Archimage A's Alpha Centuri!

archimage_a

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Archi, may I use one of your orange rooms to remove the barrier holding the water in C deck? It would mean that most of Retechs people would get flushed out by the flow, so I would be free to retake the entirety of deck C, meaning I can provide a buffer to most of your rooms.

Retech, you don't seem to know Dusty very well.

2Xeo5.png

Awesome.

I disable the barriers, and any of the Lichte who aren't hanging onto a rail or glued to the walls are flushed down the turbolifts, where they hit the ground with splat. My drones move in, using a wall of riot shields at the front and using the +5 sonic cannon to pick off the Lichte from afar.

2Xeo5.png

I thought turbolifts functioned more like teleporters?

---------------------

You are aware that a +5 sonic cannon costs 250 credits. Anyways, the water has flushed out, though the Lichtes are rather dazed yet unharmed. Your drones move in, where the two groups engage.

Can you give me the stats of your drones again?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Rocco, I request aid. My homeland (lolz, homedeck)(well, more of a home half-deck) is being attacked. I am doing this in the interest of peace, and to prevent super powers from dictating the actions of other nations.

In other news, I am beginning to reflood Deck C. The turbolifts have been outfitted such that they function like one of those bank tubes, with capsules and the sort, so it is airlocked. This happens after the battle with Ross, so this doesn't affect that.

Also Archi, how long ago/in the future do we get our credits? Lots of people seem to be claiming them now.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Turbolifts are lifts which go really fast.

The Lichtes would not be dazed and unharmed, since unless they had sunction cups for feet, a lot of them would be flushed out with the water.

Yes, I know sonic cannons cost 250 credits.

There are 3 drones with riot shields and plasma cutters, which get 5/3/2, and the sonic cannoneer gets 3/8/2. The formation means that the sonic cannoneer can't be attacked until the drones with plasma cutters are taken down. They will all fire ranged weaponry until the opposing team gets close, and then they will use plasma cutters. The sonic cannoneer will be using the weapon from behind the others, to shoot at the oncoming lichtes, as well as any lichtes which are armed with ranged weaponry only. Those will be killed first.

2Xeo5.png

Ok, several things.

1. The flow of water would be more like a creek, something a heavy amphibian could easily withstand.

2. My soldiers are already set up in that formation, so you would hit my melee soldiers first. I'm assuming the Maser Dagger ones first because I don't like to keep track of them, but they have the same stats as the other Bayonet soldiers.

3. Archi, seeing as you are no longer neutral and you didn't object in the beginning, I don't think you should be making that call.

----------------

To Rocco, I'll help you reclaim Deck F.

Rocco basically, if you let me do my thing, I will withdraw from F Deck and you can have it and whatever else you have now. If you join me then you can keep whatever you capture...if you join Retech/Dusty then you will be subject to the whims of sub humans.

I recommend you stay neutral.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Retech you make a fair point, but you are not acting at all reasonable. It would be like me saying that my health sprays make it impossible for my units to die during combat....You rooms are impossible to capture during invasions...If you want to set some kind of realistic credit cost then fair enough....considering you are replicating hundreds of Tonnes of water.

Well you see Rocco, you wouldn't be subject to my whims, as we would be equal partners. Archi is just being "racist" against sub humans.

To Pies and Mather, please help me keep the peace. It is Ross and Archi who are the aggressors. I do not wish for them to be punished but I need your help in keeping everyone restrained.

--------------

Replicating? My people essentially live in the stuff, I'm just spreading it around. Besides, it's sea water so it's not needed to be purified.

We wouldn't; Archi and Dusty are on relatively equal footing and will check each other if the other gets aggressive. Besides, small nations must band together and keep the peace, or many of us will not reach Alpha Centauri.

-----------

It was there when we took off.

Retech, stop trying to beg for support. Fight your own battles, like a man, do not run to your masters, like a mouse.

Also, it would not be like a creek. This is hundereds of gallons of water rushing out of hole which is maybe 2x2 metres wide.

That is a hell of a lot of pressure, and anything not anchored down would be sucked out with it. So, not only are your numbers reduced, but the ones who are left are dazed.

Flooding rooms is a terrible tactic, since people can just do that.

2Xeo5.png

Except the entire room is completely full with water. Have you ever watched the movie Titanic? In those rooms which aren't completely under with water, it's like half water and the chairs are floating all over the place.

Flooding rooms is simply a defence mechanism from people like you. It is still a good tactic, mainly because the water can be returned and my people won't get washed out. That was your interpretation of what I did, but I had something different in mind.

---------------------

Also noting that I was being more than fair by stating that the water had indeed washed away, even though my interpretation of the yellow portals was that they connected otherwise completely different decks.

Sigh, fine Retech, since you are unwilling to compromise, even unreasonably compromise, I will think of a defence.

Rocco I agree and extend your terms to the East(of the turbo lifts) side of D Deck, if the current attack on Dusty succeeds.

How the hell do people not get washed out?

If you fill a room with water, and a hole is opened at the bottom, the water is going to rush out with extreme force, taking anything which isn't tied down with it.

That is just basic logic.

Also, I love how nobody can see what Retech is doing.

He's building his own forces, while using the forces of people he gets to protect him. Whether or not he is going to stab them in the back is up to you guys.

Have fun being Retech's meatshield.

2Xeo5.png

Compromise on the water issue?

I would normally compromise, but I'm dealing with something (or someone) right now. I'll talk about the water thing after this is resolved.

--------------

Anywho Ross, with your logic, the ship would be flooded, which is obviously not something that should actually happen. So basically, the turbolifts don't act as giant holes in the ground.

-------------

I don't want anyone to defend me. I just want people to try to resolve this conflict.

Rocco, I'm not asking you to defend me. I just request that you help me end this conflict. For trying to keep the peace, I get war.

Hehe. Just build up your forces and don't attack anyone unless you are 99% sure of winning. I am diplomatic because I know that it would ruin the game if I became too powerful...not only that but I am a tyrant at heart and I don't like it so....

I think if you defeated Dusty, you would become too powerful. Of course, it would add some fun drama. :thumbsup:

For the sake of simplicity let's just say all turbo-lifts are sealed until such time as they are activated, and then they open only when lift is present.

[spoiler=Pic]209587image008.jpg

What happened then is that the water on deck C was lowered by five cm, end of story.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

How about that, for 6 turns, the south west turbolift of deck C is out of action, it is clogged with water and the unfortunate Lichtes who were sucked out with it.

Sure, it means I can't move troops in, but it also means there is no way out for his troops.

2Xeo5.png