost effective methods. Thanks. :)

Blakdragon39.png

There are various lunar spells that are potentially good for training, such as humidify, superglass make, and string jewellery.

One of my favorites for profit is charging air orbs. You can charge about 540 orbs per hour without a beast of burden, and each one is 76 xp and some amount of profit. (Something like 250k gp/hr profit last time I checked, although that was admittedly a while back.) I happen to like it because I don't need to switch spellbooks, it doesn't take lots of concentration, and it's right there in Edgeville where I hang out all the time anyway--some nice side advantages that make it comfortable for me personally.

Superheating various ores. Some, such as addy, you lose far less, but are slower. Others, such as gold you lose a ton, but are very very fast. You also get smithing XP.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

iwth super glass make you can make about 500k an hour if you really focus. that i think is about 4k or so combos. and only a few hundred casts. it is fairly slow mage xp but i like it cause it makes money.

i admit these numbers are kinda old, (about a month or two old) but it should be close.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Plankmake.

Once you hit 86, until then try one of the other ways mentioned. You can also try Orb Enchanting, its decent profit and some what afk-able at the same time.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Plankmake.

Once you hit 86, until then try one of the other ways mentioned. You can also try Orb Enchanting, its decent profit and some what afk-able at the same time.

Sorry if I have hijacked this post.. I apologise but I have been interested in the Orb Enchanting way for a long time now..

Cptbaker, how is this method "some what afk-able"..? Don't u have to keep running back and forth a bank to re-stock? I'll be deeply thankful if you could elaborate becos I think I am missing something here..

I am sure the OP would like to know too..

Thanks!

If I am looking further, that's because I am standing on the shoulders of Giant..!

Plankmake.

Sorry if I have hijacked this post.. I apologise but I have been interested in the Orb Enchanting way for a long time now..

Cptbaker, how is this method "some what afk-able"..? Don't u have to keep running back and forth a bank to re-stock? I'll be deeply thankful if you could elaborate becos I think I am missing something here..

Thanks!

Each orb takes 3 seconds to charge, so a full inventory gives you about a minute and a half of waiting at the air obelisk to finish 27 castings during which you don't need to click or anything.

String Amulets from Lunar spells are a very good way.

I did that when i was lv 83, which got me to 99 in 3 weeks and i spent 35m.

Its the fastest way to get it for sure, also very easy and afkable :wink:

Fastest? No, but it is perhaps the easiest way.

String Amulet is neither particularly fast nor particularly efficient. The only reason why it is viable is because it is fairly safe, stable, and very easy.

Thanks!

Each orb takes 3 seconds to charge, so a full inventory gives you about a minute and a half of waiting at the air obelisk to finish 27 castings during which you don't need to click or anything.

Thanks Troacctid!

So its actually the charging thats taking time.. making it semi-afkable.. The constant running to and fro bank is still required.. :(

Thanks again! and sorry to OP for hijacking!

If I am looking further, that's because I am standing on the shoulders of Giant..!

Haha it's not problem! I got a few more posts and a few more things to think about. :D I've started doing superglass make for now. If I ever get tired of slayer I'll make a serious effort at it, and maybe a few other methods. See which ones I like best. :D Thanks everyone!

Blakdragon39.png